STEALTH REWORK (details) HERE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cathelwin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yes. This is in an upcoming patch
Isn't anything after today an "upcoming patch?"

Is this coming out next Tuesday? The next patch? 3 patches from now?

Gringo

07-10-2012

I love this. So many things left unanswered though, off topic things though.

Morello

Lead Designer

07-10-2012
5 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeprof View Post
My only question to this now is this:

With the change finally coming and almost here... will we see new stealth champions in the future who aren't like Teemo, Talon and the rest and have that perma stealth?
It's now back on the table as a possibility, though whether this is Eve-specific or not remains to be seen.

AmazoAndroid

07-10-2012

STEALTh REWORK is Finally here :^)

Dragull

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Evelynn ability remake overview

Like Morello said, Evelynn is keeping long-term stealth, making her the only champion currently in the game with such a mechanic. Evelynn’s entire concept – from design to theme to aesthetic – is built around the idea of stealth, and so it was important for us to find a way for persistent stealth to live in League of Legends via Eve.

The system we’ve chosen to implement for her new stealth mechanic is similar to what some of you might remember Xypherous talking about a while ago.

Eve’s new stealth

Eve’s passive is now Shadow Walk. From Level 1, Evelynn is stealthed, meaning she can only be seen by enemy champions within a relatively short range of her, or when she passes through true sight (e.g., Vision Wards). She becomes unstealthed whenever she enters combat and reenters stealth after a brief cooldown once out of combat.

That means Evelynn is still hard to pinpoint in terms of map position, and she retains the feel of roaming around and scouting out areas for her team. Her new ring of visibility also introduces some interesting gameplay opportunities for great Evelynn players. Through careful attention, Eve can strategically juke around enemies, carefully set up surprise engagements, and unlock all sorts of new options that will reward player skill.

However, opponents now have a small window of opportunity to react, since she becomes visible before she’s directly on top of them (rather, she’ll be closing in on them at the time of detection).

Eve’s new kit

Since Eve’s now slightly more detectable at close range, we’ve been able to give her a much more robust kit:

• We’ve enhanced Eve’s mobility: instead of just having a movement speed steroid on a long-cooldown ult, one of Eve’s new base abilities passively grants her stacking movement speed on spell hits, as well as an active sprint on a short cooldown. These effects can stack.
  • Hate Spike is getting a significantly longer range and the ability to hit more targets.
  • Eve’s getting a new ultimate -- a ranged AoE that damages and slows enemies while granting her some increased durability based on how successful she is at landing it.

Results

All in all, these changes make Evelynn a much more viable, flexible pick. She’s still a strong duelist and ganker thanks to her stealthy nature, enhanced mobility and high damage output. These new changes also give her some much-needed team fight presence.

We’ll be putting Eve up on the PBE for final testing and QA in the next content patch – look forward to her full kit details and feel free to give her some hands-on testing at that time.

Next up: Classick with the Twitch details.
Only 1 question: Are her base stats being buffed?

Because this is the only thing that is going to matter anyways. Right now, if she ganks you, you just killed her even 2v1.
If she decides to jungle, she is super slow, takes ton of damage and is easily counterjungled.
If she lane top she will get destroyed by ganks.
If she decides to go mid she is going to be harass so hard she won't be able to farm.

The only place for her is in the jungle. But right now her base mana, base armor and base atk damage are waaaaaay too low.
Edit: making her passive work in neutral minions would fix this I think.

epiikk

07-10-2012

sticky this ****

NOW.

also, FINALLY you guys get this **** out. FINALLY i can go back to playing my #1 favorite champ.

Goddess Din

07-10-2012

Yay I get to play Eve soon! :P

Morello

Lead Designer

07-10-2012
6 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo View Post
Glad you didn't remove Twitch's toxic gameplay.
I see what you did there.

NEXMaRin

07-10-2012

Well that's all fun, but when are champions like Xin Zhao getting buffed?

Evelynn has been waiting for a long time to get buffed, but let me remind everyone that when she had her stun (and was still OP), Xin Zhao already sucked in higher elo past 15 mins.

Nowadays he sucks in any elo past 10 mins.

I'm not saying what you did was bad Riot, it takes time and effort to come up with these ideas, but Xin has been waiting for far longer than Evelynn and Twitch (Twitch still being used as a C-ranked jungler in 1600s elo, unlike Xin who is a non-play rank in top, mid and jungle)

P.S.: I still support the attack speed scaling for his ult which I have listed here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post20225608

Hailfire Slush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

07-10-2012

Tweetch~?