New Font

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Espon

11-11-2009

With the recent patch and changes to font, I find it very difficult to read some of the text, particularly your stats in the lower left corner. Could we maybe get the text size increased or the font changed?

Rayven

UX Designer

11-11-2009
1 of 4 Riot Posts

In the HUD the font hasn't changed. We will be increasing font size there eventually though.

In PVP.net, we will be doing a legibility pass very soon to remove bold and increase font size in some places.

recursive

11-12-2009

The font didn't need any changes. Looked professional before. Now it looks kind of bootleg. Why do you guys have to change what isn't a problem?

Rayven

UX Designer

11-12-2009
2 of 4 Riot Posts

The old font was all caps.

Jazzminkey

11-12-2009

Pirating fonts eh?

It's okay, I pirated this game

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2009

The new font hurts my eyes. Please add an option to scale or just make it bigger.

Rayven

UX Designer

11-12-2009
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Like I said, we will be adjusting size and other properties to make it more legible.

One way you can help is to call out specific instances where you feel the font is too small.

Thanks!

Haljegh

11-13-2009

Character Attributes on the In-Game HUD are hard to read. Very tiny. Can only read them after hovering over them.

Hero names are also very small on the loading screen. I've learned most of them by picture now, but for new players it would be nice to know that you're playing against Trynd instead of "That guy with the sword".

Screenies demonstrate both poor uses of font.

KingsRight

11-16-2009

Yeah i totally agree. i can't read jack in game. the PVP.net adobe air window where you chat and stuff before game is decent in most of the places. there is a few instantces there too though. but it's managable.

but as for in-game.. i can barely play the game. ii am guessing all the time at what does what cuz i can't read their descriptions. It needs to be no smaller than like size 10-12 font in microsoft word.
size 8 i can't read.

warcraft3 already uses the smallest font that i can comfortably read most of the time. barely within that range.

so just correct it everywhere that the size is smaller than that.
i'd like to know what my spells do.. and what my items do, and what people are saying in chat.

Andrewsm

11-16-2009

whats wrong with all caps?
YOU GUYS HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH THIS