How to change the new combat text (size, color, etc)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Usara Dark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-11-2012

You need to go to 0.0.0.91 now, not 0.0.0.87


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1Balls Of Steel1

Junior Member

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usara Dark View Post
You need to go to 0.0.0.91 now, not 0.0.0.87
It still working?

I tried and fail :| I edited the files on 0.0.0.91


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xUTTOMBx

Junior Member

11-12-2012

Sigh I can't read English :'(
Could somebody kinda make a video and show how it works ?
pweeassee !!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BLaZE252

Junior Member

11-25-2012

Ok so I found the files but FontDescriptions.xml is in 0.0.0.107 and FonResolutions.xml is in 0.0.0.91 does it matter that they are in two completely different folders? Because I tried to follow the tutorial and my numbers just disappear.

EDIT: Ok I figured it out. This still works. I was not changing everything that needed to be changed.

Heres how to do it.

Follow all the steps, then make sure you change the numbers to however large you want like shown (this is in the font description file)

(( <Font Name="Heal" Type="RegularBold" Resolution="100_4_Auto" >
<Display Color="38,240,38,255" OutlineColor="35,35,35,255"/> ))

now in the FontResolutions, edit the numbers shown in bold

(( <FontResolution Name="100_4_Auto" AutoScale="true">
<locale Name="en_us">
<Resolution ScreenHeight="1080" FontSize="100" OutlineSize="4"/> ))

make sure you edit those numbers that are in bold, they all have to be the same for this to work, hope this helps

~BLaZE


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrPickleWhore

Master Recruiter

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLaZE252 View Post
Ok so I found the files but FontDescriptions.xml is in 0.0.0.107 and FonResolutions.xml is in 0.0.0.91 does it matter that they are in two completely different folders? Because I tried to follow the tutorial and my numbers just disappear.

EDIT: Ok I figured it out. This still works. I was not changing everything that needed to be changed.

Heres how to do it.

Follow all the steps, then make sure you change the numbers to however large you want like shown (this is in the font description file)

(( <Font Name="Heal" Type="RegularBold" Resolution="100_4_Auto" >
<Display Color="38,240,38,255" OutlineColor="35,35,35,255"/> ))

now in the FontResolutions, edit the numbers shown in bold

(( <FontResolution Name="100_4_Auto" AutoScale="true">
<locale Name="en_us">
<Resolution ScreenHeight="1080" FontSize="100" OutlineSize="4"/> ))

make sure you edit those numbers that are in bold, they all have to be the same for this to work, hope this helps

~BLaZE
So I followed what you did, and changed only the values that you wrote, but I still had problem, I openned up a custom match, and the game crashed and I got error o.o first time I ever experience this in league, (obviously not my pc)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cefias

Junior Member

12-28-2012

DISCLAIMER: I don't know a goddamn thing about coding and have about two hours experience with RAF Manager today but this seems to work.

It seems (to me) that this is actually an easier fix than the OP recommends. Most users looking to increase damage font size won't have to edit the FontDescriptions file, but will only have to use it as a reference for the fonts they want to increase in the corresponding FontResolutions code.

Example:

I want to increase the font of physical damage I deal by 50%. In RAFManager, navigate to 0.0.0.107/Data/CFG/defaults/FontDescriptions, right click, and click view as text file. Here we see the Font Name "PhysicalDamage" is referencing a resolution called of 25_3_Auto. In your text editor, open up the FontResolutions file you dumped from 0.0.0.91 and find 25_3_Auto. We find this:

<FontResolution Name="25_3_Auto" AutoScale="true">
<locale Name="en_us">
<Resolution ScreenHeight="1080" FontSize="24" OutlineSize="3"/>
</locale>
</FontResolution>

And we make the following changes only (in bold):

<FontResolution Name="25_3_Auto" AutoScale="true">
<locale Name="en_us">
<Resolution ScreenHeight="1080" FontSize="48" OutlineSize="6"/>
</locale>
</FontResolution>

That's it. The only reason you should edit FontDescriptions is if two types of text are being pulled from the same Resolution Type and you want to edit the size of one but not the other. For instance Gold and Enemy Physical and Magic Damage are all set to 19_1_Auto. I wanted the Damage fonts bigger but the Gold fonts to stay roughly the same, so I changed the FontSize and OutlineSize of 19_1_Auto in FontResolutions and redirected Gold to pull from 19_2_Auto in FontDescriptions. If you end up doing this, make sure you direct the new FontDescriptions file to 0.0.0.107 in RAF Manager and not the older version RAF Manager recommends (this instruction will make sense when you drag and drop the file).

Hope this helps, and a HUGE thank you to all the posters who have posted detailed instructions earlier in the thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cefias

Junior Member

12-28-2012

I was tired when I posted this. The OutlineSize of 6 should be a bold change in the example (you DO want to change the number) and I increased the font size by 100%, not 50%. Oops!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Complete Ganker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cefias View Post
I was tired when I posted this. The OutlineSize of 6 should be a bold change in the example (you DO want to change the number) and I increased the font size by 100%, not 50%. Oops!

Just testing this method now, will post back my results!

Worked like a charm.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

USC Zeratul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-10-2013

I changed the numbers like everyone was saying to above, and now my exp and gold are larger, but the damage text is completely gone
What did I do wrong?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProLemon

Junior Member

01-16-2013

I have a similar problem to P Style, except mine aren't gone they just haven't changed at all.