[Champion Concept] Oros, the Herald of Lokfar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

07-07-2012

I really wanted to see another Ice Mage, since Anivia is fairly obtuse and there's so much more that could be done with the idea. I also came up with a couple cool concepts and filled out a kit from there, and what you see now is the result

-------------------
Role/Notes:
Oros is a mage, with a melee autoattack. He's got a high degree of utility, but is more straightforward than Anivia. His weakness is champions with mobility spells; he has no means to effectively stop them from escaping Icebind's tether or Frostbite's slow range. He has enough AoE to jungle, and brings fairly effective ganks via Icebind into Frostbite slow on the leaving champion, though he would primarily be sent mid.

-------------------
Skills:

Passive - Cold Snap: Dealing damage with Oros' abilities applies stacks of this passive which self-consume at 3, reducing target's MR by 3/4.5/6/7.5(1/5/10/15) for 4 seconds. This MR reduction stacks.

Q - Sleet Gust: Oros pulls a driving, frozen wind towards him from a distance, dealing damage to enemies in a cone as it travels towards Oros. Oros gains 4/5/6/7/8 armor for 3 seconds per target hit.
Damage: 50/95/140/185/220 (+0.7)
Cost: 50 mana
Cone Angle (Degrees): 30
Cone Range: 750
Cooldown:10/9/8/7/6

W - Icebind: Oros enshrouds a target in ice, snaring them for 0.25 seconds. When the snare breaks, the target is tethered to their location and starts taking damage over 3 seconds, after which the tether breaks. The target loses movespeed based on the length of the tether.
Total Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+0.6)
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cast range: 500
Tether slow (scales from 0% at no length to listed number at max range): 40/50/60/70/80%
Tether range: 600
Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16
FX: The target briefly has a column of ice appear around it, which shatters to the ground marking the tether circle. An icey, ethereal tether appears that grows in thickness as the slow increases.
*If you cleanse off the snare, then the slow tether won't be applied to you

E - Temperature Void: For the next 5 seconds, Oros passively drains the surrounding area of heat, dealing damage to enemies every second. All enemies in the area are slowed, and enemies facing away from Oros are slowed at twice the rate.
Damage Per Tick: 15/22.5/30/37.5/45 (+0.1)
Range: 700
Slow/Second: 2/2.6/3.2/3.8/4.4%
Max Slow: 20/26/32/38/44%
Mana Cost: 75
Cooldown: 15

R - Ice Nova: Oros channels for 0.5 seconds, then releases a massive wall of ice which deals damage and slightly knocks back all hit targets. This leaves behind a thin coating of ice for 4 seconds which increases allied champions movement speeds and allows them to ignore unit collision.
AoE Radius: 2000
Wall Travel Rate: 1000
Damage: 225/350/475 (+1)
Mana Cost: 150
Cooldown: 120/110/100
Bonus Movespeed: 20/35/50%
*The slight knockback forces enemies to face away from Oros, for synergy with E

-----------------------------------------
Lore:

Far north of Valoran lies continents unknown, filled with dangerous creatures and strange civilizations. This place, Lokfar, is where Olaf hails from, and up to now the Institute of War has obtained next to no information about it. The most powerful summoners have tried various means of attempting to scry the area, though this failed completely for an unknown reason. Interestingly, summoning magic seems to be unaffected by whatever arcane shrouds lie to the north, and as such the Institute's most powerful summoners began carefully probing the area.

One day, a semi-humanoid creature composed partially of ice was discovered, and through devices unknown, forced himself to be summoned. Upon his arrival, he immediately froze the summoning chamber he was in as well as the people and contents thereof. He quickly and easily smashed his way out of the Institute, stopping anyone or anything from approaching it via sheer cold. Only after Anivia, Sejuani, and several senior summoners combined their efforts were they able to get a handle on the strange being. Revealing himself to be a wise creature, he promised to provide information about the history and great warriors of his homeland in exchange for similar knowledge in return. Naturally, the League is the best place for one to learn about Valoran's history (both recent and distant), and thus the creature named Oros chose to join the League.

"Ice appears to be motionless to the heat-dwellers of this realm, but it is always changing and flowing towards an inexorable goal." -- Oros, the Herald of Lokfar

-------------------------
Appearance:
[art may be forthcoming, depends on what I can put to paper]
He's humanoid shaped, with a skin that appears to be made of ice. He has a vaguely ape-like walk and stance. One of his hands is very large and overcoated with shards of armor, as if he was wearing a giant gauntlet. The other is of appropriate size and is used secondarily.

Quotes:

Movement:
With the speed of hail.
Immediately.
Each step brings me more knowledge.
I need a new vantage point.

Attack:
Their blood shall turn to ice.
I give them new life.
They shall know the secrets of Lokfar.
This place needs to look more like home...

Taunt:
Can't you outrun an overgrown glacier? *roars*
Why so sluggish? *Slams his large fist into the ground quickly*

Joke:
I'm not a cake, and this is NOT frosting! (ok, that might be weak, but i've honestly got no other ideas)

Changelog:

7/6/2012:

• Reduced Cold Snap base MR reduction to 3 and scaling to 1.5
  • renamed Frostbite to Temperature Void
  • Reworded Temperature Void's description, removing the mana regain and re-adding the intended slow ability
  • Re-scaled Temperature Void's damage, slow/second, and max slow values
  • Reduced Temperature Void's mana cost

Redeemed In Fire

07-07-2012

Bump, added a bunch more info and polished numbers a bit.

gildar

07-08-2012

I like ice champions so il give your champion a try at a review.

Your passive cold snap does the magic resistance debuff happens when the stack is on them or when 3 is stacked and it disappeared. Also what the limit for the stack other wise this plus frostbite will most definitely be OP and will kill most champions that could escape its range. As for the numbers they seem pretty reasonable but here is my warning I can't scale worth nothing so ask for someone who can.

Sleet gust seems pretty much good but without actual character stats like what his armor actually is I don't have much more to say.

Icebind it ability is it similiar to Leblanc chain in how it works or will go to the ground like nautilus ulti?

Frostbite will need a new name because Anivia already have it. The ability is good but i don't see why the opponent receive more damage when facing away from him also remove the mana return at best he will receive 25 mana by the end of the ability also like previously stated no stats no way of confirming if its bad or not.

Ice nova will require someone who can number crunch for if you want to know if its OP.

Well theres my 2 cents of a review on your champion.

Redeemed In Fire

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildar View Post
I like ice champions so il give your champion a try at a review.

Your passive cold snap does the magic resistance debuff happens when the stack is on them or when 3 is stacked and it disappeared. Also what the limit for the stack other wise this plus frostbite will most definitely be OP and will kill most champions that could escape its range. As for the numbers they seem pretty reasonable but here is my warning I can't scale worth nothing so ask for someone who can.
Magic resist reduction is when the 3 stacks self-consume. It's fairly strong, but the intent is to use it to replace some direct damage. I could tweak the amounts of Mres shred down a bit I think.

Quote:
Sleet gust seems pretty much good but without actual character stats like what his armor actually is I don't have much more to say.
Character stats is the one thing I'm bad at and he'd probably have way too high numbers if I tried to pick some :P

Quote:
Icebind it ability is it similiar to Leblanc chain in how it works or will go to the ground like nautilus ulti?
It's like Ryze's snare, only shorter duration, no immediate damage, and the person has the aforementioned tether attached to them after.

Quote:
Frostbite will need a new name because Anivia already have it. The ability is good but i don't see why the opponent receive more damage when facing away from him also remove the mana return at best he will receive 25 mana by the end of the ability also like previously stated no stats no way of confirming if its bad or not.
It's designed to punish runners, for usage in a gank or chase. I might tweak or remove that part, because it's making it difficult to give the ability acceptable base numbers. I did somehow bork the part in the description where it slows enemies.

Thanks for the name tip as well.

Quote:
Well theres my 2 cents of a review on your champion.