I got sexually harassed for over half an hour.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FranPanginoon

Senior Member

06-30-2012

I was playing Shyvana, as usual, but in the champion select. it was obvious these guys were premade. They kept calling me dude and bro so i made the comment that "im a girl" And as expected i heard "wut girls dont play games"
Well game starts and i get sexually harassed the entire game, getting called a f ag, a cu nt, dragon b it ch, and amoung many other slurs and things.
39minute game and all i hear the entire game is "shut up cu nt" "fa g" and other very discomforting words

I was considering throwing the game. i didnt want these guys to win, but thats agaisnt my ethic so we went and won the game.
the biggest wonder about this is that one of my team mates was playing pulsefire ezreal
Im seriously upset that i had to sit through a battery of insults and slurs.
And yes after about 20minutes of it ignored all of them and turned on all chat so i could request my enemies to report them. probably didnt.

this is why girls hate playing video games, we get so much backlash, and this wasnt the first game that ive had to sit through this kind of harassment.

Why isnt anything being done about this? I know that one guy playing ezreal sure as hell didnt care, or didnt think he was getting banned, he has a 20$ skin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orivos View Post
Why say your a girl?
because im not a guy, and i hate being called male pronouns.
I doubt youd like it if everyone was calling you lady, miss, and ma'am all **** day.
It gets tiring. Im sick of being called "Man" "dude" "sir" and "bro" all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjeremiah View Post
She shouldn't have to hide her gender. She simply corrected them when they called her a guy. That is not a crime, despite how many guys on the internet would like to pretend it is, so they can keep getting away with their misogyny. Blame the victim, etc.. Sad.
This.

Im not asking for anything other than just to be recognized realize that im a female anymore than you want to be recognized for being male.
Im pretty sure that if you were in a situation where theres 90% female population and you kept getting called "miss" all the time youd be inclined to correct someone telling them that you're actually a guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamiator View Post
/ignore
works like a charm
I cant seen their pings if i ignore them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindustry View Post
pretend your a guy and all your problems go away on the internet.

edit for those not informed the OP is apparently a guy so my advice fails in this drama(drag?) queen's case
This is blatent disrespect and sexism displayed towards transgender'd individuals.
You have no right to place your own beleifs over anyone else and most of all you have ZERO right to put your own ideology before scientific research and studies.

In lamans terms "dont be a mysoginist bigot." And learn about diversity and tolarance of those who dont fit into your small minded uneducated ways of thinking.
Educate, stand up for, and defend diversity.

I look like a girl, talk like a girl, act like a girl, and i am treated like a girl in my daily life and If someone in a legal standing does not do so, I have the right to sue them for defamation and public sexism.(public humiliation)
I am not masculine, I am feminine.
I am Female, and only am asking to be treated as such.

Edit: Added pics, they said more than just that. they were pretty nasty to each other but they called each other by real life names. Sorry it took so long to get these up. Im moving and was moving my belongings into storage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShoopuS

Senior Member

06-30-2012

kinky


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alamiator

Senior Member

06-30-2012

/ignore
works like a charm

edit: I personally wouldn't mind ignoring their pings if they were harassing me in the first place


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sindustry

Adjudicator

06-30-2012

pretend your a guy and all your problems go away on the internet.

edit: the above was in direct response to the OP who, based on my considerable experience online, I considered to be a troll. Not to the actual problem of dealing with harassment.

Also for those not informed the OP is apparently a guy acting like a woman/converting to be transgendered. so my advice fails in this drama(drag?) queen's case

And since the OP decided to add me in the OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTkiller
Attention vvhore succeeded with a red

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...=franpanginoon

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2281592 ... Dat attitude

"Hey your the jerkass who spent 4 years doting over me, and didnt have the ****ing balls to ask me out.
And when you finally did you let your parents walk all over you.Don't blame me because you lost a peice of ass because your were too much of a ****ing coward to ask me out all those years."

What kind of a guy watches someone for years and NEVER asks them out? And then when he does he runs awake scared when mommy says "i dont like her."

-- Person you guys are upvoting, He's biologically male btw

Attention vvhore.....keep downvoting

and a lot more of that too

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2150963&page=2

FranPanginoon: "Im a lesbian and i flaunt it to the guys i play with and make sure they know theyre filthy pigs
I await my ban for being a sexist little *****."

^ Just lol........... HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT CONVINCE WOW. too funny
When you come with legit righteousness I will fight the good fight. Until then I will expose your failings so that you can learn from them.

Final Edit: A lot of things got misunderstood so I'm clarifying with the edits. Read further through the thread if you want the whole picture.
(*I was the one that first said boys will be boys*)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyen View Post
boys will be boys? ****ing sexists

"Blame God/Evolution/YourChoiceOfCreation for the great divide. We aren't all born with the same hormones. Get the fog out your brains and realize guys and girls are physically, mentally, hormonally and outside of species, just plain different."


This reply of mine is entirely apathetic towards both sexes. On hindsight I realize I never contested your assumption that I was a sexist. I'm not, if anything I love women too much and hate that they intentionally feed into bad guys. That's what causes me to seem against them. I should have said "equally different" instead of "just plain different".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orzadus

Senior Member

06-30-2012

ignore and report them
also gender has nothing to do with gaming so no need to tell someone about it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImANubCake

Senior Member

06-30-2012

Stating "i'm a girl" is pretty much just asking for attention.

And even if they buy RP they will still get banned if they behave like that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-30-2012

isn't that verbal harassment o-o?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orivos

Senior Member

06-30-2012

Why say your a girl?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahkamagna

Senior Member

06-30-2012

relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

Edit: Okay, this thread apparently went places while I was gone. (I honestly thought it would sink like it should have. Guess not.) Just to clarify, before I get downvoted into oblivion: No, I don't agree with the actions of the individuals who harassed this person, or people who harass others on a daily basis, whether it be anything to do with your gender, race, or sexual orientation, etc. However, I'm missing the point as to why this is always brought up in some way, shape or form, and always given the same responses, so I'll try giving this a better response other than the video I linked.

Nobody likes the fact that there are people like this in the world, but what are you honestly going to do about it? You cannot change some people, no matter how hard you try to. All you had to do, was report them, and then they would more than likely be taken care of. It's the way life is. You're going to meet people that treat others that are different than them with little to no respect just for the sole purpose that they are different. As for your scenario, I honestly believe it's because the internet has really driven all of the prepubescent kids, (and adults who act like children) out of the woodwork, and really shown a different side of them that would be otherwise absent outside of the internet. (There are exceptions, however. Some people just act like that all the time.)

I pass these threads by and topics like this aside not because I disagree with you, but because I'm sick of hearing it.

I have questions, though. Why are you sorely offended when someone calls you dude? I have female friends that I call dude, and they seem to be OK with it. I can understand being called sir, but the word "dude" and "bro" kind of evolved from their original meaning into "friend" more than "guy friend".

Oh, and no, I don't believe anyone should be forced to hide their gender, that's horrible. (You can believe me when you compare this to the whole "Don't ask/Don't tell" policy, only gender related)

I'd write more, but I get writer's block pretty easy. Tldr: Sorry for what happened, but honestly the only way you're going to ever get over this, is if you simply ignore them, and act like they don't exist. If you were looking for better advice, I'm not the one to come to. (Btw, I call Shyvana the dragon b it ch all the time, no big deal.)

Edit2: Turns out OP's trolling. Welp, ggwp. I'm done here. Proof -> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post24594971


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lasterus

Senior Member

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranPanginoon View Post
this is why girls hate playing video games, we get so much backlash, and this wasnt the first game that ive had to sit through this kind of harassment.
People play with more girls than they think. It's just the ones that REVEAL themselves as girls are the ones who get harassed