Jayce Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pralius

07-02-2012

I play Karthus and I'm trying to start learning Soraka so while I'm not happy about the increased cooldown times, I understand. But for Soraka, I really hope you didn't increase Wish's cooldown too long. It's a healing spell, not a damaging one, all that health can be taken away practically instantly by some/most people.

My only real problem is with Leblanc's changes. Why would you buff her that much? If anything needed improving on her, it's Ethereal Chains, i go entire matches seeing it used sparingly at best. Sometimes not at all or only once. Distortion can be buffed but you also have to nerf it. Increase the cost, lower the time available to her to use it again (not cooldown, to distort back again. Three seconds is more than enough time for her to get all her spells off. or at least sigil or silence and mimic)

While I'm not happy about the increased speed of Sigil of Silence, I won't fight that one. But you're strengthening her overall character without taking anything away from her. Unless I missed something, Leblanc only got stronger from this. I'm already getting beaten down in mid lane from sigil of silence being used twice on me so that 1, I can't attack or flash away and 2, i get at least 1/2 of my health gone right away. And now with this whole blinking with distortion thing I'll barely even be able to hit her with spells. There's too much going for her

lemonpartyfan0

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pralius View Post
I play Karthus and I'm trying to start learning Soraka so while I'm not happy about the increased cooldown times, I understand. But for Soraka, I really hope you didn't increase Wish's cooldown too long. It's a healing spell, not a damaging one, all that health can be taken away practically instantly by some/most people.

My only real problem is with Leblanc's changes. Why would you buff her that much? I agree, distortion does need a bit of a buff, i go entire matches seeing it used sparingly at best. And while I'm not happy about the increased speed of Sigil of Silence, I won't fight that one. But you're strengthening her overall character without taking anything away from her. Unless I missed something, Leblanc only got stronger from this. I'm already getting beaten down in mid lane from sigil of silence being used twice on me so that 1, I can't attack or flash away and 2, i get at least 1/2 of my health gone right away. And now with this whole blinking with distortion thing I'll barely even be able to hit her with spells. There's too much going for her
Most people would agree, that with her weird niche in team fights, and dropping off late game, this isn't a terribly big buff at all. Her Q shouldn't be slow. Thats just silly. All it does is speed up the animation, and seeing as how its not a skillshot, it really doesn't do much but change the reliability of the QW or QE or QR combo.

XO Saucerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

seriously? you buff consum back? why did you nerf it in the first place!? and you buff Leblanc??? I agree to the new trick but buff her CDs??? seriously??? to be honest I love it becuaes I love using Leblanc. hahahah just please dont nerf her back.

Sips

Recruiter

07-02-2012

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY BUFFING LEBLANC? A GOOD PLAYER CAN RAPE THE WHOLE ENEMY TEAM IF THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAY HER ALRIGHT. Even average leblanc players can rape! What the hell is this?

Baywire

07-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pralius View Post

My only real problem is with Leblanc's changes. Why would you buff her that much? If anything needed improving on her, it's Ethereal Chains, i go entire matches seeing it used sparingly at best. Sometimes not at all or only once. Distortion can be buffed but you also have to nerf it. Increase the cost, lower the time available to her to use it again (not cooldown, to distort back again. Three seconds is more than enough time for her to get all her spells off. or at least sigil or silence and mimic)

While I'm not happy about the increased speed of Sigil of Silence, I won't fight that one. But you're strengthening her overall character without taking anything away from her. Unless I missed something, Leblanc only got stronger from this. I'm already getting beaten down in mid lane from sigil of silence being used twice on me so that 1, I can't attack or flash away and 2, i get at least 1/2 of my health gone right away. And now with this whole blinking with distortion thing I'll barely even be able to hit her with spells. There's too much going for her

You sir, are doing it wrong, play the proper champions and you wont have this problem, I.E. you play with champions that push the lane are are tanky. People literally forget, that Kassadin AND Leblanc can only push a lane on auto attacks alone, using their spells to clear minions is a worse idea, *using mana to clear one minion is not good, their AoE is fine however high CD and low damage not able to clear minion waves during laning phase lvl's1-9*. So how do you counter them? PUSH LANE 24/7 GET EVERY CS AND PLACE WARDS AND YOU SHUT THEM DOWN AND THEN BEAT THEM. There are reasons that LB and Kassadin aren't banned in high elo play and it's because of this that they aren't. If you hadn't noticed look at the CS of a LB at the end of a game that one does well there entire score is 10-5-5 with 57 cs and if you PUSH lane against them their score should look like 5-5-5 with 57 cs (basic idea, if they cannot roam, they cannot get kills and they lose the game)

You see what I'm saying?

LB isn't that good of a champion, people just have NO idea how to play against her. I support the buffs in place because her CD's were way too long, I think brand also needs a cooldown reduction to be more viable, it's like in a team fight you try to burst someone down and you don't kill them, well I hope you can run away for 12 seconds cause otherwise you aren't doing much damage *similar to brand*

I'm "upset" about Karthus because i just started using him however I don't think that high elo should dictate ALL changes in the game because most karthus players are not that good and don't really know when to ult.

I'd like to see a buff or two heading to Gragas as well. And I never bought orianna because she didn't do enough damage, hopefully with her new CD's and damage ratio's she might be more viable.

BTW Riot y u no jayce?

aG Sephiri

07-02-2012

The LeBlanc and Nunu changes look awesome and yay no more having to worry bout global ultimates every team battle!(hopefully)

Explosiv3

07-02-2012

Nooooooooooo karthus nerf nooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xion Moonray

07-02-2012

Because Nunu needs more sustain. The next few weeks are going to be hell with Nunu's dominating everything.

Also, still nothing to stop Blitzcrank from dominating bottom lane every game.

Picardkuro

07-02-2012

so wait.... next patch they Are buffing LB, a Champion that can easily crush most middle champions and nuke anyone who isn't High health or super tanky, the Champion that NUKES tryd before he can even think of hitting his ult button. Not many times the a champion i like playing get a buff and i disagree but.....i disagree

Noobseeker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2012

I LOVE. These changes!
Also, who the heck is Jayce?