Champion variety (beware: monsters within!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heil Teemo

07-20-2012

Awesome. I'm glad all that hearsay was unfounded.

Now I just gotta get a red to talk about Trundle...

Morello

Lead Designer

07-20-2012
2 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cae vida loka View Post
How's this kid not fired yet?
Sorry if you don't like variety - our bad.

Ebonmaw Dragon

07-20-2012

CANDY CLOWN THAT SHOOTS RAINBOWs WHERe!!!

Pallin Majere

07-20-2012

I just came back to league after a long hiatus (end of college, graduated, lookin for job~) and I gotta say after being not so closely evolved from the day to day of league, I'm massively impressed with how far the game has come along in only a few months. The game looks and feels like "Project Shiny" has been implemented - I noticed the extra details and map terrain and the overall improvement with animations/spell effects in each new champion. Its simply amazing. I am glad you guys are so tough on yourselves because it is coming along great.

Sometimes looking at the big picture lets you know how far you've come, but player perceptions are hard to see without playing every day. It is probably why many people feel this way - because as good as the 12 month plan looks, it may not feel that way to people who play everyday. Progress feels slow and even just 3 months of champions that are "near" the look/feel of each other SEEMS bad. But overall, there is a big variety, and spacing out champs when they take a long time to develop and evolve internally - I would guess is a pretty tall order for developers.

Keep up the good work guys!

Get Rekt Nerd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Sorry if you don't like variety - our bad.
He jelly of your nerfbat is all.

mikkozak

07-20-2012

Upvoted for ur attempt to bring "Rad" back good sir!

Psycho Pretzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Good guy Morello

TheHatPerson

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Rhombus View Post
Exactly what I wanted to hear. There is nothing in this announcement that I disagree with.
only 1 real monster in a year, make it at least 2 considering we will have around 15-20 champs in a year

DisposableHer0

07-20-2012

honestly this has been a problem for years and you're seeing it now? gg

Fox P McCloud

07-20-2012

I must say though, Morello...some archetypes that are ultra popular in fantasy games...you guys haven't explored well (demon/devil champ, god champ...it took you 3 years to explore "nature mage"...and water manipulator is still absent, etc).

While LoL has a great and unique variety of champs and archetypes...there's some types that are present in nearly all fantasy genre/games that are absent in LoL. Do you plan on fixing/changing this?