Teamwork

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IsshuukanFriends

07-20-2012

I was wondering just how important teamwork is in the League.
Say if a team of 5 really good strangers were to go up against 5 average friends who have been playing with each other for a long time. The friends are also talking to each other on webcams. Do you think that the friends would win?
Also do you know anywhere I can build a team? Not with jerks and uptight people but cool people who I can relate to. Thanks

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-20-2012

It depends... part of being 'really good' is being able to adapt to your team. If they're not working together, they at the very least the friends would have a shot, possibly even the advantage.

There have been plenty of games I've played with my friends where we're losing every lane, then once laning ends, we pull to an abrupt stop as we start clawing our way back to victory. It's not always about making the 'right' call, it's about making the same call as your team.

AJStarhiker

07-20-2012

Teams have a few advantages over playing with a group of strangers:

First, the premade can talk about positions and prefered champions before they even join a queue.

Second, using webcams or a voice chat system means you don't have to waste time typing when you should be throwing out abilities/spells.

Third, your buddies are less likely to harrass you if you're having an off game.

Basically, playing friends might not guarantee a win but it reduces some of the factors that can cause a game to implode on you.

As for building a team, I'd suggest checking out the clan recruitment forums. You'll find everything from casual clans to tournement-level teams. Just know that some groups have level/elo requirements.

RiotKTGoldwolf

Assistant Producer

07-20-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

At any rate, winning or even losing with friends is tons of fun and highly recommended.

If you play with someone on your team who seems easygoing or tells a good joke, why not try adding them to your buddy list in the after game stat screen? Building up a buddy list full of nice people gives you a great resource to make a premade team.

ploki122

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKTGoldwolf View Post
At any rate, winning or even losing with friends is tons of fun and highly recommended.

If you play with someone on your team who seems easygoing or tells a good joke, why not try adding them to your buddy list in the after game stat screen? Building up a buddy list full of nice people gives you a great resource to make a premade team.
That

Pentakill Jones

07-20-2012

I've actually recently made a team just for making premade games and leveling up with people. If you want you should check it out: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2369834

But teamwork is necessary to win in this game. Without teamwork you will almost definitely lose.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-20-2012

KT... Why do you have to go and one up me like that? T_T