@Riot, @GD: Let's Talk About Xerath.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Traoborn

07-16-2012

Bump

Jellociraptor

07-16-2012

Nudge

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloelloello View Post
Nudge
Lol

donkrx

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Urgh. I really hope that doesn't go live.
Yeah, but I think they'll do what they said... it will be pretty obvious if they dont.

From now on I'm just gonna check daily if there are any new patches for PBE, but we probably won't see anything until closer to the real patch (if even then).

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkrx View Post
Yeah, but I think they'll do what they said... it will be pretty obvious if they dont.
No doubt.

Just for the hell of it I went and tested his current ult in a custom on Live, and sure enough, the second ult would hit just as the stun from the first ult expired. The third ult was hard to hit even against a dumb bot.

That gives me a good baseline to see if the next patch makes a big improvement.

Phil Nye

07-16-2012

Bump for a better tomorrow

^ by the way, the champ who uses that quote is insanely fun, there's some ridiculous quirky ability combos I've tried. One is that you can use hyper charge, transform into hammer, and get x3 quick melee attacks and the bonus attack from switching, which proc things like mallet/trinity better, although it's mostly gimmicky.

Back on topic, crossing my fingers for Xerath.

WarlordAlpha

Recruiter

07-17-2012

Bumpage

Phil Nye

07-17-2012

bump

pikachuwei

07-17-2012

bump

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

07-17-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

I checked this again this afternoon to be absolutely sure due to some of the comments in response to the PBE (the first version that went out to PBE was a tad slow it turns out) and can confirm again that next patch will have the original timing from button press to impact (I frame by framed each version pre and post patch to be totally certain).

The only difference is the visual green indicator ring appearing slightly earlier and the explosion matching when the damage is actually applied. I realize the timing of the barrages and casting etc can be a bit confusing because the numbers I listed assume a number of perfect conditions that won't happen in a realistic setting but I am confirming again the timing next patch is the same as pre-Draven just with the visual effects appearing slightly earlier.