Champion Rotation Schedule Announced!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade View Post
So, it seems like 80% of the posts in here are *****ing because a certain champion is more expensive or a certain champion isn't in the rotation. My understanding, however, is that none of them are very expensive and in the long run you'll spend WAY more points on tier 3 rune sets and skins than you will unlocking your favorite champion or three. Everyone who's been playing enough to have a favorite should have enough IP by now to unlock them, and then it's not a concern. If you think your 'main' getting nerfed (i.e. balanced) is some kind of affront to your hard work and/or money spent, then maybe you shouldn't have to rely on a champion being overpowered to win. Personally most of these complaints seem unfounded and even downright ungrateful, especially for people who haven't paid and don't plan to pay a cent for the game.
80% is an overkill. I see what you are saying but you also have to consider people who will start playing this game after this starts. If they can't play a hero, how will they know if they should buy it or not? Also you say favorite champion or 3? I personally would like to have atleast 20 playable champions in my set rather than 11 or 13, or in some cases 0 extra. I see your point and agree that some people are whining just to whine. In any case not everyone will always agree and it seems like you are telling other people their opinions are wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trade

Member

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizerable View Post
80% is an overkill. I see what you are saying but you also have to consider people who will start playing this game after this starts. If they can't play a hero, how will they know if they should buy it or not? Also you say favorite champion or 3? I personally would like to have atleast 20 playable champions in my set rather than 11 or 13, or in some cases 0 extra. I see your point and agree that some people are whining just to whine. In any case not everyone will always agree and it seems like you are telling other people their opinions are wrong.
Well, I'm no statistician, 80% may or may not be the exact proportion of *****ing posts in this thread. Most of my irritation is with people who are whining because of the tiny effort or tiny difference in effort it takes for them to receive the full benefits of a full game for no money whatsoever. Personally I bought the collector's pack not because it's the best or fastest way to unlock things but because this is the first time in awhile I've actually wanted to support a game just based on its merit and the attitude of its developers. Obviously many (most?) people won't share my opinion here but if you're going to look a gift horse in the mouth, don't act like you're somehow getting screwed out of your hard won goods.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreshLikeThresh

Senior Member

11-09-2009

The Week 1 tanks are very weak IMO, cmon Blitzcrank and Sion????

And you guys spelled Nasus with 2 S's instead of 1 in Week 4.



*on a side note* Could you guys fix the forum log-in so if u try to make a post, and it has you log into the forums it redirects you back to the thread you were trying to post in? cuz it is really annoying having to go and try to find the thread you were in if that makes any sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

frangulis

Junior Member

11-09-2009

IP will let us buy heroes and runes... but, what about maps? will they be free? will we have to pay for certain maps? will they also rotate like heroes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeyk

Member

11-09-2009

Why are there so many repeat tanks on the list and no Amumu or Rammus? That's just not right.

Also I'm curious why Kayle is classified as a tank. I see no point in building her as one, there's nothing special she can do in melee range. She has a ranged nuke, a ranged autoattack, a ranged heal and a ranged invuln. I would call her support. Is this just about their base stats?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

Senior Member

11-09-2009

Can we at least get a decent caster first week?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glyde

Senior Member

11-09-2009

Q: If we unlock a champion, is it unlocked just for that rotation or is it unlocked for the season or even indefinitely?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-09-2009
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anata ga mori View Post
Yeah. This basically punishes those who spent the time to learn Anivia (who is supposed to be very hard to learn) by making them spend more points. Not cool, given that they just balanced her with a nerf.

It would be like a government saying, "Hey, I know you get paid the same as the other guy, but you put in 55 hours a week and he puts in 40, so I want you to pay more in taxes."

If they're evenly balanced, why don't they cost the same?
Shrug, Anivia is also one of the most fun champions while also being a challenging one that isn't a great fit for newbs. Those types of champions are going to be the legendary ones, while ones that are really fun but highly accessible usually end up heroic or epic. Though, sometimes we do make champions like Aniviai heroic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noetherian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangulis View Post
IP will let us buy heroes and runes... but, what about maps? will they be free? will we have to pay for certain maps? will they also rotate like heroes?
Riot has stated that they will never require you to unlock maps ... restricting the maps that you can play on fractures the player base in a way that Riot feels is bad for the long-term health of the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noetherian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyk View Post
Why are there so many repeat tanks on the list and no Amumu or Rammus? That's just not right.

Also I'm curious why Kayle is classified as a tank. I see no point in building her as one, there's nothing special she can do in melee range. She has a ranged nuke, a ranged autoattack, a ranged heal and a ranged invuln. I would call her support. Is this just about their base stats?
The rotation (for the first month) is clearly biased towards Champions who are easier to play. Rammus gets new players killed, whereas new players have a much easier time with Sion.

Although they haven't announced weeks 5 and beyond yet, I assume that eventually we will see every hero get a week where they are free to play.