How do you deal with alister level 2 Ganks?

First Riot Post
123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
So you're saying you went from full hp to no hp, you have armor runes, you were not overextended, and Alistar and his teammate still killed you without dying under your tower?

I don't buy it.. you were probably over extended.
or had taken damage previously
but anyways to OP you want to bait ground slam with your flash


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawnPal

Member

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
So you're saying you went from full hp to no hp, you have armor runes, you were not overextended, and Alistar and his teammate still killed you without dying under your tower?

I don't buy it.. you were probably over extended.
Thats pretty much how alister ganks after he hit 6. He dives you under the tower


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grandlich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

07-16-2012

Cleanse and Flash.

I tend to use both of these summoner spells with Vlad as it gives me a little more freedom against the CC. This way you have several additional combos for escape.

I am sure there are better combinations for summoner spells, however, if its the CC that is giving you grief, i would suggest trying it. I know if you do get caught in the lux stun while she is warming up that omega blast of doom, this has saved me a few times.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotTiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

07-16-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

When you see the enemy has a jungle Alistar, you can be almost positive that he's going to be looking to gank somebody at level 2 - usually right after blue. The two lanes surrounding the enemy blue buff are at risk of a level 2 gank - be ready for it! Take an escape ability at level 1, have someone ward the river outside the enemy blue, and play extremely cautiously until Alistar shows his face. Give up a few CS and let that early poke trade go - I'd pay 100 gold to avoid first blood for the enemy team.

Alistar's jungle strength is in his insanely powerful ganks, but he's only a so-so farmer. Preventing him from ganking by cautious play or aggressive warding will set him behind, preventing him from getting his early GP10 items, and making him fall behind and become less of a teamfight threat (he isn't so scary if you can kill him really fast).

As an aside: Cleanse doesn't affect knockups/knockbacks, so it'll be nice against Lux's snare but useless against Alistar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
When you see the enemy has a jungle Alistar, you can be almost positive that he's going to be looking to gank somebody at level 2 - usually right after blue. The two lanes surrounding the enemy blue buff are at risk of a level 2 gank - be ready for it! Take an escape ability at level 1, have someone ward the river outside the enemy blue, and play extremely cautiously until Alistar shows his face. Give up a few CS and let that early poke trade go - I'd pay 100 gold to avoid first blood for the enemy team.

Alistar's jungle strength is in his insanely powerful ganks, but he's only a so-so farmer. Preventing him from ganking by cautious play or aggressive warding will set him behind, preventing him from getting his early GP10 items, and making him fall behind and become less of a teamfight threat (he isn't so scary if you can kill him really fast).

As an aside: Cleanse doesn't affect knockups/knockbacks, so it'll be nice against Lux's snare but useless against Alistar.
Hey Tiza,

I would like some advice against his ganks post-level 6. he just tower dives all day and tanks the hits for his allies. if tower hugging can't save my ass then i'm not sure how much more defensively i can play during the laning phase.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cheesy raccoon

Senior Member

07-16-2012

if your jungler is smart, he will go to your lane lvl 2 as well and counter gank the lane. ali jungle is really predictable and 2vs2 they cant do much. lvl 6? try to beat him before and ward the area so you see him early enough to react to him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Totaltotemic

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
Hey Tiza,

I would like some advice against his ganks post-level 6. he just tower dives all day and tanks the hits for his allies. if tower hugging can't save my ass then i'm not sure how much more defensively i can play during the laning phase.
Sometimes there's no way to survive if Alistar ganks properly post-6. To avoid this, your team needs to have all 4 of your jungle entrances warded, or at least the 2 to the top jungle. If you know where Alistar is, your jungler can intercept him, or you can do it yourself. Alistar's weakness is that he is a very poor duelist, so if you can force him into a fight on your terms instead of his, he will lose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ConquerOnline

Junior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
Hey Tiza,

I would like some advice against his ganks post-level 6. he just tower dives all day and tanks the hits for his allies. if tower hugging can't save my ass then i'm not sure how much more defensively i can play during the laning phase.

As soon as you see him coming you run to base, don't be scared to do so, so long as you are warding you should be fine, on the loading screen when you see Alistair jungle it can be a good idea to get a ward right away yes you lose money on pots, but you don't die right away, it's a trade off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amythist

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Alistar's jungle strength is in his insanely powerful ganks, but he's only a so-so farmer. Preventing him from ganking by cautious play or aggressive warding will set him behind, preventing him from getting his early GP10 items, and making him fall behind and become less of a teamfight threat (he isn't so scary if you can kill him really fast).
.
another addition to that is if you see alistar picked as a jungler in draft, counter with a good invader for your jungle spot to push him even further behind


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cuppy cakes mmh

Member

07-16-2012

Kk Noobs since your all so good Wat do when its a three vs two because he just doesn't leave... At that point you're too far behind to beat the other lane with or without your jungler.. you've lost.. why... Because he's too strong... Good Ali is impossible to beat as jungler.... Impossible.....


123