New ELO point system

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

07-06-2012

Is no one else offended that he says ELO point system when ELO means Electric Light Orchestra? What he really means is Elo point system, named for the man who created it.

- Mageinta Warrior

Brandon12332

07-06-2012

I like the idea, but I have to agree with getdapumps a little bit. Kills don't win games so they shouldn't be treated as such. Also having 20 champions owned (plus 10 freebies) is a little crazy. It is fine where it is at now but could be bumped to 10 owned instead of 6 owned.

I like what your trying to do here but it probably won't work out.

CourtOfMiracles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdapumps View Post
This is a tower defense game and all that actually matters is winning that battle. Champion kills, minions and items are all just ways to assist you on the way. That is all I have to say, your idea doesn't support the fundamentals of the game and there is no point discussing in any serious manner.
^ This
It's like chess- any strategy and any cost is acceptable, so long as it ends with you checkmating the opposing king. It's not like soccer, where every goal counts in the end.
I disagree with anything that incentivises individual actions, when nothing matters except who kills the other teams 'king' first.

Also, @ Mageinta Warrior

Yes! Except the new system he suggests is no longer Elo's system, so it shouldn't be called 'Elo', but be called 'new point system' or 'EoDS' or something.

Male Privilege

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdapumps View Post
This is a tower defense game and all that actually matters is winning that battle. Champion kills, minions and items are all just ways to assist you on the way. That is all I have to say, your idea doesn't support the fundamentals of the game and there is no point discussing in any serious manner.
Agreed, I don't want the "support" taking kills from the AD carry just to procure some ever-so-precious ELO.

Timammoth

07-06-2012

i like this i was trying to be very critical when i read this post. But i can't really fault it.

TehBrawlGuy

07-06-2012

Here's where the problem is:

I'm a competent support player who has no problem suiciding for you. Under your system, I'm suddenly going to be a total ******bag, because you're encouraging me to KS you and let you die.

Sure, I COULD go 1-7-20 and barely get even, but why wouldn't I choose myself over some random internet guy and go 6-4-15 instead?

King Kappa

07-06-2012

Champion kills, assists, deaths and minion kills should have nothing to do with it. You can pick Talon and get 20 kills in a game easily with few deaths and carry yourself to 2k in a night. Or you can pick soraka and spend weeks carrying yourself to the same elo because you don't get farm or kills.

You are not going to simply think up a better rating system than Arpad Elo. It's not a perfect system, but yours certainly pales in comparison.

NME Potato Zero

07-07-2012

1. Promotes KSing (for the 'KS ME ONE MORE TIME AND I AFK' people)
2. Say, a top laner is 5-2-0 in his lane because he outplays his laner 1v1, then goes to mid/late-game and dies because of his team, getting to 5-6-0..would that be fair for the player who won his lane hard and had to suffer for this teammates feeding players to godlike/legendary status?
3. No.

RuntimeMess

07-07-2012

Assists should be worth the same as Kills. This promotes teamwork rather than LOL IMMA USE MY ULTI TO STEAL A KILL LOLOLOL

XgosuX

07-07-2012

There's a reason you're sitting at around 1250 elo. And it ain't about flaws in the elo system. It's about your play 2k elo player, wickd, made a smurf went something like 57-6 wins-loss ratio, you win if you're good enough and lose. You've got to remember, everyone has a chance of getting those players that go 0-10. If you're really that good, you will get elo because there are 4 players on your team and 5 on theres, statistically they have a greater chance of getting an idiot and you're team already has a good player (yourself.)

12345612 ... 17