Colourblind / Colorblind Mod RED vs BLUE, help needed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sawzall

08-13-2010

bump bump and more bump. How about a response from Riot, at the very least, explaining "why or why not".

Pyrolistical

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

JesterCapp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Technical Artist

08-29-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I think this is a very valid point. I don't know what (if any) plans we have regarding colorblind modes, but I will ask around on Monday. Hopefully we'll be able implement a solution that will improve your experience but, if not, I hope I'll at least be able to explain Riot's position.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Revolver Ocelot

08-30-2010

There are plenty of custom mods that address this issue:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=189647

or if you lika teh pirate vs ninja action:

http://forum.leaguecraft.com/showthr...ghlight=minion

Melonscoop

08-30-2010

i too support this thread even though i am not colorblind.

i don't think that people should have to install mods and go through extra work because they are born that way and cannot help it

mcdonaldjord

09-01-2010

well i would be sooooooo happy if they did this cause i am color blind too, and it would allow a lot more people play

ISABI54MU5

09-08-2010

Do I hear a Discrimination Lawsuit? SWEEET

JesterCapp

Technical Artist

09-14-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Sorry for not following up on this sooner! All I can say right now is that color-blind concerns are definitely on the radar over here... we're discussing things, I definitely like the idea of changing the team colors/ health bars for this purpose, but I can't confirm any action at this point. Sorry that I can't be any more specific.

I hope we can find a solution that will improve your experiences. Thanks again for all your suggestions and patience!

Cheers.

DummyDummy

09-15-2010

I would definitely welcome the suggested changes.

The worst thing right now is that in normal games I sometimes have trouble identifying the enemy champion in a team fight quickly enough when both teams have that champion.

I also find myself trying to smart cast heals or buffs on enemy champions who could need the spell if they were in my team. This is only a short impulse which in most cases does not even result in pressing a button. Nevertheless, it does distract me slightly and increases the chaos in team fights unnecessarily.

KingPoop

09-17-2010

I support this change