Leaver penalty.

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer8844 View Post
What if my team all agrees that it's OK to leave? Then I think RIOT is just overdueing it a bit
It's not up to your team. Even if there was an option, it shouldn't be up to the player to try to figure out if the person who wants to leave is just upset, or has an actual reason to leave (family emergency). Now they're stuck either letting people leave every time they want, or feeling guilty that they might have voted no to someone who said their <someone> had a <insert medical emergency>.

It isn't the player's job to referee the other players, it's their job to play the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YshadSuperSwag

Junior Member

04-30-2012

I make multiple account and leave games on purpose lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

randomthewitch

Junior Member

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobojoe05 View Post
Can you guys just tell me the leaver penalty levels and what it means on that level.
yeah sometimes i have bad connection and it makes me leave the game but its most of the time in the looby before the game starts is that bad to? i really never mean to leave a game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

laserbeams15

Junior Member

07-04-2012

I don't like this leaver penalty thing... why do we have to suffer for say, internet problems that sometimes happen but not always. This was the case for me when I had received my level 2 leaver penalty. I could not reconnect at all nor could I use anything else internet related. Does Riot even care about the reason or do they just mindlessly point fingers regardless of the reason for leaving. Isn't there a way to tell if someone has disconnected and cannot reconnect? I think disconnecting related problems should be reconsidered when giving out penalties. That's my two cents anyhow.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserbeams15 View Post
I don't like this leaver penalty thing... why do we have to suffer for say, internet problems that sometimes happen but not always. This was the case for me when I had received my level 2 leaver penalty. I could not reconnect at all nor could I use anything else internet related. Does Riot even care about the reason or do they just mindlessly point fingers regardless of the reason for leaving. Isn't there a way to tell if someone has disconnected and cannot reconnect? I think disconnecting related problems should be reconsidered when giving out penalties. That's my two cents anyhow.
If by 'mindlessly point' you mean 'place responsibility where it belongs,' then yes.

So you couldn't connect to the internet. Either your ISP is having issues (including those in transit, as it's your ISP's responsibility), or you're having hard/software issues. Well that's lame, but you expect Riot to just shrug and say 'too bad' to the other players in the game? Occasional issues happen, but when you show a pattern of leaving, the reason doesn't matter.

There might be a way to tell whether someone can or can't reconnect (did they hit 'quit?') However, it really doesn't matter, as when I pull my ethernet cable out, I can't connect either.

If Riot is having server issues, they issue a command that prevents all leaves from being counted against you (as well as some other things that aren't related to leaver-buster).

TL;DR: 'I don't like this thing I don't understand, therefore it must be wrong and the people that made it stupid and arrogant.'


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

Senior Member

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserbeams15 View Post
I don't like this leaver penalty thing... why do we have to suffer for say, internet problems that sometimes happen but not always. This was the case for me when I had received my level 2 leaver penalty. I could not reconnect at all nor could I use anything else internet related. Does Riot even care about the reason or do they just mindlessly point fingers regardless of the reason for leaving. Isn't there a way to tell if someone has disconnected and cannot reconnect? I think disconnecting related problems should be reconsidered when giving out penalties. That's my two cents anyhow.
I've had net issues for the last two weeks. I have left a total of only one game and still felt bad about it.

Because I don't want to be a **** and make other people suffer for my issues.

Your connection is your own problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrRomance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobojoe05 View Post
Does it also count when i'm dead for a period of time and i ctrl esc just to check something and then i come back just before i respawn?
You knew the answer to this your just one of those kids who asks obvious questions for no reason :I


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TÝbi View Post
You knew the answer to this your just one of those kids who asks obvious questions for no reason :I
And you're one of those kids that posts a useless response to a question from eight months ago.

Your point?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AFluffyImp

Member

07-08-2012

So, here's my story.

I've been playing for two weeks.

A few games I afk'd in because my wheelchair-bound and post-stroke mother needed my help. I'm not feeling guilty about this no matter what these over-privileged and unhampered "hardcores" think about it. The only reason I don't miss every game is because I have to basically ask her to predict what she thinks she'll need and get it for her. On WoW, my last game, I would have to afk probably every dungeon run. those're even shorter than LoL games. I didn't get reported for it because it isn't a bannable offense there...where people are sane and understanding and in the same boat a lot of the time.

A few games I've lost to complete disconnects - that is, it takes me all the way back to the login screen.

Another few I've afk'd due to these disconnects, able to come back within 5 minutes.

Recently I had to leave a game as soon as it began because my smoke alarm went off. It turns out an outlet went boom and took half my house with it. I barely made it out with the dog.

I'm staying with a family member right now, who never uses their laptop and said I could. I go through the long download for LoL and am using it to kill time until we figure out where the hell we're going to go. I log in and see a leaver's penalty, so I google it and this is what I find.

Knowing what it is...it's so stupid I literally laughed aloud. Seeing the attitude of the people replying just makes me sad. This is the most tiring insult in the nerd handbook, but it's the only one that fits this situation : go get a life..And to LoL? How about you research some other multiplayers.

I played RuneScape, WoW, Minecraft, Rift...I've never had offenses. Ever. I like people in general, I try to make as many friends and allies as possible. I try to joke and learn and teach. I'm proud of my type of gamer, who make up for the ragequitters and ubertrolls, and know for a fact that if you ban me for things beyond my control, you frankly do not deserve me.

My mother always says the only thing a consumer can do is boycott. Tying yourself a tree doesn't do anything. So if they ban me, I'm going to quit too.

That's two people on this little thread alone who've decided that...Gee, I wonder how many of us there are out there?

"unique problem" my rear.

P.S. The disconnects? DNS issues. Entirely company-side, nothing to do with me. Customer service has said so themselves, the twenty times my mother screamed at them for interrupting Netflix. Just for clarification.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-08-2012

So you have a sob story, that sucks. I do feel for people in the situation like that, but it doesn't change anything.

1) You're comparing LoL to games like Minecraft, Runescape, and WoW, but they're nothing alike. The first two are completely independent. So you dc in Minecraft or Runescape, that doesn't affect anyone. You dc in a WoW dungeon, worst case you wipe and lose a few minutes of work, and have a few gold added onto your repair bill. You can always get kicked and easily replaced too. You dc in LoL though, and a 30-50 minute game is now heavily skewed against your team. Certainly it isn't the end of the world, but it saps the fun from the game, and isn't that why we play games in the first place, for the fun?

2) You're implying that those who take the game seriously have no lives, when in fact more often than not the opposite is true. Those who have lives have less time for games, and you leaving one of their games might ruin their only game of the day/week. When I can play for a stretch of time and I have a leaver, it sucks, but I move on and play another game. When someone leaves the only game I can squeeze in between 60 hours of work over four days, that definitely irks me a lot more.

3) You say the most tiring thing in the 'nerd handbook,' but it's typically something people who aren't nerds, but like the things nerds like (i.e., games), and don't understand nerds at all say. Or closet nerds, whatever you want to call them, people who see themselves as superior to every random person they meet on the internet. You expect people to believe your story at face value, but are then putting everyone else into a neat little box read 'stupid people who I don't want to have to deal with.'

4) If you want to quit because you get suspended, then do so. Considering the system was only put into place because the vast, vast majority of the player base demanded it, I'm pretty sure your 'protest' won't do anything.

Not even going to touch the P.S., too many false implications.


1234567 ... 9