STEALTH REWORK (details) HERE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyufan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

lets see how good it can be

Seemenaked

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Jelly View Post
I bump for justice. I really am desperate to hear some of the justifications for the way Eve is currently implemented on the PBE. She is extremely difficult to use, and needs some quality of life adjustments. The rework is not a bust, but it has some severe issues that did not solve the problems evelynn had on HER end of the difficulty spectrum

I am relinking my post on the bottom of page 227, which then further leads back to the original thread in which I participated on the PBE server.

Please, any Rioters around, I really would like to have confirmation that my voice is being heard here. Even simple dismissals with simple reasons for the inadequacies of my design ideas would be much appreciated.

Here is the post on page 227.
Evelynn got nerfed because her and Twitch were wrecking pre-level 30 players. The changes were intended to keep stealth in check. It's no coincidence that turrets got a huge vision increase while Evelynn gets a stealth with huge holes in it and Twitch gets 4-8 seconds of stealth. Riot hates stealth because atm stealth has a rage mechanic that makes new players and ****ty players alike rage and quit the game. Losing players costs Riot money, so stealth is counter intuitive.

jhcrystalarrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-18-2012

Yay! It will be fun to try out these new moves because they look cool.

Hopefully this will come out soon

Ishoa

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorttallguy View Post
oh man. so you don't know what you're doing so you completely change the champ taking away the one thing people play her for!? we play her to be invisible, ESPECIALLY when close to enemies NOT EXCEPT when close. All she needed as a buff was a decent passive. that was it. she was fine. people who think she wasn't just don't know what they're doing. give her that ms speed stacking buff thing as her passive. done fixed. or even make her current passive work on neutral monsters. done fixed. or make her hate spike not take so much mana or give her more mana/mana regen. done fixed. make her passive to be she regens mana while in stealth. DONE FIXED. omg this is so easy its laughable. I could go on for days. maybe if you take peoples advice who actually care you wouldn't piss everyone off when you **** it up.

lmao i have to laugh at myself for getting so worked up over a video game but i can't help it. i care.
I cant even begin to describe how much I share your feelings. Anyone who thought eve was horrible right now didn't know how to play her. I mean I like the new skills, but if I had to trade for old skills with old stealth I would take it any day. Morello says that they wanted to take away the whole oracles shutting down eve when honestly it didn't if you played her well. The only real problem eve had was being a part of team fights from the start, but being a stealth assassin her gameplay in my opinion was some one who picked off people low on hp that tried to retreat from battle. (hunting or taking down squishies and retreating real fast). That was the fun and excitement of playing eve for me being able to get that kill pop back into stealth and make that reverse juke thru bushes and have people wondering where I went (say goodbye to those days since people can see you from almost double oracle range which makes 0 sense to me)

EDIT: not to say that i don't like the changes in her skills or that i feel she isn't going to be fun anymore. just some things that i thought was genuinely entertaining about her are going away. for no reason than "we feel that this type of stealth is bad"...whats the point of oracles if not to detect stealth.. that's the reason people buy it.. its pretty horrible to think oracles is just for detecting other people's wards and not a stealth champion now people don't even need oracles when u have a built in better version of the item for free. People didnt "have" to get oracles early in game just to deal with eve since she was low damage early game and for the most part was a glorified moving ward / extra gank damage that slowly grew into a serious threat mid to late game. That's the point of her skill set being somewhat weak because stealth was strong as it was, and I'd like to say most good eve players were fine with this. All she needed was a passive tweak and he would have been perfect. (new visuals woudla been nice too actually).

Abaddon159

07-18-2012

Way to many posts. and i dont think anyone is going to see this but is there going to be a legendary skin for eve? i would buy it strait away it if looks hot. Big ****, and not geeky star trek, but like a masocist girl, mabey chains? and a whip? just some cool legendary skin. I would def buy along with many others. Just a thought

Voodoo Jelly

07-18-2012

Quote:
I bump for justice. I really am desperate to hear some of the justifications for the way Eve is currently implemented on the PBE. She is extremely difficult to use, and needs some quality of life adjustments. The rework is not a bust, but it has some severe issues that did not solve the problems evelynn had on HER end of the difficulty spectrum

I am relinking my post on the bottom of page 227, which then further leads back to the original thread in which I participated on the PBE server.

Please, any Rioters around, I really would like to have confirmation that my voice is being heard here. Even simple dismissals with simple reasons for the inadequacies of my design ideas would be much appreciated.

Here is the post on page 227.
reposting for the current page. my response to someone who replied to me:

Quote:
Evelynn got nerfed because her and Twitch were wrecking pre-level 30 players. The changes were intended to keep stealth in check. It's no coincidence that turrets got a huge vision increase while Evelynn gets a stealth with huge holes in it and Twitch gets 4-8 seconds of stealth. Riot hates stealth because atm stealth has a rage mechanic that makes new players and ****ty players alike rage and quit the game. Losing players costs Riot money, so stealth is counter intuitive.
Right, that's why the discussion to which I previously linked was merely discussing "Quality Of Life" changes. I have absolutely no issue with how the stealth functions on a mechanical level, but I would like to see a Rioter give me or the people testing on the PBE forum some indications of a few of our more esoteric design ideas that might help her be able to more easily understand when and when not to actually engage on a target, given how the new stealth works.

n?g?yh

07-18-2012

Amazing

Voodoo Jelly

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTT Desertor View Post
Amazing
With regards to what? o_O

ShadowRumia

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seemenaked View Post
on a free game....heh but seriously dont make characters like them if you dont wand people to rage and quit. they are an intelligence check. and saldy too many fail it

Morello

Lead Designer

07-19-2012
54 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Right, that's why the discussion to which I previously linked was merely discussing "Quality Of Life" changes. I have absolutely no issue with how the stealth functions on a mechanical level, but I would like to see a Rioter give me or the people testing on the PBE forum some indications of a few of our more esoteric design ideas that might help her be able to more easily understand when and when not to actually engage on a target, given how the new stealth works.
Is this about the stealth bubble and eye "detection" stuff? This should be the pieces doing that job - are they not functioning correctly, or are you lacking vital information from them?