Ask Professor Doctor Lyte a question, and he may answer it on the new FAQ!

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

07-11-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

So many of you know by now, our Tribunal FAQ is ancient and contained many outdated information. Our beloved Professor Doctor Lyte, who is the game designer responsible for Tribunal (and many other cool systems), is in the process of drafting a new Tribunal FAQ with updated information.

Early next week I will meet up with Lyte to discuss some design related issues, it will also give me the opportunity to present him with a list of questions that the community is interested in. I cannot promise questions asked here will be answered in the new FAQ, but I am sure he will read the list very carefully.

So dear Tribunal community, please post your questions related to Tribunal. Please only post general questions that applies to a FAQ page.

Mirror

07-11-2012

"What happens if I vote 'wrong'?"

"Can I see which cases I got 'right'?"

"The case or game isn't loading. Wat do?"

"Can I judge more than 15 cases per day?"

"I haven't received an e-mail about my Tribunal rewards."

"Can I leave a comment as to why I voted the way I did? (Why not?)"

"Why can't I view the chat from Champion Select, or the post-game lobby?"

"What happens to people who vote at random to reap the Influence Points?"

"Should I Punish a player for going AFK or leaving the game? Is that LeaverBuster's job?"

"I see a case that has only one game. Should I come to a verdict based on just one game?"

"I see a case that has only one game. How does a summoner appear before the Tribunal with only one game to review?"

"I'm looking through a case, and I see other players doing offensive things. Can I report them through the Tribunal? (Why not?)"

"What if I see someone behaving in a way that violates the Terms of Use (making death threats, impersonating a Riot employee, etc.)?"

[Taken from some of the most common questions that hit the Tribunal forum. Brings the FAQ closer to a User's Guide, but I think they're important questions for people to know the answers to - partly so they can have a better picture of Riot's motives and good intentions with this system, and partly so they can stop asking.]

Khourey

07-11-2012

Is there any way to change the community for reporting everyone else if they ever do bad, it seems since I joined this game whenever a game goes sour everyone threatens to report each other, I understand the Tribunal will pardon the cases they see fit but it seems this community is hell bent on punishing a person if anything goes wrong with the game.

IS1879fbf8ece39275db4d9

07-11-2012

Are the tribunal cases really reviewed by riot before issuing a warning/ban?

Blackichan

07-11-2012

@Lyte

Does the tribunal have a way of sorting out the “troll reports” (Reports that are unjust) from players?

I have always been afraid of troll reports accelerating the tribunal’s justice process on an account when in reality you only had a few games that you may have been behaving unacceptably when the majority of games were acceptable. The tribunal would then show those few games that were unacceptable but the player should not have even shown up on the tribunal in the first place with such few actually toxic games. (There is a “line” of course!)

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

probably something along the lines of "what should I do with cases where the summoners are speaking in a language I don't understand?" should be included

theshim

07-11-2012

Awesome. Really glad to see this. A few things that come up every so often:

- What to do if you encounter someone who claims to be the "Tribunal Elite" or other such outlandish claims?

- What should you do if the chat is in language you don't understand?

- Can we get some more information on trends and numbers in the Tribunal? A lot of people come in worried about one game (or claim to have been banned for one game), it would help to have a number to give them rather than just "you don't get into Tribunal for one game etc." Maybe things like averages of total reports/reports over time and "spikes" it takes to get into the Tribunal (though I realize that's pretty sensitive information), or an average of how many reports a permabanned player has?

- Could we get a bit more info on how report weighting is handled?

Might think of more later.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

07-11-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshim View Post
Awesome. Really glad to see this. A few things that come up every so often:

- May be worth including a couple lines about "Tribunal Elite" and other such creatively deranged fellow

- A language you don't understand.

- Averages of total reports/reports over time and "spikes" it takes to get into the Tribunal (though I realize that's pretty sensitive information), maybe an average of how many reports a permabanned player has.

- A bit more info on how report weighting is handled.

Might think of more later.
Could you rewrite these in a question form? make my life easier when give him the list

MCerberus

07-11-2012

Explicitly stated, how much leniency should be granted to someone who was harassed and responded to it?

theshim

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Could you rewrite these in a question form? make my life easier when give him the list
Done and done! Really looking forward to this.

12345 ... 8