Rise of the Thorns: Designing Zyra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Dragonic

07-20-2012

I can't see any other way to distract us since you did art, and gameplay unless you plan on an inept look at her lore, but then your just asking for trouble hoping she releases tomorrow.

JustAprofile

07-20-2012

problem with riot is they start to trim the champs too much and leave them with little depth :/

Struggler9996

07-20-2012

Is it only because Zyra is Morello's baby that all this extra stuff is being done for her? By which I mean this and the 'inside the art of Zyra' thing.

Or is this going to be SOP from now on?

Neumann

07-20-2012

I love this. Sure I'm not going to lie, I wish Zyra would be released asap, but I understand there's a process and that in the end you guys are just 'perfecting' her, like a great cake, it takes some time and some trial and error.

I love how Riot went with the 'dangerous' route with her, I mean when we think of nature it's usually flowers and fairies and stuff and that's Lulu, she's sweetness with a bit of spice, but then we have Zyra, the opposite in every way, a predator, a thorny femme-fatale who doesn't care how many corpses she has to walk over to get to the winners circle. Great Job Riot!

Morello

Lead Designer

07-20-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struggler9996 View Post
Is it only because Zyra is Morello's baby that all this extra stuff is being done for her? By which I mean this and the 'inside the art of Zyra' thing.

Or is this going to be SOP from now on?
Hehe, Neeks came to me and CertaintlyT and asked a lot of questions - I don't work on the promotional team. I'm not sure why we chose Zyra, but seems cool to me.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hehe, Neeks came to me and CertaintlyT and asked a lot of questions - I don't work on the promotional team. I'm not sure why we chose Zyra, but seems cool to me.
Its fair for me.

BlueSub0

07-20-2012

why the hell are uupdating again im tired of ur ****

Reäpër

07-20-2012

I really don't give a **** about all this zyra stuff. Just release her into the game already. I want my lee sin skin lol

I'm pretty sure a lot of other people would agree.

BadgerPower

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

If she came out tomorrow, I would be so thrilled i would basiclly scream even if it was 5:00

dotaoflegends

07-20-2012

release date?