New ELO point system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Light M37

07-07-2012

This would make playing as a supportive tank like Shen much more difficult... Sure, I still have to avoid dying, but I still have to use my ult to save teammates in situations that can go either way.

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

I enjoy the fact that i am getting feed back for my idea to help the system. But i find it sad that most of you are so close minded. While yes it is a tower defense game, at 45 minutes when the towers become useless because the tanks have so much armor and health. So it is not JUST a tower defense game. I also find it funny that people feel that it would make people resort to KSing when i have implemented a cap as well as assists grants some ELO. I created this system not to support trolls and KSers but to help better players find their proper rating and bad players to fall to the depths of ELO hell. So while you may Ulti and get a kill from someone, that person is still getting bonus ELO for the assist! They are gaining only 0.15 less ELO if they do not land the killing blow. While it can add up to a lot, it still is going to cap off... Also it was pointed out that some people "suicide" and others think that all strategies are viable, that is why i put in a base of 8 gain when you win allowing for a handful of deaths to be balanced by your assists and kills. But i appreciate your feed back!

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

bump

Saint28

07-07-2012

im fine with the current ELO system but i do think you need to achieve a certain level of play before joining ranked queues but like 200 normal game wins and 300 games total i think would suffice

EndofDeepsleep

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint28 View Post
im fine with the current ELO system but i do think you need to achieve a certain level of play before joining ranked queues but like 200 normal game wins and 300 games total i think would suffice
I agree and will lower them! thank you for the feed back! any reason why you like the current system?

EndofDeepsleep

07-09-2012

bump

Paint360

07-09-2012

The whole elo system needs to be fixed one way or another. Personally I like how SC2 does it.

EndofDeepsleep

07-10-2012

bump

BxLank

07-10-2012

don't know if this has been mentioned but I think the death elo loss is kind of dumb. My reasons for saying is that sometime (and I have done this many times before) a team will camp in a bush waiting for someone to come ward or something usually by baron and pick off support as he goes to ward. Not his fault he died. Also when I play support I often sacrifice myself to save the ad carry if I know that we both can't get away. I don't get an assist for that.

Yes I agree that this may stop the trolls from feeding but still many people do not feed on purpose and sometimes death cannot be helped.

FatMii

07-10-2012

The League of Legends Elo system should be kept the way it is. This system is only flawed in the minds of people in Elo hell and it is perfectly fine for higher Elo. If you are going to make a system where your K/D/A contributes to how much Elo you gain, ksing would be encouraged and supports/bruisers are going to be punished. This system is going to favour AP Mids because of their ability to burst.

If you really want to make a balanced system, I would suggest giving assists a higher priority than kills as it wouldn't encourage people to ks but it will still encourage the player to play to the best of their ability because you gain Elo by winning. This will also encourage more people to play support or tanky junglers because they are least common in lower Elo.