@Morello Lets talk Talon

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BanditManSteve

07-23-2012

So I think most people agree that talon needs a little bit of help. He makes for a great mid lane, but thats all he can do. Fixing up his kit a bit would allow him more diversity. His kit also has some small problems, im going to go over what I think needs changing.

1) His passive: In my opinion, talons passive is one of the most useless, and doesnt really flow with his kit at all. Ive never seen a good talon player rush a Frozen Mallet, and the only way he can proc it himself is with W (which is a very short window mind you), or a lucky phage proc. It just doesnt feel good at all, and its a "power passive" as a red put it (Zileas), a passive that isn't fun to use, and just adds power to his kit.

Suggested fix: A friend and I were talking about this one night and he came up with a pretty good Idea. For however much health they are missing, talons (Autos?) will do bonus % physical damage. I think it would be good as it fits with the whole assassin role, and would be much less dependant on others cc or lucky phage procs.

2) His E: His E should be able to cast on his allies, similar to jax leap or Kat shunpo. One of talons biggest issues is getting out of a team fight safely. Say if he gets a kill, his E refreshes immediatly. He can then decide, "is it safe for me to stay and go for more kills, or should I back out?" It would open up more gameplay opportunities. I would also say let the silence scale to 1.5 seconds when maxed, but thats not the main point.

These are just the flaws and things ive noticed that I dont think fit with talons kit or need changing. To make him a more viable to top, maybe move his base stats around. But I basically would just like to know if talon is even getting looked at right now. What is the communities thought on talon?

Here is another awesome point someone made:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Planeswalker View Post
Make either Rake start animation in the middle of Talons model or make cutthroat appear behind/in front of target instead of on top of.

It's frustrating to jump to the target and miss Rake.
EDIT: Removed the top lane bit as people were focusing on that instead of giving ideas for passive or E.

Shodokan123

07-23-2012

Surprisingly i really like both of these suggestions.

A Planeswalker

07-23-2012

Make either Rake start animation in the middle of Talons model or make cutthroat appear behind/in front of target instead of on top of.

It's frustrating to jump to the target and miss Rake.

iblow4ipod

07-23-2012

Gotta disagree on point 2. I've been playing him a lot recently and unlike katarina, his ult is not channeled AND it stealths him, giving him mobility. With this change I would be having a hayday jumping on any squishy target I know I can burst, and then just jumping out again.

Refreshing the escape works with Katarina because for her to get that kill she needs to channel her ult, which is the time she is most vulnerable. Talon doesn't have that moment where you're vulnerable. At least not that i've felt.

Gotta agree with you on the passive. Definitely lackluster, would like to see it changed.

Ornan

07-23-2012

His passive works better when he's not alone, like say during a teamfight or a gank, where someone is BOUND to be cc'd in some fashion. You could also go Rake into his gap close.

The fix seems sort of shakey to me because it's taking lee's second Q and giving it to Talon's auto attacks. I agree whole-heartily with his E though. It would feel like he and Kat were being put into a class of their own, and would give him much better escaping options other than busting his ultimate.

Overdrive

07-23-2012

Made for top?

I lol'd

Keiran Darkwill

07-23-2012

Talon really doesn't need help hes really good mid and if you are playing him top you are doing it wrong.

DeanMerrick

07-23-2012

I have never had a problem getting into and out of team fights as talon. I actually think hes too easy to play just not too many people actually know how to play him.

JereBearX

07-23-2012

Yeah, any assassin needs some form of escape for team fights

Saigo Getsuga

07-23-2012

Top is made for manly men.

Like Riven, Darius Garen, Irelia, Xin.

12345 ... 11