karma lanes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AshKetchummmm

07-20-2012

Mid is all fine and dandy.

But I want to know, is karma a viable pick for other lanes?

Solo top? Sustain. Check. Nice starting hp for an AP. Check. Poke and burst. Check.

Viable? Id like to think that she falls under the "other champs do better" category.
but id like some input from experience.

Duo bot lane?
awesome support and burst.
I don't see why we wouldn't be able to send her down lane with some gp5 items with a little bit of cs.

If viable, who would be best to synergize? Thinking someone who doesn't need the entire creep farm to stay efficient.

Discuss, input please.

"don't" is not acceptable.

Sinful Symbolism

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

I prefer Karma top in a lot of matchups. Shes got chains for helping escape ganks, lots of sustain and dat shield. She also does well against a lot of tops early because most people stack flat armor yellows and scaling mr blues appose to flats.

She needs new skins though.

AshKetchummmm

07-20-2012

Also, on top of what you're saying, her ap scales with missing health% which is even more effective vs the scaling mresist runes.

With the proper rune set, karma has potential to dominate top.

I haven't played her too much yet. But I've played league long enough to know what im looking for in a champ in any lane. And I thought shed be able to handle herself pretty well.

Also, she does need new skins. Her default is her best one imho. She has an awkward movement too. X,x

Sinful Symbolism

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

I use the Sakura skin. I actually end up covering skins I buy with custom skins if I don't think they are the most appealing.

One of the best things about playing karma in top lane is the fact that you can stay in lane for a long time at low health. I usually try to stay at around a little less than half hp. This triggers a nice boost from her passive along with making the apposing laner think they can harass me.

Etherimp

07-20-2012

Karma can literally play everywhere, including jungle and AD carry. Ofc, she's not the best AD carry, nor is she the best at anything else.. But she's difficult to counter and can fit almost any role. Honestly I believe she "belongs" on solo-top as a counter-pick much in the same way you would choose Swain, Vlad, Morde, or Teemo.

Melee champions seriously do not want to trade with her. Between her shield bomb, her slow, her heal, and her passive, she can really shut them down.

TheGrayBuffoon

07-20-2012

She works great with melee champs and I have seen her surprisingly well at bot supporting our AD ranged as long as she was built AP.

* The thing to keep in mind is that where many people see her as UP it is actually due to teammates not understanding her kit and what she brings to the table. If you have laning partners/teammates who can utilize her strengths Karma is very good. And her shield is one of the best if not the best in the game.

Matake

07-20-2012

Karma isn't viable in any lane. Her range is unacceptable. Her farming mid-game is great but you're about as useful as Orianna without the huge CC ult in late-game team fights.

Sinful Symbolism

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matake View Post
Karma isn't viable in any lane. Her range is unacceptable. Her farming mid-game is great but you're about as useful as Orianna without the huge CC ult in late-game team fights.
So your telling me it's not very useful to shield AND heal your allies, while at the same time tossing around massive AoE damage?

Khaos Wildfire

07-20-2012

Karma has been one of my favorite champs - I play her as the support in a Kill lane bot. So far this works about 70% to 75% of the time. She is NOT a 0 cs support. She needs to clear minions and jungle creeps when she can. If your duo fails to get kills, then it's not as fun.

Build her like this:

Boot of Speed
Philo Stone
Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Will of the Ancients
Shurelya's Reverie
Aegis of the Legion
Rabadon's Deathcap
Rylai's Crystal Sceptor or Catayst into RoA or Chalice into Athene's Unholy Grail

Runes - Magic Pen Reds, Mp5/level blues, Flat AP yellows, either Move Speed or AP Quints

Masteries - 9/0/21 for spell pen, AP, cooldowns on Offense, and Spell Vamp, MS, mp/5, cooldowns for utliity (10% cooldowns from here) GET SAGE! You will get the most assists usually - healing your allies and hitting all the enemy will do that!

Spells: Clarity and Flash or Heal and Flash (depends on how much you like to spam)

Okay, my Logic!

Remember - this is a Kill Lane Support NOT your AP CARRY

My favorite lane partner is Garen. Why Garen? We hide in the bush, they run up. Garen hits Q and runs out like he's just been caught with another guy's woman and smashes them in the face - silenced! Now SHIELD BOMB HIM so he TAKES NO DAMAGE from their attacks and then he can SPIN TO WIN IN THEIR FACE or make a TACTICAL RETREAT. WHILE HE IS SPINNING YOU HEAL HIM AND DAMAGE THEM. The enemy will flash away!

His passive regen heals him up a bit, you laugh because now they have one guy at 1/3 hp. They will scream for their jungle to come down but he is trying to gank top so you're safe.

New creep wave comes in and they try to last hit and you SPEED BUFF GAREN WITH HIS Q AND HE SMASHES TEEMO IN THE FACE AGAIN, YOU SHIELD BOMB AND THROW YOUR FANS AGAIN - A smart Garen takes Exaust and Ignite so now this other guy, who I apparently decided was Teemo, is now DEAD!

You share the farm and you as Karma PROBABLY KILL STOLE BUT THAT'S OKAY!!!

Now you're level 6 which means IT'S TOWER DIVE NO MATTER WHAT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T STOP A GAREN WHO HIT HIS Q SO WHEN HE RUNS IN YOU SHIELD BOMB HIM AGAIN AND WATCH AS HE ULTS THE little GUY.

Philo for sustain - Shurelya's Reverie + speed boost is insane + Garens Q = LOL.

WotA for great life steal and Aegis to make your shield even be able to take more damage and help everyone's resistance in a Team Fight! If you get a deathcap then your Shield bomb should be over 600-700 or so, especially if you drop to low health and your passive kicks in.

Bomb the initiator and heal when necessary, shield the carry, speed boost the entire group, etc, Karma can do it all.

If your Garen partner is Drunk you will probably get more kills - YOU HAVE TO BE AGGRESSIVE.

REMEMBER IT DOESN'T WORK AGAINST EVERYONE ESPECIALLY A PAIR LIKE SORAKA + VAYNE WITH THE HEALZ AND KNOCKBACKS.

DON'T SAY IT SUCKS UNTIL YOU TRY IT!

OTHER GOOD LANE PARTNERS INCLUDE: Renekton, Irelia, Jarven, Panth, and Talon - They have good gap closers and take take some hits - it's all about burst.

Please let me know if this strategy works out for you. Add me in game to try it sometime.

Khaos Wildfire

Kirielis

07-20-2012

^^if you put her bot lane, it has to be a kill lane or she has to be the csing partner, because 0cs Karma just kind of doesn't work. She'll go in any other place (top, mid, jungle) just fine, although Karma ganks are really rather odd creatures.