101 is going to be the new cool land mark champion not 100.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaQRough

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

[highlight]KERRlGAN[/highlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Raven View Post
Morello, Will She have a special buff/debuff when there is a specific champion on the opposing team? If so, could you tell us who it would be with?

Ex. Like how Zilean and Volibear have debuffs when they are on opposing sides of the team about how much they hate each other; Pirate Champions and Ninja Champions Buffs ect.
Five bucks says it's with Mantheon (Tamat, Nerf Master Suck Town)

turkeyBACON

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No gameplay or thematic overlap with TF at all.
I can't be certain but i think they meant to ask about twisted treeline not TF... So any overlap with twisted treeline?

BuzzJack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Pheonix View Post
What's more important is: Is this chick the corrupted version of Kassadin's daughter after returning from the void?
She has no purple.

Pnutt79

07-06-2012

I'll take a shot in the dark.. Its late/early and im bored.

She is a plant type so she probably has a form of poison or a DOT. I go out of a limb and say a skill shot/ground base attack.

She probably has a vine field that will slow/root enemies

I feel like a sappling it in there like Mao but I not sure if there would be overlap with the other plant champ.

Maybe she can turn her skin to thorn mail

Morello

Lead Designer

07-06-2012
28 of 50 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvtsarge View Post
It might spoil the surprise but
http://surrenderat20.blogspot.com.au...pbe-files.html
might give you a nice idea of what kind of abilities she has (She's named Xara in this one)

Seed is probably like an Orianna ball, thrown like a Maokai sapling where she can start her combos from.
Oaken Enemy might transform this seed into a pet? Or maybe summon a wall.
Twilight I don't really have a clue on.. it could cause more seeds to spawn? or maybe just a AoE effect from the seed
Vine might have a cool effect like chaining champions together, although it's been used in Varus already :/

The other abilities listed in their that come from other champions are probably hidden interactions with these champion abilities. (e.g. take 1 less damage from Maokai saplings).

Overall these things don't look very 'unique' so I'm still looking forward to being surprised
This is almost from 2+ months ago - several abilities are completely rebooted from this.

Morello

Lead Designer

07-06-2012
29 of 50 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeyBACON View Post
I can't be certain but i think they meant to ask about twisted treeline not TF... So any overlap with twisted treeline?
Oh! No, she doesn't. It's a different thing than Maokai.

Magik

07-06-2012

morello is that picture part of her splash art? or just a sneak peek?

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

07-06-2012

Sounds like Gavid the Plant King, who had the ability to put down sprouts then cause different plants to grow from these sprouts.

Plant King was basically split into Maokai and Zyra.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-06-2012

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittbunny View Post
Shot in the dark: her spells in some fashion germinate plants. The plants will, depending on which skills are used in which order, produce different effects, that may include things like:

temporary walls (tree?)
dot (leech seed)
cc (sleep powder)

and possibly other interesting effects.

If I had to take another guess, she probably has some form of 'pain terrain' akin to rumble's equalizer or malzahar's W. It might be shaped like a half-ring to discourage champions from fleeing the fight. After all, her spoiler picture renders her as being spikey-viney.
Warmer....
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanesse View Post
Her Q summons a targetable object like a bud or a young plant, and then casting her other abilities upon that static object impact an AOE effect.

/wild guess
Not on the money, but closest guess.
Quote:
[i]<Re. Orianna-esque companion>:[i]

Unless you count the entirety of nature, no
Possibly effects change based on the terrain she is in? (River, brush, land, jungle.) At least thematically/artistically?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvtsarge View Post
It might spoil the surprise but
http://surrenderat20.blogspot.com.au...pbe-files.html
might give you a nice idea of what kind of abilities she has (She's named Xara in this one)

Seed is probably like an Orianna ball, thrown like a Maokai sapling where she can start her combos from.
Oaken Enemy might transform this seed into a pet? Or maybe summon a wall.
Twilight I don't really have a clue on.. it could cause more seeds to spawn? or maybe just a AoE effect from the seed
Vine might have a cool effect like chaining champions together, although it's been used in Varus already :/

The other abilities listed in their that come from other champions are probably hidden interactions with these champion abilities. (e.g. take 1 less damage from Maokai saplings).

Overall these things don't look very 'unique' so I'm still looking forward to being surprised
This is almost from 2+ months ago - several abilities are completely rebooted from this.
Some thoughts:

An ability that seeds an area (damaging, possibly slowing), and the seeds sprout at some point in the future (possibly another ability, or multiple abilities depending on the ability cast).

Ability to gain vision of brush or semi-stealth while in brush (reduced radius from which she can be seen).

Zone or buff/debuff effects that have secondary effects when she uses her ultimate ('rampant growth' or such).

Bad Luck Braum

07-06-2012

Champions passive can teleport to any bush!

and her ult Can ward any bush! She is TEEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!