"Simple" and "Easy" aren't the same thing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyladrine

07-18-2012

Since you can make millions of dollars playing League of Legends - if the game is so easy - why don't the people who say it is easy go win those millions of dollars that are just laying there ready for them to take it!?

Also, LOL is far more balanced than DotA. LOL has over 70 champions that are banned or picked per tournament, where DotA has less than 30 viable competitive characters that are picked.

GG~

Cawk Lover

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poopster View Post
LoL is super easy-mode compared to dota, and its not just burden of knowledge. In Dota heroes actually have a resource called mana, which adds an element of skill, there's also creep deny, minions do more damage, sprees provide more gold, there's gold loss upon death, buy backs, jungling can't be done by every hero. Carry heroes are actually bad early and strong late game. Most items have actives. Supports are actually really usual in fights too. It's not just burden of knowledge. Having said that, league does a much better job of balancing heroes and making the game easy for new heroes to pick up, hence its massive popularity. There's no problem with admitting league of legends is an easy game, making it easy was riot's full intention from the start.
So, your points are very bad here for DOTA, I assume you don't play league very much. I agree that DOTA is a good game and is harder to learn. That being said, MOST champs in league have some sort of cost on their abilities. They dont take half your mana, but it might take a fourth or so, thats because lane harassing is a key part of the game. I never have any problems with creep deny in DOTA, but I actually prefer it not to be there. Since league is all about balance, sprees don't give you more money because you'd spiral too hard and because of that, theres no gold loss on death. Which balances that out. Jungling can be dont by any character maybe, but they cant do it well by any means. There's a reason only certain junglers are seen in competitive. Supports not useful enough in LoL for you? That's actually a ****ing joke in itself. Supports are one of the MOST useful characters out there. Usually supports have insane CC and can function on little amounts of creep. Yes league is easier, one of the main reasons it's easier also is because its so well balanced and so well made. DOTA isnt as popular because its so unbalanced, you cant pick up just any champ and play. Or someone will take an OP champ and crush you. In LoL, barely any champs are considered "OP". If they are, Riot fixes them with a patch.

Cawk Lover

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Long View Post
Stopped playing like a month ago or whenever. Check my profile.

I just think it's a shame that this game is so poorly balanced and mismanaged. What's worse is that a lot of LoL'ers think this is the superior experience when they can't be bothered to just learn DotA 2.

It's not that LoL is completely without merit, it's that DotA 2 is still better regardless. I have no problem if people stay and play this if they discover they can't hack it in DotA 2, but the point is they should try it for more than two or three games.

I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised, enough that they'll wonder why LoL isn't as high quality despite being bigger than WoW.
Game's don't get popular because they're bad. It's an amazing game, but you're entitled to your opinion. Also, this game is balanced way better than I think you understand. DOTA's balance is actually way worse than this game. Don't get me wrong, DOTA is still insanely fun, but your arguments here are flawed.

Averdrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingFrostbite View Post
O_o The point of this thread isn't that LoL is harder then DotA, its that even though it isn't harder it doesn't make it easy.
Ok, but compared to that which a dota player is used to LoL is easy.
If someone is used to something difficult the when things become slightly easier they see it as easy.

RaffyLaffyTaffy

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyladrine View Post
Also, LOL is far more balanced than DotA. LOL has over 70 champions that are banned or picked per tournament, where DotA has less than 30 viable competitive characters that are picked.

GG~
I'd like to see the actual data please? Where are you getting these numbers?

Edit: I don't understand the negative votes. I'm not on either side. I'm just asking where he got those numbers. D=

Averdrian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

Quote:
Since you can make millions of dollars playing League of Legends - if the game is so easy - why don't the people who say it is easy go win those millions of dollars that are just laying there ready for them to take it!?

GG~
Because Dota Champs/hero are much harder to master at least most of the time (specifically at high levels), only a few are used. if you look at public games most characters are used pretty much equally.

Zantrex

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashiroth View Post
Simple and easy is very similar really. At least from my perspective, DOTA took me considerably longer to get good at.

LoL is not easy to get lets say, gold rating, but its easy to get to 800 rating, at least thats from my standpoint, it depends on your rating and such.

But as a game I find LoL simple and easy, but i dont care, i love the game because its simple.
I think that is the point of LoL, easy to get 800, but hard to get 1800s.

Kyladrine

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnteUP View Post
Because Dota Champs/hero are much harder to master at least most of the time (specifically at high levels), only a few are used. if you look at public games most characters are used pretty much equally.
That is hilarious that you can actually say that with a straight face.

WolfieBlackheart

07-18-2012

Quote:

GG~
Debate technique #9: When you can't make an actual point, just lie!

The Poopster

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingFrostbite View Post
....Did you just say League champs don't use mana?
Many of them don't have mana , and the for the ones that do there mana cost are so insignificant it doesn't constrain there ability usage(see darius).