I just got banned a few mins ago :(

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFilz

07-18-2012

Bump, god I love this community.

Thats unhealthy

07-18-2012

I'm not sure what Pendragon is going to do, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be what I do as Brand to the poor Teemo who decided to lane against me.

meheal

07-18-2012

agreed

Philanthropist

07-18-2012

Is.. Is this when we start chanting for Pendrakills?

Every time Pendragon posts and does something in relation to community bans I feel like he is conducting a psychology experiment with Lyte or something. It makes me uncomfortable that he seems to be encouraging the 'bloodlust' for user's bans, which seems counter intuitive to his stated mission, which is to have a positive community

I feel like these pendrakills are this weird 'Saw' game, where everytime we have one the community is being tested or something. Why is it that after every Pendrakill I feel so uncomfortable o.o

Is he trying to get us to be 'Champions of Good Behaviour?' by stirring up ban fervour in an effort to get us to recognize malicious players?
Or is he trying to promote the 'Tribunal Effect', where we stop and reflect on our own bad behaviour after seeing some of the worst of the worst of the community?

iScreamMan

07-18-2012

I'm guessing he was mad he didn't get his role and said he would random and troll or something blah blah blah. I highly doubt it's bannable to choose random, but the way you go about it most definitely is.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

07-18-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Here's my version:

Ranked solo queue ~1470 elo.

Last pick, his desired roles are taken, hard-randoms to force a dodge, gets gangplank, picks smite/flash (already had a jungler).Has a history of similar behavior, has a pending Tribunal case. I decided to speed up the justice process.

Quote:
Every time Pendragon posts and does something in relation to community bans I feel like he is conducting a psychology experiment with Lyte or something. It makes me uncomfortable that he seems to be encouraging the 'bloodlust' for user's bans, which seems counter intuitive to his stated mission, which is to have a positive community
I don't want bloodlust, but I definitely want people to feel ownership over the health of the community. There are people who don't belong here, who don't fit in with the community's ideals and desire to have some semblance of sportsmanship and positivity in their games.

If this guy can't see that what he does makes the community worse, I'm perfectly fine without him, and nobody else should tolerate this type of toxic behavior either.

TheUnburned

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philanthropist View Post

Every time Pendragon posts and does something in relation to community bans I feel like he is conduction a psychology experiment with Lyte or something. It makes me uncomfortable that he seems to be encouraging the 'bloodlust' for user's bans, which seems counter intuitive to his stated mission, which is to have a positive community

I feel like these pendrakills are this weird 'Saw' game, where everytime we have one the community is being tested or something. Why is it that after every Pendrakill I feel so uncomfortable o.o

Is he trying to get us to be 'Champions of Good Behaviour?' by stirring up ban fervour in an effort to get us to recognize malicious players?
Or is he trying to promote the 'Tribunal Effect', where we stop and reflect on our own bad behaviour after seeing some of the worst of the worst of the community?
Or maybe we're just the equivalent of Romans cheering in the Colliseum as the lion closes in on a warrior bearing his shield.

AIM7Sparrow

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
They should remove the Random button from ranked, if it's a bannable offense

they should remove you from the game if you so blindly believe that the community lead would abuse his power like this after proving his fair judgement countless times to the public.

it's pretty obvious he didn't get suspended for picking random but because he was upset about something (seeing as how he was last slot my bet is that he didn't want to support) and decided to retaliate and "punish" the other players by picking random with the intention of ruining the game for them.

3 days was generous.

EDIT: ninja'd, and I was spot on.

Mirror

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Here's my version:

Ranked solo queue ~1470 elo.

Last pick, his desired roles are taken, hard-randoms to force a dodge, gets gangplank, picks smite/flash (already had a jungler).Has a history of similar behavior, has a pending Tribunal case. I decided to speed up the justice process.
That makes more sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIM7Sparrow View Post
they should remove you from the game
wow, please don't be so angry

Thats unhealthy

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philanthropist View Post

No, I think he just owns people who call him out for no reason over their justified bans.