[Champion Concept] Gilford the Goldsmith

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Script Lord

07-14-2012

”I want all the gold this world has to offer.....even if I have to MAKE it myself! “

General:

Quote:
Race: Human
Affiliation: Zaun
Height: Average
Weight: Slightly portly

Lore:

Quote:
The city-state of Zaun has been the center of much magical and techmaturgical innovation – with such minds as Warwick, Viktor, and even Xavier Rath having paved the way for scientific and magical progress though whatever means available to them. However, one such mind had the brilliant notion of seeking to devise something that nobody else had. To create a device that could generate gold from nothing. Gilford sought out to do just that, not for utility or progress, but simply because he wanted nothing more than to be the wealthiest person on the planet.

So he designed a pair of gloves that were able to produce various constructs comprised of gold, though this was achieved through the absorption and solidification of ambient mana. He toiled for days and weeks, trying to perfect his inventions, but ultimately he found that his gloves were not only able to convert mana into gold-like constructs but they could also transmute various materials into that same gold-like substance. Over time his greed drove him deeper and further into madness until he came to the League of Legends to collect some “golden idols”….

Statistics:

Quote:
Type: Melee, Tank
Attack Range: 125
Attack Speed: 0.625 (+2.14%)
Attack Damage: 51 (+4.5) {127.5}
Health: 420 (+85) {1865}
Mana: 255 (+45) {1050}
Move speed: 315
Armor: 17.5 (+2.5) {60}
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.5) {55.5}
Health regen: 7.5 (+0.75) {20.25}
Mana regen: 5.0 (+0.45) {12.65}

Abilities:

Quote:
Attachment 491477
[Passive] El Dorado – For every ability that misses or is interrupted, Gilford gains gold equal to 10% of his maximum Mana

Attachment 491470
[Q] Andvari’s Gift – Gilford fires a projectile which, upon impact, marks the enemy with a gold ring above their head. The ring lasts for 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.50 seconds, granting vision on the opponent and slowing their movement by 10/12/14/16/18%., before exploding and causing 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.35) magic damage
Cost: 30/45/60/75/90 Mana
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Range: 625

Attachment 491473
[W] Golden Idol –

Passive

Gilford's Armor and Magic Resist increase by 5/15/25/35/45 and 9/18/27/36/45

Active

Gilford adorns a golden coat that deactivates his passive and absorbs 10/15/20/25/30% of damage he receives for 1.25/1.75/2.25/2.75/3.25 seconds.

Cost: 40/55/70/85/100 Mana
Cooldown: 15/13/11/9/7

Attachment 491476
[E] Gold Rush – Gilford slams his fist to the ground and causes a fissure that sends golden blades ripping upwards, dealing 50/80/110/140/170 (+0.5) magic damage to all enemies in its path and knocking them upward
Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 Mana
Cooldown: 14/12/10/8/6 seconds
Range: 650

Attachment 491471
[R] Midas Hand – Gilford hurls himself forward and upon coming into melee range of an enemy champion encases them in gold, dealing 125/150/200 (+0.75) magic damage and stunning the opponent for 1/1.5/2 seconds. The gold casing proceeds to erupt, causing 75/105/135 physical splash damage to surrounding enemies within short range.
Cost: 100/110/120 Mana
Cooldown: 150/130/110 secs
Range: 1000 (dash)/500 (shockwave)

Quotes:

Quote:
(Selection)
“Everything…will become GOLD!”

(Movement)
“Time to collect!”
“On the way.”
“I can’t wait!”
“Understood”
“Doing it!”

(Attack)
“Golden!”
“Turn to GOLD!”
“You can’t hide!”
“I want it all!”
“I’ll be adding you, too!”

(Taunt)
“I’ll make a golden trophy out of you!”
“Don’t worry, I won’t break you! (Laughter)”

(Joke)
“Silence is golden, you know!”

(Andvari’s Gift)
“Running won’t help!”
“Generosity killed the cat…”

(Golden Fleece)
“Stylish….yet golden!”
“You can’t hurt me, now!”

(Gold Rush)
“Not enough GOLD!”
“More gold! MORE!”

(Midas Hand)
“Now, become a TROPHY!”
“I’ve got the Golden Touch!”

(Death)
“Improbable!”

(Recall)
“I’ll collect soon…”

Animations:

Quote:
Auto attack – He delivers a left jab, or a right hook

Critical hit - He does a quick uppercut

Standing idle - He stands straight with his arms at his sides, his fingers wriggling anxiously

Taunt - He rubs his hands together menacingly

Joke - He brings a finger up to make a shushing gesture

Dance

Death – He staggers back and then grasps his head between his hands, turning to gold while falling back

Recall – He makes a disappointed finger-snap gesture

Script Lord

07-14-2012

Bump for input?

Script Lord

07-14-2012

Bump

Script Lord

07-14-2012

Bump for one more

Havoc202

07-14-2012

Passive : Very well thought out. 15% might be much for a passive.

Q: Kinda Like TF's Seeing ability but with damage added. Kinda like that

W: Not to bad. Depending on how much armor is built might want to trim off some off of the armor

E: I like it, Nothing wrong with it in my book

R : sounds balanced for the most part. I like it though

Overall : Very Intresting Character. One that I hope to see might catch some more attention.

I have my own character, If you wouldnt mind looking at mine:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1840566

Script Lord

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc202 View Post
Passive : Very well thought out. 15% might be much for a passive.

Q: Kinda Like TF's Seeing ability but with damage added. Kinda like that

W: Not to bad. Depending on how much armor is built might want to trim off some off of the armor

E: I like it, Nothing wrong with it in my book

R : sounds balanced for the most part. I like it though

Overall : Very Intresting Character. One that I hope to see might catch some more attention.

I have my own character, If you wouldnt mind looking at mine:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1840566
Made some changes, thoughts?

Quote:
[Passive] El Dorado – When Gilford lands a basic attack on an enemy champion, they are covered in a gold dust that reduces their movement speed by 10% for 3 seconds.

[W] Golden Fleece – Gilford adorns a golden coat that absorbs 6/10/14/18/22% of damage he receives for 1.25/1.75/2.25/2.75/3.25 seconds
Cost: 40/55/70/85/100
Cooldown: 15/13/11/9/7

Wulffe

07-15-2012

Although I can't be of much use, as I am very blunt about me being a herpdaderp when it comes to the numbers games on here, I would like to say that I very much like this champion concept as King Midas is one of my favorite Greek tragedies. I hope to see Gilford continue to shine!

IsTheFellowMad

07-15-2012

Your attribution for both Mage and Tank is pretty disturbing. A mage is another word for 'AP carry', meaning high magic damage, low defense. Tank is low damage, high defense. Which one is your champion? You can't have both.

Also, I'm not sure about what role is Gilford playing. His passive reduces movement speed, his Q gives sight, his W absorbs damage, his E reduces mana cost on other abilities, and his R damages and stuns. Really, there isn't much to work with here, hence I'm not sure what's new about this concept. The synergy is poor, since Gilford can unload his abilities in any order he wishes. His damage is too low for a mage, and it's very hard to tank as Gilford, since he doesn't have anything that makes enemies want him dead first. To be brutally honest, the concept is too generic and seem 'unfinished'. Consider what you want your champion to do, what role he's fitting in the League, and then change his abilities so that they work with his role. Right now, Gilford seems to be made without having a proper role to play.

Ask the Herald

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsTheFellowMad View Post
Your attribution for both Mage and Tank is pretty disturbing. A mage is another word for 'AP carry', meaning high magic damage, low defense. Tank is low damage, high defense. Which one is your champion? You can't have both.

Also, I'm not sure about what role is Gilford playing. His passive reduces movement speed, his Q gives sight, his W absorbs damage, his E reduces mana cost on other abilities, and his R damages and stuns. Really, there isn't much to work with here, hence I'm not sure what's new about this concept. The synergy is poor, since Gilford can unload his abilities in any order he wishes. His damage is too low for a mage, and it's very hard to tank as Gilford, since he doesn't have anything that makes enemies want him dead first. To be brutally honest, the concept is too generic and seem 'unfinished'. Consider what you want your champion to do, what role he's fitting in the League, and then change his abilities so that they work with his role. Right now, Gilford seems to be made without having a proper role to play.
This is my RP account, but I'm too lazy to switch back. Anyways, I honestly didn't care too much about the "role" Gilford would play. I came up with his concept (a champion that crafts constructs of gold and turns others to gold) first, then I came up with his lore and planned out his abilities with an advisor of sorts.

I initially intended him to be a tank what with his stats (which are average of a tanky champ's), his passive (movement reduction), and his W and R. And he's still a work in progress, so **** your senseless "He has no role hurdurdur" because you're not contributing. All you did in this post was point out flaws but offered no resolution.

If you don't have any constructive criticism then go away. I don't care if you've made a bunch of other (and in my personal opinion, uninspiring) champions.

n4l3m4g3

07-15-2012

Should have been a dwarf

12345 ... 7