Movable HUD Elements

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kavrae

07-06-2012

Forgive me for this, but this is an element I'm pulling from various other games. Moving elements of the HUD individually, while a programming nightmare, would be a major benefit to players I believe.

The element in particular that inspired this is the "raid bar" on the left of the screen. In past games, I would often place this centrally on "support" characters for ease of use in buffs and healing (typically with semi-transparency). SO much more reliable than attempting to click on characters. How often has someone missed a heal because their carry juked it by accident?

This should not only include moving elements, but adding and removing them as well. If I'm playing an AP mid, I don't care what my AD is. I would rather have something like CDR or Spell Vamp on my stat bar. Some champs, I would gladly remove this bar entirely for more screen real-estate.

Since certain configurations would not help some champions/roles and even harm others, I believe saved configurations should be added as well.

This is not a stab at the current UI to say it's bad in any way; only that a single UI configuration cannot support the needs of all players.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: A few moments after posting this, I ran across something called the ACE client that seems to do this and more. How reliable, stable, updated, and more importantly "legal" is this?

boourns

UI Designer

07-06-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Moving and sizing HUD elements is totally legit, there is a .ini somewhere that you can edit yourself. As far as I know we've got no problem with you doing that. Changing the graphics is much more of a grey area, we don't support it and you could end up being banned for it if we find it's being used to exploit some part of the game.

Klocknov

07-07-2012

Can you direct us in the right direction mayhap?

Perb

07-07-2012

This thread.

Kavrae

07-07-2012

Thank you very much for the responses. I'll read through the thread you mentioned Perb and see what I can find. I may give ACE a try, get it setup the way I like, the post the results to be sure nothing's considered an exploitation.

Chinoman10

07-20-2012

I can assure you the ACE Client is 100% legit as it was one developed by a former Riot employee.

If you desire to know the whole story, the ACE Client's FAQ has proven to be an enlightening one

Later,
Chinoman10.