Question about AD Carry Runes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Constiplaytion

07-09-2012

Hey guys, first post on forum here, thought I would make an entrance sometime.

Anyway, I was just wondering what rune setup would do well for an AD carry that can also work for Solotop/Jungle if necessary when I get to 20 until I decide to get some more pages. I'm a decent last hitter and harasser, but I seem to occasionally struggle without a Doran's Blade start. Here's what I came up with that might work:

9 Flat AD Marks
9 Flat Armor Seals
9 Flat Attack Speed Glyphs (exchange with MR/level?)
3 APen Quints

Should I switch my Marks and Quints (9 Flat APen Marks, 3 AD Quints), or go full on AD Marks and Quints? I want to piss off the enemy carry but also be able to farm somewhat easier if I go Boots/Cloth Armor+Pots instead of a Doran's.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot.

TeknoWizard

07-09-2012

I personally use:
9 Flat AD Marks- I do this because I believe it just gives you the best damage you can get out of marks. I tried AS Marks for a while. It worked fairly alright, though I wouldn't use them over Flat AD.
9 Flat Armor Seals- Best defense. I suppose that health per level *could* work, never tried it out though. You'd need a very good healer.
9 Scaling MR Glyphs- It gets some protection against those nasty AP carries that like to burst you down. AS marks might work, but I prefer getting some defense from my Glyphs.
3 Flat AD Quints- Again, best damage you can get, I think. Some of my friends use either ARpen Quints, and they swear by it as the best damage. I'm not sure, as I don't know all the maths behind armor pen. I suppose if you're really squishy, (Ezreal), you could try Flat Health Quints.

Constiplaytion

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
I personally use:
9 Flat AD Marks- I do this because I believe it just gives you the best damage you can get out of marks. I tried AS Marks for a while. It worked fairly alright, though I wouldn't use them over Flat AD.
9 Flat Armor Seals- Best defense. I suppose that health per level *could* work, never tried it out though. You'd need a very good healer.
9 Scaling MR Glyphs- It gets some protection against those nasty AP carries that like to burst you down. AS marks might work, but I prefer getting some defense from my Glyphs.
3 Flat AD Quints- Again, best damage you can get, I think. Some of my friends use either ARpen Quints, and they swear by it as the best damage. I'm not sure, as I don't know all the maths behind armor pen. I suppose if you're really squishy, (Ezreal), you could try Flat Health Quints.
Cool, thanks. I want to experiment a little with APen quints before I buy AD Quints.

Any further help would be appreciated.

MattyTheMadMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

amr pen is amazing for ad carrys!

RiotKTGoldwolf

Assistant Producer

07-09-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

In particular I think that 9 flat armor seals are never a bad investment. They can serve you well in top, in bottom as an AD carry, and even in the jungle!

zomg101

Recruiter

07-09-2012

A lot of top ELO players use AD marks along with quints, just because of the easier last hitting (occasionally there are "impossible" cs to get unless you have the AD).

DEFINITELY invest in flat armor seals, as they make jungling much, much easier. Also, they are useful for literally any champ.

Blues are more debatable, however the common opinion is MR (flat/per level).

Cuix

07-09-2012

Flat AD marks/quints
Best for last-hitting. Contrary to popular belief, these are not the highest-damage marks or quints for physical dps. Arpen do more damage, especially later on, to champions. However, flat AD helps early on with minions and jungle mobs, so they'll really serve you well when you decide to jungle or go top.

Flat Armor seals
Always always amazing. Great against the enemy AD bot, great against jungle mobs to keep you healthy, and great top for that oh-so-necessary survivability. Later on, if you play an AP top, you might change these up, but flat armor is glorious for almost everything.

MR/lvl glyphs
Too useful, again. Helps mitigate damage from the enemy support, helps bring down damage from the enemy AP when you gank as a jungler, and always helps a lot late game especially since most AP carries will snag sorc boots.

Movement Speed quints are also not a bad idea anywhere, but they're expensive and a bit trickier, since you might not stay as healthy without help from teammates.

Constiplaytion

07-09-2012

Thank you all very much, looks like I'm going Flat AD Marks/Quints, Flat Armor Seals, and MR/Level glyphs. See you all around