Can we get rid of the "punishments" for queue dodging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exidur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

Before you hit 30 people will play whatever they want, especially in blind pick. Play draft and it will be better. Not perfect but better.

xXcatoXx

06-30-2012

I very much agree.I hate when people insta-lock when the team really badly needs a certain type of champ.But it's not a ranked game so u should'nt rat people out for trying to play there certain champ before you have seen them play.

Reprisal

Recruiter

06-30-2012

People don't play where u want them to =/= Que dodge

Hmm

Lolcakes

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze360 View Post
I dont agree with your solution, because people would just dodge all day, however, a solution to fix this is to emplement what is already in every other game, and that is the option to vote to kick players out of q. no more solo trolls.
And then, 4-man premade trolls begin, kicking everyone.

Derpism

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elani View Post
People don't play where u want them to =/= Que dodge

Hmm
More like: Nobody says a **** thing in the game lobby, probably won't say a **** thing in the game.

Dodge.

No thanks. I want people that communicate.

...Censorship is lame. OH NOES YOU SAID A NAUGHTY WORD COVER IT UP.

Kirito3689

Master Recruiter

07-01-2012

My advice until a fix or suggestion comes along Op is to play a dominion or tt if ur penalty gets to high. The que dodge penalty only applies to the game ur playing. If u have the strength to just not play when u want ur lol time then go make a sandwich and watch an episode of dan vs ;-). Otherwise if u must play, dominion and tt says play us while rift penalty is upon u. OR You could go on the tribunals and punish reported trolls for 15 min while u await ur penalty :-).

The key man is to not let the trolls win. I look forward to every suggestion I see that will oneday keep trolls away, and I make sure to report every troll I encounter in a game whether or not it does anything in hopes of a troll free future.

Also, start adding people u enjoyed playing with or let people know on the forums that ur a casual fun player looking for like minded people to play with. U will find ur experiences get better and ur troll problems dissappear. U will meet some funny people too if u add them on skype and suddenly u will find ur actually having fun :-)

Hope this helped Mr. Op :-)

posted on my android mind the type os :-P

Guy Deathscare

07-01-2012

No you dodgers deserve it...

NyStiKx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-01-2012

I agree, sometimes people just have absolutely stupid team compositions and refuse to play anything else. A few days ago I got a team comp. with 3 tops, an ap mid and a ad bot. I refused to play that game so I dodged.

I do agree with the times of matchmaking though, if there wasn't a penalty it would be a ridiculously long queue time. Just keep it a 5-10minute ban everytime someone dodges.

sugarcrotch

07-01-2012

wait are you *****ing about normal blind pick? im one of the people that instalock in blick pick cuz who gives a **** about normals, its where the points dont matter and the meta is made up

capismymain

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eneha View Post
Really, it's frustrating having a horrible team composition with people that either don't understand how the game works or don't care. I just had a game where I requested to go bot as Varus and so in response people picked 2 other AD carries and didn't say anything until last second (dodged like a boss.) Another recent instance was when I chose Anivia and immediately after the other summoners chose Annie, Ziggs and Veigar with no signs of anyone wanting to switch. There are just so many times where you look at your team and think "Man, this is going to be awful--I don't want to waste 20-50 minutes of my life with this." (since bad teams like not surrendering)

I understand some penalty--having to log back in is fine; having a short "waiting" period before you can try entering queue again is fine; 5 minutes for the first queue dodge and then increasing after that is not fine. It's not fair to make players choose how they want to waste their time if they want to play League, whether the cause is a bad team or the ridiculous penalties for queue dodging.

My advice:
1st dodge = Log in again like always but no time penalty.
2nd dodge = 3 minute waiting time
3rd dodge and up = 5 minute waiting time

Maybe in draft it's a different story, as that's a much larger time commitment for champion select and whatnot, but I'm mostly griping about classic/blind-pick PVP.
There has to be a big consequence though, that's what people aren't willing to accept. if there wasn't a time penalty there would be so many dodges and a lot less games played. It would take 30 + mins just to queue up a game because people care a lot about their elo and people will dodge when they get even a slightly unfavorable match up Imho I want the elo loss back on dodges. because now if you pick even an inch outside the meta people rage at the select and dodge queue, it's not good for the growth of the game and it's not good for the community. There needs to be a consequence of some kind.

And by the way. the only people who complain about this is either lazy or low elo players that don't want to earn their wins the hard way or that can't carry. They just want to get gold elo and sit on it until season 2 ends.I know your type.

By the way, you're level 26. Even if this is a smurf I have 0 respect for you because you don't even have the balls to post this on a main account.

I might sound like an ass but everything i've said are the hard facts dude. If you want to climb in elo you have to get better and play a lot of games and earn it, you can't just expect to play 50 games and be gold unless you're a professional. It takes work and a lot of games for most people.