WCG North American Championship

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faeces

09-02-2010

"Counter Logic Gaming and HawkshotGG " no offence but wasn't it HotshotGG not HawkshotGG lol ?

Altámbo

09-02-2010

May the best Summoners win

Llamafarmer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeces View Post
"Counter Logic Gaming and HawkshotGG " no offence but wasn't it HotshotGG not HawkshotGG lol ?
Hotshotgg is a member of Counter Logic Gaming.
HawkshotGG is the team name made by some other people in a play on hotshots name... there is many

Phanman

09-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizbot View Post
So are these guys currently playing with the bug that causes the blue cannon minions to have reduced damage from towers, and the purple ones do not?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=229993&page=4

Seems like with players this skilled and closely matched, an imbalance like this could really affect the outcome, and the competitive nature of the tournament.
They claim this will be fixed in the next patch, which I hope would be out before the finals. Otherwise if I was either team, I would protest it and delay the match.

Fail4Win

09-02-2010

Make a photo of HotshotGG :3

Aaeru Sibylla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2010

Just in case anyone was wondering:

Quote:
Thanks for your interest in World Cyber Games. The WCG Grand Final will
be open to the public and tickets will be sold via www.wcg.com very
soon. Please check back for your opportunity to purchase tickets in
advance. The WCG Grand Final is going to be an amazing event and we hope
to see you there.
National Finals are free, Grand Finals are not.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

09-02-2010
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing08 View Post
Is it free to get in? I just wanna attend the event but dont wanna spend 50 bucks for the Universal Studio ticket.
The event is open to the public and does not require a Universal Studios pass.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

09-02-2010
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCow View Post
Wow...pro dotastyle gaming has a long way to go. Those prizes are lol (pun intended) ;/
League of Legends has the 2nd highest prize purse at the US final after Counter-Strike, which is $5000 for first and $2500 for 2nd. That's if you don't count the hardware prizing from Samsung ($3000 total)

I understand that that may not be a lot of money for those of you who are gainfully employed, but it's completely in line with competitive gaming prizes and this event.

I find your comment to be both ignorant and disrespectful of Samsung & WCG, who are both excited to start a partnership with League of Legends.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

09-02-2010
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickd View Post
why didnt EU get the same?
Samsung graciously helped out with the US event since there was a live final. Please don't turn this into a "why didn't x get x."

We are working hard to gather support for events in all countries, but there are always good reasons as to why x gets x and y gets y.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

09-02-2010
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddoad View Post
Assuming this is 5v5 play.. 2000 or even 1000 is actually pretty low considering... 200 to just 400.. Yeah for a weekend of playing video games and getting shipped cross country sure thats cool, but there are still expenses even when trying to do things free.. Just saying.. meh

Awesome congrats to the teams though I will be watching the stream!!
The teams have all of their accomodations booked and paid. They don't have to do a thing