Jax counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Michael Stronk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerz297 View Post
Both bad champs.

Thornamail is not that great I find omen to shut down way more damage and assuming he builds a vampire scepter = 450 then my thorn mail effect is worthless.

Here is last time I faced a jax I was solo so my ryze was feeding and darius wouldnt push turrets so I decided I should sell some mr to get a atmas and try to down the last turet when we win the fight but it did not turn out so good
http://i.imgur.com/KIqB3.jpg

They had 3 ignites so that was 1 issue tho
thornmail is terrible vs jax, considering he does damage both physically and magically, frozen heart at least slows his attack speed

Nervous Carrys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Olaf is ez or Jayce beats him

Only Bruisers

Recruiter

07-08-2012

i find that malphite does him in pretty good, of course malphite needs his team, but in a team fight malph can keep jax at bay pretty nicely

Mavrik V

07-09-2012

Thornmail is completely countered by 25% lifesteal if I recall the math post correctly. Most Jax players build Wriggles + Bilgewater Cutlass minimum; which means a baseline of 27% lifesteal (not including the 3% from offensive masteries that most Jax players also have, putting them at 30% lifesteal). Thormail is indeed quite worthless versus Jax, not even including the fact a good 35%+ of Jax's damage is magical anyway.

The only things that soft counter Jax is your standard outlaning, or stacking anti-attack speed debuffs, such as Malphite (or other champion abilities), as well as Randuin's Omen (or just Warden's Mail), Frozen Heart, or other forms of CC (obvious counters to any bruiser). He's a top of the food chain bruiser/carry, who jungles extremely well, and has innate hard CC to boot; he has no true counters, and to believe otherwise is pretty foolish.

Axil

07-09-2012

Malphite
Frozen heart
Maw

DeathWishez

07-10-2012

I shut him down with ww, it could be just luck that i dont play vs a good jax though, when i use jax i usually do well, but if they have a tanky champ than im screwed until im lv 18.

FloconDeMiel

07-10-2012

rofl at vlad counter jax. come on guys any good jax will stomp vlad.

DeadlySlicer

Recruiter

07-11-2012

Guys. Anyone play Nasus here? I know he's extremely kitable and bad early game and etc, but the Wither alone shuts Jax down easily. Plus with max CDR it's on a 6.6 sec CD. Then if he has Merc Treads your Q will hit like a truck, assuming you farmed it early.

Mavrik V

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySlicer View Post
Guys. Anyone play Nasus here? I know he's extremely kitable and bad early game and etc, but the Wither alone shuts Jax down easily. Plus with max CDR it's on a 6.6 sec CD. Then if he has Merc Treads your Q will hit like a truck, assuming you farmed it early.
How does Wither counter Jax in any way? Leap away and wait, if you get caught use Counter Strike. Nasus has done 0 damage in the meantime, and Wither has a much longer cooldown than anything Jax is working with. That's about the time when Nasus gets a piece of the champ.

Jillerati

07-13-2012

Vlad and Fizz can counter Jax well. If they have half a brain, the second they see that spinning lamp post, Vlad pools and Fizz hops away. About half of a hybrid Jax's damage is based on stunning and getting a least or two procs of his ult's passive added to his auto attacks. While it's not as hard of a counter as most champs have, it is the best I've seen thusfar. Also: In late game, Nasus destroys Jax if his q is farmed.

Edit: Strangely enough, Draven is a good counter. A well timed Stand Aside blocks Jax's Leap/Stun.