Is it time for a 4th ban on both teams in ranked?

1234511 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Roofus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Lets think about this. At 100 champions next patch with the current bans you leave 94 champions available. With 4 bans you still leave 92. Reasons for not adding another ban are mostly so new players can play ranked once they hit 30. Well if you buy all the 450 and 1350 champions you have more than enough champions to play ranked anyway.

tl:dr Should we or should we not get a 4th ban since we're nearly at 100 champions. (Other similar games such as DotA have more bans just saying) and a similar number of champions.

Also please bump this so it can stay up for someone at Riot to see.

Edit: We are now at 101 champions. And i thought of another thing they could do if they don't want to add bans in the middle of a season. Don't allow new champs from the past 3 weeks in ranked. That way i don't have to worry about banning champs that will either get nerfed or need massive buffs ruining my or their team.

edit: We are now at 106 champions if i'm not mistaken. And we still have no evidence Riot will even add bans in the future.

Diabolic Jungler

07-06-2012

I think it's about time for a fourth ban personally. I mean as you said 100 champions. Even with 8 bans total that leaves 92 things you have to choose from.

Bobd n Weaved it

07-06-2012

sounds good

Fuma518

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malzapar View Post
I think it's about time for a fourth ban personally. I mean as you said 100 champions. Even with 8 bans total that leaves 92 things you have to choose from.
^this

Arhcaea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Honestly i think we waited too long to go into the whole 3rd ban thing. We should of gone straight to 4 bans.

Syvenon

07-06-2012

Well in reality like only half of the champions are viable in ranked games. On tier lists there are 5 tiers or whatever and generally only the top 2 or 3 are really usable...

Avalon Bright

07-06-2012

Absolutely need 4 bans. hell I'd even be down with 5, though that might be a bit much...

Bu Gao Xing

Master Recruiter

07-06-2012

I think 4 should've came at like 50 personally.. but yah, most of the champions are really dusty atm (eve, twitch, karma, galio, trundle, heimerdinger... and on and on and on) So in theory, with all the rarely played champions for w/e reasons.. I'd go with we need at least 5 per side to eliminate a 10% of the champions.

MMEGATRON

07-06-2012

bump

Hayow

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvenon View Post
Well in reality like only half of the champions are viable in ranked games. On tier lists there are 5 tiers or whatever and generally only the top 2 or 3 are really usable...
I agree and disagree. People say Hecarim and Sejuani are bad. yet i have friends in the 1700's maining them. I think if you master any champion you can win just as much if not more than someone playing a stronger champ not as well.

1234511 ... 29