Jayce Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Eleven

07-02-2012

unless I'm understanding things wrong they did more than just make Orianna "feel more responsive" ... she just got buffed hardcore. That's going to be scary.

LeBlanc as well ... giving a champ who's impossible to catch even _more_ mobility? I mean I thought she was outshone because he damage dropped off hard end game ... not because she didn't juke well enough...

Yeah it's a _fun_ change ... but I dont see it making her more viable. Just more annoying.

Ryuraze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutoburns View Post
But most of all, WHY YOU NOT FIX EVELYNN? Of your 99 champs, she is the only one who is devastatingly weak. Even against a team that is not built for dealing with her, she quickly loses all ability to effect the flow of the game. Her passive is useless in the jungle, and she can't lane against pretty much everybody. I love her play style, but she just doesn't have the ability to succeed in this game. If she builds AD, she can't nuke and people escape. If she builds AP, she can't put out sustained damage and she only has one nuke spell. If she builds hybrid, she melts because she is a melee champ with no defense or sustain. PLEASE FIX HER.
she got nerfed into the ground on purpose. for a while, she was REALLY op, and flavor-of-the-month players abused that- a lot.
i think it's a way of making a point. someday, she may get buffed, but i dunno.
after all, i don't work for riot

Grand Eleven

07-02-2012

meh, she can still steamroll blind because in blind everyone hopes someone else will eat the cost of vision wards and she gets to snowball hard with easy free kills.

I'd rather they broke stealth entirely rather than leave us with Twitch and Eve who are "useless unless some nub they can abuse happens to queue then they feed to god-mode by 10minutes in".

Reisei

07-02-2012

what about GP, Noc and Pantheon ultimates?

Cronovey

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisei View Post
what about GP, Noc and Pantheon ultimates?
Nocturne and Pantheon aren't global.

In Gangplank's regard, I believe this was more directed at the champs that it was because of their power due to lack of aiming required. Gangplank's ultimate, while global, is still a skillshot ability like Ezreal/Ashe/Draven.

EvO8NiNjA

07-02-2012

if u hated LeBlanc b4.........

EvO8NiNjA

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
Nocturne and Pantheon aren't global.

In Gangplank's regard, I believe this was more directed at the champs that it was because of their power due to lack of aiming required. Gangplank's ultimate, while global, is still a skillshot ability like Ezreal/Ashe/Draven.
well said!

Morello

Lead Designer

07-02-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylph View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?p=3739313

so what happened with that beign broken?
In that day, mobility was a much scarier thing and people weren't as good, frankly. As the game is out longer and players get better, counters to previously crazy strategies not only become more possible, but make more sense. The skill of a game goes up over time as a game is live.

Most importantly, we just learn more and get better at this stuff as we do it more. In hindsight, it wasn't as scary as our previously-limited testing (ie 5 champion designers, Guinsoo, Shuerlia and me :P) would dictate.

Mistressdenoche

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

sure maker soraka weaker! and make le blanc a bigger pain in the early game ass :'@
gj -_-

trying to get her to be the new ahri? :/

Morello

Lead Designer

07-02-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opux View Post
Have you considered having Distortion interact with walls the same way blinks do? The funnest thing with LeBlanc is popping over a wall with Distortion to nuke someone, but because it is a dash it gets stuck on some walls that it looks like she should be able to cross (Tristana's jump has the same issue...). This is incredibly annoying when it happens.

Basically, have the location calculated the same way blinks are, and then have her dash to that location. You get the counter-play of a dash (non-instant, can be affected in transit, etc), but you make one of LeBlanc's best characteristics less frustrating to use.
Good point, and I agree. Coronach or Xypherous might be able to clean some of this up.

The slide is to make it so players can more readily see where she's coming from - even more important when she can mimic it!