do NOT get Perseverance!

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilentSound

08-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by droeloe36 View Post
Well ofc. it is better to avoid deaths, but in high elo where games are many times decided by 5v5 group fights, you must commit and with 5 dps on you, it is unavoidable as a DPS to die. The 6 seconds good hands provides you, will matter a lot! Especially when you die first you might be back in time to prevent the left overs of the enemy team to push a tower.

Like Peyo already stated with simple math: when you have a 100 hp/5 regen, - which is pretty high - you only will get 4 hp regenerated in 5 seconds as a bonus from 3 whole mastery points!

Also, surviving an ignite is a verry poor arguement. The HP/5 and healing are reduced big time, rendering the hp5 regen even more useless.

I always used to go Perseverance, but after doing the math myself a while ago,.. It's good hands standerd when im going utility!

ummm not sure how this works.... but when will you ever be fighting against a team noob enough to be using 5 dps heroes???

ozzy6009

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2010

They are both bad, but perseverance is worse.

DARKX62

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2010

I'll be honest, I never really thought about it that way. OP, you are correct and I will, from now on, use good hands over perseverance. Excellent points, excellent argument.

peyo

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeoz View Post
Two words: Blue buff.

If you get blue buff. Perseverance gives you some extra mana regen almost equivalent to the mana regen mastery 2 rows down.
blue buff will give you what? 100? 200 mp5? do you REALLY need additional 4 or 8 mp over 5s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasuomikami View Post
Ive actually change mastery builds because of this
Mind you, its changed my utility build more
Yeh, well Expanded Mind is also lame mastery imo, just in case any1 using it :P 4% of you max mana is 40 bonus mana per each 1000 you have.

Sancreed Broda

08-30-2010

4% of the 4k mana an archangel or few gives you is a fair bit, 160, after the 12% AP boost from 3, thats ~18 AP.

peyo

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancreed Broda View Post
4% of the 4k mana an archangel or few gives you is a fair bit, 160, after the 12% AP boost from 3, thats ~18 AP.
any people still getting more than 1 Archangel? maaaaan, why don't I meet them? :/ R + E + Q with kassadin and I have a kill

EequaltoMC2

08-30-2010

Well, thanks for explaining this now, i will always go for good hands instead of perseverance when trying to excel utility.

CooLTanG

Master Recruiter

01-23-2011

good read

Azghyn Nite

01-23-2011

Bad necro >.>

Fluffy1

01-23-2011

only time you should be taking Perseverance is when your going 21 in utility on non mana champ, otherwise as a filler point if for some reason you dont have either ghost or teleport. outside of that completely useless mastery.

12345678 ... 11