Jayce's background makes Viktor look like a hypocrite and a saturday morning villain.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Still on page 1, but not nearly where it should be. BACK TO THE TOP!

Bonkymnobols

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

bump for Zaun justice

Scrubby Yum Yums

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Saint View Post
Listen up kiddies

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2313271

Started up a petition
I'm logging your identity bro. You can't hide from me.

Though I doubt you actually care.

Twixiee

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkcire View Post
(and that the lore system will take a while to be re-implemented)
Oh dear.. you're quite the optimist...

StarkRavenMad

07-03-2012

Jayce's lore needs to be *puts on his Viktor Helm* Destroyed...then Improoooved....

Servantofthe99

07-03-2012

i figured Viktor to be a genius but highly zealous scientist...kinda like mundo...except possibly less genocidal. but not a thief or anything...thats not cool. i actually like viktor.

heck make jayce the one who stole the plan from viktor to protect piltover...

Judge Arcadia

07-03-2012

Anyone who ever played Viktor knows, that a a man going gung-ho at him, isnt going to last very long. Dat EQR Combo.

Pokeprof

07-03-2012

Ok, having reread Viktor's background and Jayces lore, I can say there is one way to look at this that keeps Vik's original lore intact while keeping Jayces.

This all happening after Viktor becoming the machine he is today. Now before you hit that downvote button, let me explain.

In Viktor's lore we see the following: "Not only had he supplanted the majority of his anatomy, but his personality had changed. His previous hope to better society was replaced by an obsession with what he called the glorious evolution." and "His transformation had stripped him of what he perceived as his emotional weaknesses,"

This two points of his lore would leave me to believe that, should there be anything Viktor could find that would forward his desire for the Glorious Evolution, he'd take it. He might not so if he were still a man, but he isn't. He's a machine now, cold, calculating, and obsessed with a single goal.

Jayce's own lore actually supports that this might be the case as well. It calls Viktor in it the Machine-Agumented Scientist. This means this is long after Viktor forsake his own humanity, as well as most of his human emotions.

Now does Viktor's actions in Jayce's background seem amiss with his character? Yes, his HUMAN character. Viktor isn't Human anymore, nor does he act like one. He's a machine, and he'll do anything to obtain his function, including doing the same thing that resulted in his current state.

StarkRavenMad

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeprof View Post
Ok, having reread Viktor's background and Jayces lore, I can say there is one way to look at this that keeps Vik's original lore intact while keeping Jayces.

This all happening after Viktor becoming the machine he is today. Now before you hit that downvote button, let me explain.

In Viktor's lore we see the following: "Not only had he supplanted the majority of his anatomy, but his personality had changed. His previous hope to better society was replaced by an obsession with what he called the glorious evolution." and "His transformation had stripped him of what he perceived as his emotional weaknesses,"

This two points of his lore would leave me to believe that, should there be anything Viktor could find that would forward his desire for the Glorious Evolution, he'd take it. He might not so if he were still a man, but he isn't. He's a machine now, cold, calculating, and obsessed with a single goal.

Jayce's own lore actually supports that this might be the case as well. It calls Viktor in it the Machine-Agumented Scientist. This means this is long after Viktor forsake his own humanity, as well as most of his human emotions.

Now does Viktor's actions in Jayce's background seem amiss with his character? Yes, his HUMAN character. Viktor isn't Human anymore, nor does he act like one. He's a machine, and he'll do anything to obtain his function, including doing the same thing that resulted in his current state.
Nope. Sorry bud. Still downvoted.

There is an unspoken law, in literature. If a man turns himself into a monster, he holds ONE thing dear, no matter what. There is ONE LINE he will not cross that if he does cross, all sympathy is gone, and he nothing but a broken villain, to be tossed into the wind.

Riot didn't even let Viktor finish drawing his line.

Judge Arcadia

07-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkRavenMad View Post
Nope. Sorry bud. Still downvoted.

There is an unspoken law, in literature. If a man turns himself into a monster, he holds ONE thing dear, no matter what. There is ONE LINE he will not cross that if he does cross, all sympathy is gone, and he nothing but a broken villain, to be tossed into the wind.

Riot didn't even let Viktor finish drawing his line.
This is true now that you mention it.