BIG Art Contest for Lowelo.com! WIN RP + MORE! Featured artwork on podcast!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RinTheYordle

06-29-2012

=============================================
CONTEST UPDATE!!

CONTEST EXTENDED TO THE 7TH OF AUGUST!!!

WHATS GOING ON?

Calling all artists!

We at LowElo.com would like to invite you to join us for our first ever Low Elo Podcast Album Artwork Contest. Call upon your skills in graphic design and illustration and show us your vision for the Low Elo Podcast’s Album Artwork!

>>>TL;DR Version of everything below:<<<

LowElo.com is holding an art contest to display your art to hundreds on their iPods, iTunes, lowelo website, and more! Also, you'll be winning some RP and even be on the podcast! Contest ends AUGUST 7THt, must follow the rules, and will be judged by the four of us on LowElo.com! Entries must be e-mailed to us, but can also be posted here on the forums. PLEASE e-mail them to us, though! We're all about having fun, and we want to spread that fun and classiness on to others!

For more information, please read the full contest below! It's not that bad, we promise.

SHOW ME THE MONEY! PRIZES!:

1st place:
$20 RP
You’ll have the opportunity to appear as a guest on the show to promote your artwork.
Your artwork embedded in our podcast and RSS feed (that includes the iTunes marketplace) for 3 weeks straight.

2nd place:
$10 RP
You’ll have the opportunity to appear as a guest on the show to promote your artwork.
Your artwork embedded in our podcast and RSS feed (that includes the iTunes marketplace) for 2 weeks straight.

3rd place:
Your artwork embedded in our podcast and RSS feed (that includes the iTunes marketplace) for a week.

OKAY IM INTERESTED, NOW WHAT? THE CONTEST!:

We know that great work takes time. I also know we’re all busy. For this reason, the contest will close on July 31st.

1.) All entries should include the name of the show (Low Elo). Entries may include one of our slogans (The only league of legends podcast…, The League of Legends podcast for the players) but this is not required.

2.) All entries must be 100% safe for work.

3.) All entries must be 100% your own work.

4.) Entries should be 1600x1600 and look good at full size and when reduced to as small as 150x150.

5.) Winning entries will be chosen by the Low Elo staff and announced on http://lowelo.com, during the show and on the official League of Legends forum.

HOW DO I ENTER MY PRETTY DRAWINGS?

You’ll want to email your entry to contest@lowelo.com with “Art Contest” in the subject line. Be sure to include your contact information and in game summoner name.

BUT WHAT DO I DRAW? STUFF TO HELP!:

About Low Elo:

"We are the #1 rated League of Legends podcast in the world. We focus on developing team player skills, good sportsmanship and positive community involvement. Our weekly show is downloaded by thousands upon thousands of summoners every week. You can find our show in iTunes by simple searching the marketplace for League of Legends. We’re the first result in the podcast section. You can visit our website too at http://lowelo.com where you’ll find every show, a link to our RSS feed and other content including our community live stream and all of the music played on the show.
We have three regular hosts. My name is Jeff and I run things. Dave is my right hand man and handles everything I can’t get to and then some. Christian is our third man. He plays Jax and does impressions. RinTheYordle is our 4th chair and she has rockets." - Jeff

About the Hosts:

Jeff:
Jeff is the show’s mastermind. Every week he keeps the show moving through each segment despite his fondness for sowing chaos. He’s an analyst and an aggressive strategist. Jeff is most often referred to as “The Baus”. Jeff’s most played champions are Warwick and Teemo. He is a strong jungler but also plays the outside lanes and is well known for his recklessly aggressive play style through all stages of the game.

Special Ability:
Inverted Reality: Jeff feeds top lane. His team wins the game.

Dave:
Dave is the show’s champion expert and the voice of reason to Jeff’s constant chaos. He is laid back and well rounded. Dave is most often referred to as the expert. He plays a wide range of champions and is the most diverse player when it comes to lane positions. He is feared in the middle lane as LeBlanc and for leading enemy teams in Benny Hill style chases through their jungle.

Special Ability:
High Priority: Whenever another player on the same team pings to attack Baron Nashor, Dave pushes the middle lane and wins the game.

Christian:
Christian is a co-host on the show. He also does fairly impressive impressions of Amumu, Jax and Dyrus. Christian most often plays an aggressive solo top as Jax but is also known to fill a strong AP mid or jungle role when the need arises.

Special Ability:
The Champ: Christian completely dominates the top lane, crushing all wussbags that dare to cross his path. His team loses the game.

Rin:
Rin is a co-host on the show. She is also a well known artist in the League of Legends community and an outstanding member of the lesser known LoL RP community. Rin only plays yordles but has recently started playing Blitzcrank.

Special Ability:
Rocket Powered: Rin converts caffeine into funny noises, giggles and multi-kills.

BOY YOU TALK A LOT. ANYTHING ELSE?:

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, PLEASE e-mail us at contest@lowelo.com! We'll be more than willing to help out any way we can! Also myself, Rin, am more than willing to try to contact artists if they need any tips converting art, sizing, and more. My e-mail is Rin@LowElo.com! I can't help you make any ideas or judge them before the contest ends, but I can help with little things!

Remember, summoners, keep it classy!

EatCrayons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Ooooo. Thousands actually. Tens of thousands.

Hero de Brasil

06-29-2012

Rin you so crazy

Compy386

06-30-2012

I don't think my stick figures would win...but I'm going to draw them anyway!

Rushinq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2012

Quote:
"We are the #1 rated League of Legends podcast in the world."
By who exactly?

Compy386

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushinq View Post
By who exactly?
We have the most and the highest ratings on iTunes...we are #1 in Google for "League of Legends Podcast"

Pretty much those

I Play Lux

06-30-2012

I might do this, but there is one problem. I can't draw at all with my stupid laptop pad lol. Here's my attempt at a quick Brand though, just to keep the thread going, lol. I'll post up an actual entry within 2 weeks maybe, I should have an actual mouse by then.

Good luck to all who enter!

EatCrayons

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazukin View Post
I might do this, but there is one problem. I can't draw at all with my stupid laptop pad lol. Here's my attempt at a quick Brand though, just to keep the thread going, lol. I'll post up an actual entry within 2 weeks maybe, I should have an actual mouse by then.

Good luck to all who enter!
Pretty good for a touch pad! I look forward to seeing your entry.

I Play Lux

06-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatCrayons View Post
Pretty good for a touch pad! I look forward to seeing your entry.

Swindles

06-30-2012

Hey I'm a Graphic Design Artist like me ;D.