[PSS Champion Concept] Kurogano, the Eighth Gate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kurogano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

Name: Kurogano

Title: The Eighth Gate

Attributes: Melee, Fighter, Assassin

Weapon: Unique Twin Dadao

Stats:
Health: 428(+85)
Heatlh Regen: 6.25(+0.7)
Energy: 200
Energy Regen: 50
Damage: 55.8(+3.2)
Attack Speed: 0.651(+3%)
Armor: 16(+3.7)
Magic Resist: 30(+1.25)
Movement Speed: 350
Range: 125

Abilities:
Passive:Inner Gates
Every time Kurogano kills a champion he gains a buff that last for 6 seconds. Every time Kurogano kills a minion he gains access to Shadow Lotus for 3.5 seconds

Shadow Lotus:
All Kurogano's attacks and abilities deal 12% less damage. That damage is then dealt as True Damage. In Addition his Attack speed increases by 17% for the duration, and Energy Regeneration increased by 10%.

Life Lotus(must have Shadow Lotus):
All Kurogano's attacks and abilities deal 24% less damage. That damage is then dealt as True Damage. In Addition his Attack speed increases by 34% for the duration, and Energy Regeneration increased by 20%. Removes Shadow Lotus when obtained.

Spirit Lotus(must have Life Lotus):
All Kurogano's attacks and abilities deal 36% less damage. That damage is then dealt as True Damage. In Addition his Attack speed increases by 51% for the duration, Energy Regeneration increased by 30%, and all enemies are revealed on the map. Removes Life Lotus when obtained.

Eternal Lotus(must have Spirit Lotus):
All Kurogano's attacks and abilities now deal 48% less damage. That damage is then dealt as True Damage. In addition his Attack speed increases by 68%, Energy Regeneration increased by 40%, all enemies are revealed on the map, and are stunned for 1 second after taking 5 attacks. Removes Spirit Lotus when obatained.

Q:Frontal Lotus
(Passive)
Description: Kurogano's Unlocks the first gate increasing his attack damage.
Buff: 8/9.5/11/12.5/14% Attack Damage

(Active)
Description: Kurogano's hit his target with an unrelenting force knocking them back. Should they hit a wall they are stunned, and Regains some of the energy cost. While this ability is on cooldown Kurogano loses the passive.
Damage: 35/60/85/110/135(+100% AD) physical damage
Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 Seconds
Cost: 50 Energy
Range: 125 units
Knock Back: 550 units
Stun: 0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9/1 Seconds
Cost Refund: 15/17/19/21/23 Energy

W:Burning Lotus (On hit)
Description: Kurogano focuses energy into his blades. When he strikes his opponent he releases his own energy into them cause them to take damage over time after the strike.
Damage: 10/13/16/19/22% (+1% per 20 AP) magic damage. (Current health.)
Cooldown: 14/13.5/13/12.5/12 Seconds
Cost: 67/64/61/58/55 Energy
Duration: 5 Seconds

E:Healing Lotus (Self Cast)
Description: Kurogano focuses his energy to heal himself.
Heal: 3/4/5/6/7% (+1% per 115 AP) per second
Cooldown: 25/22/19/16/13 Seconds
Cost: 20 + 11 Energy per second
Channel: 6 seconds

R(ultimate):Final Lotus
Description: Kurogano opens all eight inner gates. This gives him incredible, deadly, and destructive power. He is given several buffs "Eternal Lotus", "Final Lotus", "Lone Lotus", and "Burning Lotus".
Cooldown: 180/165/150 Seconds
Cost: 80/70/60 Energy
Duration: 10 Seconds

Eternal Lotus:
This effect now last and is active for the duration of Final lotus.

Final Lotus:
When Final Lotus disappears from Kurogano his health is reduced to 5/7/9% of his maximum health and has 0 energy. For the next 5 seconds he cannot regenerate energy or health. In addition his movement speed, attack speed, and attack damage are reduced by 55/50/45% and his armor and magic resistance are reduced by 60/50/40%.

Lone Lotus.
This target cannot be healed. In addition he cannot be targeted by friendly champions abilities, and is immune to the effects of Guardian Angel.

Burning Lotus.
This effect now last and is active for the duration of Final lotus, and the DoT stacks 4 times. (The current health is bases the damage on is based off what the first stake hits. The other strike just increase the percentage).

Recommended Items
Doran's Blade
Boots of Swiftness
Infinity's Edge
Phantom Dancer
Hextech Gunblade
Trinity Force

Lore:
When Kurogano was accepted at a delicate age for instruction in the noble, ancient traditions of Ionian swordsmanship, nobody could fathom that the bright-eyed lad would one day spearhead the greatest criminal conspiracy in the history of Valoran. Long before being inundated by malice and scheming, Kurogano's mind was little more than honor and devotion. Such a pure soul could not last long in the world of Runeterra, where at every corner foes reach from both light and darkness to cut down dreams and hopes, leaving the people with little more than a meager life. After traveling to the Institute of War from Ionia, fresh from his years of discipline as a swordsman, Kurogano spent almost three decades of his life as a summoner. Though a force to be reckoned with on the Fields of Justice, the man eventually reached the end of his potential, and for fifteen years his life was monotony.

What happened next is hardly fathomable to most people. Kurogano, deeply affected by the hopeless perpetual cycle of life as a summoner over the years, fell into depression. He knew that, for all the conflict and bloodshed the League of Legends averted and caused, little would happen. Truces would be made and broken, Demacia would always fight Noxus, and the Institute of War's long arms remained cooped up in the grand facility with little regard for the suffering that was life for the vast majority of the medieval populace. Kurogano decided that he wanted to shatter the monotony and desperation with an act that would never be forgotten, and so formed the coalition of rebellious summoners that would eventually be doomed as Abased. He first recruited Sophist, a wily scribe, who helped to bring others. At last, on the dawn of his revolution, Kurogano fatefully opened a myriad of gates to his own soul before an audience of his peers and used the power to usurp the Institute of War. And when he failed, Kurogano was punished the most severely for his discourse. Even as an Abased, though, the power of Kurogano's soul and his mystical Eight Gates strove to carve out his destiny from the world.

For good or ill, Kurogano has installed himself permanently on the annals of history, which leaves naught but the humbling river -his own soul- to cross and conquer.

Quotes:
Champion Selection
"Power is a double-edged sword summoner."

Attacking
"Let's finish this quickly."
"This is already over."
"They cannot hide from me."
"I know my purpose."
"The time is now."
"You are no match for me."

Moving
"In an instance."
"Already there."
"Power flows through me."
"Into battle."
"This is no challenge for me."
"They cannot run from me forever."
"Onward."
"My blades hunger."

Taunt
"It doesn't matter. Use whatever technique you like. However... Once I've said I'll kill you, your death is assured."
"If you require an opponent, I will fight you. If you want to taste the ground, feel free to attack me."

Joke
"My master taught me the sword, but I learned to drink on my own! "

Looks:
Attack
Standard Japanese Sword Technique

Death
Jams his blades into the ground kneels down on them as he dies

Movement Style
Blades seethed and moving in a way he could draw them quickly if need be.

Dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXTRh-oQC3Q

Members of the team that worked on this champion:
Kurogano (Original Idea/Cosmetics)
SohpistOfErebus (Lore)
Edasich (Cosmetics)
Blastaroth (Concept Art)
Xnot

Appearance

IThe0neAnd0nlyI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

wow nice im liking these ideas
Great Detail and all

Dave Straider

07-11-2012

No matter how I look at this, it seems like his ultimate completely screws him over.
If he were a champion, I would never hit the r key unless I was intentionally feeding. The duration is just way too short to be of any use, especially since the buff you get isn't that great.

Kurogano

07-12-2012

The buff is extremely great. You need a Triple kill at the least to activate the full extent of my passive. 48% of your total damage during the team fight you activate this in is true damage. You gain 68% increased attack speed and 40% energy Regen. In addition your burning lotus is active for the duration, and stacks 4 times each. That is a minimum of 88% of your targets maximum health over 5 seconds. Within that 10 second window (which is pretty standard for a team fight) you can get off a total of 25 attacks at max attack speed. You only need a total of 20 attacks or 2.0 attack speed to apply 4 stacks to each member of the enemy team.

Are you telling me that 88% true damage to the entire enemy team on top of his basic attack damage is not worth activating this ultimate?

It's a high risk high reward move. In the hands of a skilled player they will use it to dominate. In the hand of a bad player they will feed by not using it properly. This is how the game is intended to work. You need to master a champion to get everything you can with them.