Quinn, The Elastic Wasteband (Support Champion)

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinspurch

07-18-2012

This is my 2nd attempt at creating a support champion. The first one I posted didn't get a good vybe from the community because it was a different kind of support, so here's to my next champion.
Edit: 1.24.13; 9900+ Views! Nice Nice good stuff :] You guys must like the idea? Woot Woot! Thank You all so much.
Edit: 1.12.14; YAY 33000+ views. This is unbelievable!
Edit: 2.8.13; Holy ****! 10000+ views within 2 weeks?! lol
Edit: 11.25.12;. Ive gotten a bit more feedback towards 2nd Ultimate. Might make it official, Who knows? :]
Sure hope a Rioter does. : ] Ive gotten a lot of feedback, thank you!
Edit: 1.12.14; 18 Upvotes! Thanks you for the Support! :] And the Thank You for your Feedback.
Edit: 10.28.12, New Lore is Updated. Thank you Summoner Moby.
Edit: Summoner behind the Lore: Moby the White
Edit: 1.12.14; Name change since ADC is named Quinn

Quote:
Lore:
Bandit City, home to riftraft of all kinds. Some would say you were lucky to live in Bandit City and not get mugged. Between marauders and yordles the city had become overrun by nuisances. Those fortunate enough in wealth were able to send their children elsewhere for their studies. Quinn, was luckily born into one of these fortunate families. His father worked for the Institute of War and was able to have Quinn accepted into any school that he pleased. Quinn, an aspiring chemist, sought after the ingenious teachings of Professor Stanwick to aid his progress towards a successful career in chemistry. It was with this in mind that Quinn chose to leave Bandit city and study in the north near Zaun under the direction of Professor Stanwick and his assistant Singed. Quinn excelled throughout all of his classes quickly progressing closer towards his goal. Professor Stanwick and his assistant Singed were impressed by Quinn's aptitude for chemical sciences, and decided to allow Quinn special access to the chemistry lab at the school any time he chose. A few years later Quinn graduated, but Singed and Professor Stanwick were no longer around, both fell victim to their hunger for power. Quinn became obsessed with the chemical effects on the human body after discovering the wonders they beheld for Singed and Professor Stanwick. Quinn wanted to discover a way to alter his own human body, not for power, but so that he could restore justice to the cities. Cities harmed by the evils of science, cities defenseless against bandits, marauders, and people hungry for power like Singed and Professor Stanwick. Quinn created potion after potion, and performed test after test to no avail until one day he finally made 3 potions that had succeeded in the testing phase and the results were fantastic.

Quinn took the three potions, mixed them together, and digested them for maximum effect. At first the potions seemed to do nothing, but once Quinn digested the third potion he unknowingly underwent genetic changes to his molecular structure. As Quinn went to put the empty vial back on the table his arm stretched farther than its normal limit. Quinn tested this newfound ability and found he could extend any portion of his body beyond its normal proportional limit. He had succeeded in altering his body and now he was going to use his new abilities to help defend his home.

"My power has no limits" Quinn upon gaining elasticity

Here are the Base Stats:

Quote:
Health: High
Physical Damage: Medium
Magic Damage: Low/None
Difficulty: Medium/High
Utility: Medium

Damage 50 (+3.5 / per level)
Health 435 (+86 / per level)
Mana 255 (+33 / per level)
Move Speed 315
Armor 16 (+3.8 / per level)
Spell Block 25 (+1.50 / per level)
Health Regen 7 (+0.75 / per level)
Mana Regen 8 (+0.65 / per level)
Quote:
Quinn is a Melee, Range, Pusher Support Champion, using his AoE crowd control abilities.Dealing primarily physical damage, He can help bring his ally's closer to a weakened foe, or pull his ally's back to safety. And keeping his enemies at bay, he ensures kills for the team by protecting primary targets from death.

Quinns Passive is Stretched Out! : Whenever he Quinn uses an ability a 3rd time, the range of his next ability will be significantly increased, deal bonus damage, and slow anyone in range.
Quote:
Q Stretch: Clap; Quinn briefly stretches his arms out at a cap, once he reaches that cap, his arms collide, dealing physical damage to anyone in his arms, if they are hit by his hands, they are stunned for a few seconds. This ability can be cc'd by any stun, snare, knockup, throw, taunt, suppress, push and can be escaped by Flash.

***Cost 55/65/75/85/95 Mana Range 850(Passive Increase to 1100) Cooldown 7 Seconds Duration of Stun 1.5 Seconds (Deals 80/140/200/260/320 (+0.30) physical damage)(Passive Bonus Damage (+0.30))***
Quote:
W Stretch: Pull n' Throw; Quinn takes hold of an ally or enemy champion, once grabbed he can either pull his ally/enemy to him or throw his ally/enemy away from him. If an ally is pulled or thrown, they gain a burst of movement speed for a few seconds. If he pulls or throws and enemy their movement speed is lowered, if the enemy is thrown at a wall they take damage and are momentarily dazed.
So yes its very similar to Syndras ability but as the dates would have it, i did make this thread BEFORE Syndra was presented to this community. Syndra was released 9/12/2012. Two months after my thread was made.

***Cost 60/70/80/90/100 Mana Range 700(Passive Increase to 950) Cooldown 10 Seconds Duration of Movement Speed Increase/Decrease 3.5 Seconds (Gain 50% Movement Speed Increase/Decrease) (Deals 70/120/170/220/270 (+0.2) Physical Damage)(Passive Bonus Damage (+0.20))***
Quote:
E Stretch: Duck and Cover; Quinn quickly stretches around an ally champion, gaining armor and magic resistance for a short time to both Quinn and his ally. While Duck and Cover is active, Quinn takes whatever damage is received and can use his abilities(EXCEPT The Ultimate) while he is shielding his ally. He may click the ability again to cancel the effect. Because he can use his abilities while shielded to an ally, my "balanced" thought would be to allow him to get CC'd IF the shielded ally is.

***Cost 60 Mana Range 800(Passive Increase to 950) Cooldown 20 Seconds Duration of Shield Per Level 4/6/8/10/12 Seconds Damage Taken 375 Damage Max (Gain 20/40/60/80/100 Armor & Magic Resist)***
Quote:
Quinns Ultimate is R Stretch: Flattened; Quinn stretches himself to a flat disc, dropping from the sky, dealing damage and stunning anyone who is in his radius. Enemy champions that are hit in his inner radius are stunned longer than those on the outer radius.

***Cost 100/150/200 Mana Range 5500(Passive Increase to 5700) Cooldown 160 Seconds ( A Pantheon Ult with a different Crowd-Control) Duration of Stun 1 second in the outer radius, 1.5/2/2.5 seconds in the inner radius. (Deals 250/300/350 (+0.50) Physical Damage)(Passive Bonus Damage (+0.50))***
I now like both ideas, but it would have to be up to the feedbackers and Rioters(If my concepts is recognized in the future) to decide which sounds and suits him better.
Quote:
ALternate Ultimate: R Stretch: Squeeze; Quinn leaps at a moderate range, stretches himself to form a giant rubberband. Enemy champions that are inside the ultimate are Squeezed right into each other and are stunned.

The ultimate is a cross between a Rubberband, Daruis "Apprehend" and Dianas "Moonfall". If you can i guess picture in your imagination of what that looks like.

Cost 100/150/200 Mana Range 1000(Passive Increase to 1200) Cooldown 160 Seconds ( A Malphite Ult with a different Crowd-Control) Duration of Stun 1.5/2/2.5 seconds . (Deals 250/300/350 (+0.50) Physical Damage)(Passive Bonus Damage (+0.50)
Somethings he might say in game:
Quote:
Joke: Its always good to streeeeeetch!
Taunt: Why do they always run? You'd think they would know by now that they cant get very far from me!"
Feel free to leave a comment and your Champion Concept and ill leave a thought. :]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elastic Waistband.jpg (20.5 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Quinn, The Elastic Wasteband.jpg (56.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Elastic Waistband2.jpg (55.7 KB, 52 views)

Oobdoolploobloop

07-18-2012

It seems like such a troll champion, but I like it! A variation on Stretch: Pull/Throw could be if you target a minion you can fling it for damage

Sinspurch

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobdoolploobloop View Post
It seems like such a troll champion, but I like it! A variation on Stretch: Pull/Throw could be if you target a minion you can fling it for damage
the ability is to help your allies against the enemy champions. It wouldnt be very helpful because, as far as i thought of it, this ability doesnt do any damage. ill work on it.

BlackJubilee

07-18-2012

I certainly like it, it has a brilliant uniqueness to it. With some work, I think it could certainly be a balanced champion.

I'd say for now, add numbers (damage, mana cost, cooldown, duration) to the skills and see what response is garnered.

Sinspurch

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJubilee View Post
I certainly like it, it has a brilliant uniqueness to it. With some work, I think it could certainly be a balanced champion.

I'd say for now, add numbers (damage, mana cost, cooldown, duration) to the skills and see what response is garnered.
Thanks And i just did add numbers damage, mana cost, cooldown, durations.

Sinspurch

07-22-2012

i think the pictures really captures the champion design :]

BlackJubilee

07-22-2012

Here, feel free to copy this into the original post, I need to organise it abit better sorry ^^;;

"This is my 2nd attempt at creating a support champion. The first one I posted didn't get a good vybe from the community because it was a different kind of support, so here's to my next champion.

Finally here are the Base Stats:

Quote:
Health: High
Physical Damage: Medium
Magic Damage: Low
Difficulty: Medium
Quote:
Damage 55 (+3.5 / per level)
Health 500 (+86 / per level)
Mana 255 (+33 / per level)
Move Speed 315
Armor 20 (+3.8 / per level)
Spell Block 25 (+1.50 / per level)
Health Regen 7 (+0.75 / per level)
Mana Regen 8 (+0.65 / per level)
Quote:

Overview:
Quinn is a Melee Support Champion, using his AoE crowd control abilities.Dealing primarily physical damage, He can help bring his ally's closer to a weakened foe, or pull his ally's back to safety. And keeping his enemies at bay, he ensures kills for the team by protecting primary targets from death.
Quote:
Passive:
Stretched Out! : Whenever he Quinn uses an ability a 3rd time, the range of his next ability will be significantly increased, deal more damage, and slow anyone in range.
Quote:
Stretch: Clap; Quinn briefly stretches his arms out at a cap, once he reaches that cap, his arms collide, dealing physical damage to anyone in his arms, if they are hit by his hands, they are stunned for a few seconds.

Damage: 80/140/200/260/320 (+0.50 x attack damage)
Mana Cost: 55/65/75/85/95
Range 850 (Passive Increase to 1100)
Cooldown: 7 Seconds
Stun duration: 1.5 Seconds
Quote:
Stretch: Pull/Throw; Quinn takes hold of an ally or enemy champion, once grabbed he can either pull his ally/enemy to him or throw his ally/enemy away from him. If an ally is pulled or thrown, they gain a burst of movement speed for a few seconds. If he pulls or throws and enemy their movement speed is lowered, if the enemy is thrown at a wall they take damage and are momentarily dazed.

Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+0.6 x attack damage)
Mana Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
Range 700 (Passive Increase to 950)
Cooldown: 10 Seconds
Bonus alteration duration (Gain 50% Movement Speed Increase/Decrease)
Quote:
Stretch: Duck and Cover; Quinn quickly stretches around an ally champion, gaining armor and magic resistance for a short time to both Quinn and his ally. While Duck and Cover is active, Quinn takes whatever damage is received and can use his abilities while he is shielding his ally.

Damage taken: 500 Damage Max (Gain 20/40/60/80/100 Armor & Magic Resist)***
Mana Cost: 60 Mana
Range 800 (Passive Increase to 950)
Cooldown: 20 Seconds
Shield duration: 12 Seconds
Quote:
Quinns Ultimate is Stretch: Flattened; Quinn stretches himself to a flat disc, dropping from the sky, dealing damage and stunning anyone who his in his radius. Enemy champions that are hit in his inner radius are stunned longer than those on the outer radius.

Damage: 200/300/400 (+1 x attack damage)
Mana Cost: 100/150/200 Mana
Range: (I havent decided if this should be a Shen/Pantheon Ult or a Maphite jump and smash Ult) Stun duration: 1 second in the outer radius, 1.5/2/2.5 seconds in the inner radius
Feel free to leave a comment. It helps to fix a concept that needs it.
Edit: Over 200 Views. Nice Nice good stuff :]"

But apart from me being totally intrusive, the damage on his alt might need to be checked.

Sinspurch

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJubilee View Post
Here, feel free to copy this into the original post, I need to organise it abit better sorry ^^;;

"This is my 2nd attempt at creating a support champion. The first one I posted didn't get a good vybe from the community because it was a different kind of support, so here's to my next champion.

Finally here are the Base Stats:

Feel free to leave a comment. It helps to fix a concept that needs it.
Edit: Over 200 Views. Nice Nice good stuff :]"

But apart from me being totally intrusive, the damage on his alt might need to be checked.
thanks for the input

Alchemax

07-24-2012

The ult doesn't really seem to match his other attacks and doesn't make since. Because something flat and light weight like him wont do much damage. A better ult in my opinion would be for him to spin in a circle rapidly and with his arm extended slapping enemies and pushing them back in the direction they came from dealing physical damage on the slap and less on the landing.

The pull throw might now work on allies because people could use it to greif. But pulling in enemy champs is a good idea and stunning them or like the other guy said throwing minions and dealing physical damage.

On Duck and Cover he shouldn't be able to use other abilities while on allies because that wouldn't make since.

Sinspurch

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemax View Post
The ult doesn't really seem to match his other attacks and doesn't make since. Because something flat and light weight like him wont do much damage. A better ult in my opinion would be for him to spin in a circle rapidly and with his arm extended slapping enemies and pushing them back in the direction they came from dealing physical damage on the slap and less on the landing.

The pull throw might now work on allies because people could use it to greif. But pulling in enemy champs is a good idea and stunning them or like the other guy said throwing minions and dealing physical damage.

On Duck and Cover he shouldn't be able to use other abilities while on allies because that wouldn't make since.
1st) The ultimate im my opinion is fine. Your adding physics to the equation when this is a Fantasy Game, any ult is possible. A Spinning ult would be just like Wukongs or Garens Judgement
2nd) I dont see why not Quinn can use his abilities, he is an ELASTIC WAISTBAND, Stretching is what he does so his upper body would be in front of his shielded ally.
3rd) Thanks for your comments. :]

1234511 ... 15