Stop calling Darius OP

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyPrettyPwny

07-15-2012

He doesn't have any sustain, and I suppose you could use an AP top to outlane him, so his laning isn't unstoppable. But that's not what people are complaining about.

It's his ult that is stupidly good, and allows him to build insanely tanky and STILL remain a ridiculous threat in teamfights.

Kind of like garen or xin when they first came out. Of course, there were people who said they were perfectly balanced, and everyone else can go L2P.

That didn't stop the nerf-bat, coming for them, and it won't save Darius. Just wait for it.

Etherimp

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPrettyPwny View Post
He doesn't have any sustain, and I suppose you could use an AP top to outlane him, so his laning isn't unstoppable. But that's not what people are complaining about.

It's his ult that is stupidly good, and allows him to build insanely tanky and STILL remain a ridiculous threat in teamfights.

Kind of like garen or xin when they first came out. Of course, there were people who said they were perfectly balanced, and everyone else can go L2P.

That didn't stop the nerf-bat, coming for them, and it won't save Darius. Just wait for it.
I just hope Riot doesn't make the mistake of nerfing the rest of his kit in order to compensate for his OP ultimate.

The Ultimate ITSELF, is not OP.. It's just the fact that it refreshes.. and the rest of Darius's kit is not OP, just the ultimate refreshing.. So if they go through and gimp the rest of his kit, it'll just make him a useless champion with a stupid ultimate.. Kind of like Tryndamere.

Hirumonogatari

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
I just hope Riot doesn't make the mistake of nerfing the rest of his kit in order to compensate for his OP ultimate.

The Ultimate ITSELF, is not OP.. It's just the fact that it refreshes.. and the rest of Darius's kit is not OP, just the ultimate refreshing.. So if they go through and gimp the rest of his kit, it'll just make him a useless champion with a stupid ultimate.. Kind of like Tryndamere.
my sentiments exactly. don't break a whole kit just for one wonky ultimate..

NO BORDER NP

07-15-2012

hes not OP. hes just to easy to play and extremely annoying. but u can counter easy with mord, yorick, teemo and singed pretty easy.

DrunkyPoo

07-15-2012

I had a game earlier where i had Tristana accompanied with Gragas against Draven and Darius And we rolled them so hard they surrended at 20 o.o

But also today i got a match where Maokai and a AP champ i forgot name , fed Darius 7 kills in 15 min most kills came from maokai at the end we had to surrender

So it depends what situation Darius faces he can be op or a weakling

Same with all champions really.

MyPrettyPwny

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkyPoo View Post
I had a game earlier where i had Tristana accompanied with Gragas against Draven and Darius And we rolled them so hard they surrended at 20 o.o

But also today i got a match where Maokai and a AP champ i forgot name , fed Darius 7 kills in 15 min most kills came from maokai at the end we had to surrender

So it depends what situation Darius faces he can be op or a weakling

Same with all champions really.
The issue isn't that he's UNBEATABLE - there really aren't that any champions that are unbeatable. Everyone has a weakness. Darius is vulnerable to kiting, and AP burst, since he's naturally squishy-ish and kinda slow.

The main point of contention, however, is that he

1 - Recovers from being shut down in lane very well, simply because of his ult. He can go 0/4/0 in lane, with barely a third of your CS. But when teamfights roll around, he's automatically a threat again, simply because of that ult.

So, unlike other bruisers/ AD carries, you can't really shut him down. You can only avoid feeding him.

2 - He can build tanky and still be a huge threat, or he can build AD and scale pretty well. Remember Garen in his original form? One of the original 'tanky-dps' that popped up, he managed to be able to stack sunfires to do both massive damage, and be VERY tanky. That was an issue, and now if garen wants to DO damage, he has to buy damage items.

I don't mind if he scales well with items, or if he can get away with a 'core' set of damage items and then build somewhat tanky. But being able to be tanky AND do large amounts of damage without paying for it just seems unfair.

3 - He has a good early game, good laning, and doesn't fall off late game like most other bruisers. You can't 'out-last' him, or 'wait for late-game, he'll fall off', since resistances don't work that well against him - you need large quantities of health.

4- To get the most out of his ult, Darius HAS to KS. If his team doesn't let him KS, then technically they're limiting his potential damage on his ult. Which is somewhat tricky, since it can lead to the situation where you starve your AD carry gold, thus weakening another member of your team. This point is somewhat subjective, however.

The rest of his kit makes sense - he's an AD bruiser that stacks a painful DOT on the enemy team, letting him punish people who wade into a crowded teamfight.

What does NOT make sense, and is thus 'unfair' or 'overpowered', is his ultimate dealing large amounts of scaling true damage, AND resetting on a kill, allowing him to deal huge amounts of damage whether or not he invests into damage items.

It's not so simple as 'Just focus darius, he'll die before he can ult' or 'Dont let him kill you'. He's simply overpowered as of now because he's really gets too much out of his ultimate without paying for it.

Etherimp

07-16-2012

1. No.. He doesn't really recover. He just builds tanky.

2. True.

3. He does fall off. In my experience he's the biggest threat in the early stages of the game, which is why I prefer jungling with him.. It also compensates for his shortcoming of having difficulty escaping from ganks.

4. He doesn't have to KS.. He can just stack 5 bleeds on a target then hit them with ulti and let teammates pick them off.

Wickian

07-16-2012

Remove the refresh on kill for a true damage ult. Problem solved.

DrunkyPoo

07-16-2012

Oh if its just about the ulti then either one of the 3 following will do.

1- Make it than it doesn't reset on kill
2- Give it a longer CD (sometimes darius Ulti too soon and it doesn't get them refresh cooldown)
3- Make it than Hemorrage doesn't increase his ulti dmg (best imo)

Hirumonogatari

07-16-2012

i think the refresh on kill should be removed period. imagine a veigar or karthus having a refresh on kill ult.

123456 ... 9