Experiment -- Players will now receive details about their Tribunal cases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

07-20-2012
1 of 63 Riot Posts

Hey Summoners,

Team Player Behavior & Justice (PB&J) would like to introduce a new experimental feature – the Reform Card.

From research on the psychology of learning, we know that the effectiveness of learning depends on variables such as the speed and clarity of the feedback loop. This feature addresses the clarity of feedback by providing users with a case file that gives additional details about why they were punished by the Tribunal. This feature will trickle out to users over the next week or two, so some bans may still receive a regular e-mail until we fully convert to the new system. Because it is new tech, we cannot retroactively give players Reform Cards! Attached below is a sample of the kind of details players will be able to see in the case file.

Players will be e-mailed a web URL that links to their Reform Cards and is shareable with the community; we want to encourage community discussion around behavior, however, web URLs do expire after a few weeks.

I’d also like to take this time to introduce two members of Team PB&J that worked on this feature: RiotNinjaTabby (Developer) and VonBurgermeister (UX Designer)! Please give them your feedback so we can continue experimenting with this feature.

Finally, please check out the Tribunal today [http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/] and cast a vote! We are doing our part to empower the players; we challenge the players to improve the community.

WARNING ::: The Reform Card below may have vulgar language.

Ipitydafool

07-20-2012

Hopefully this will severely cut down on the 'I didn't deserve this' forum topics. I'm excited. Thanks for the hard work Riot and especially you Lyte and your team of top men.

Kaylnaz

07-20-2012

only took about 3 years of the community asking for this and pendragon saying it never would

PriorityOne

07-20-2012

Wow, that image. People are insane.

I really hope this has a positive effect, but somehow I think people like that had a good idea what they were doing as they were doing it...

Meesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Awesome, hopefully this will reduce the crying threads

Professor Fancy

07-20-2012

I always thought that this seemed like the most efficient and intuitive way to do it.

mambawarrior

07-20-2012

Yay!

Ifridge

07-20-2012

thats actually pretty sweet

Edit: i dont think it will cut down on the "i didnt deserve it" threads, some people will inevitably question the logic of the tribunal

mambawarrior

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipitydafool View Post
Hopefully this will severely cut down on the 'I didn't deserve this' forum topics. I'm excited. Thanks for the hard work Riot and especially you Lyte.
Aw i kinda thought those were entertaining.
Especially the PENDRAKILL

levelonemage

07-20-2012

Nice. Hope it works out.