Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seethman

06-29-2012

Ok, all you Riot lovers. You are all so blind that you don't understand that Riot is USING you.
Don't you see it?!
They are having fun at your expense, making this game that you just keep playing like suckers. You sit there, having a good time, not even thinking about the fact that Riot is making a LIVING like this. It's just amazing how easily you are all taken in.

tl;dr: OMG I love you riot!
(add: yeah this post is because Riot is made of awesomesauce, if'n ya'll don't get it)

FaceCheckMyBush

06-29-2012

As an avid ARAM player, I salute this! Also, yes.. something needs to be put in place to discourage queue dodging. I know from playing ARAM's so often that the queue dodging is out of control. So, some sort of penalty would be a great addition.

PS. Friends msg'd me to meet up at the Anime Expo tonight in LA and my response was "umm.. well, Riot just released this ARAM map sooooo... I dunno menz". XD

Joness

06-29-2012

This is amazing, last time I played ARAM was like over a year ago, stopped cuz people were cheating... now i can play it again!!

Al3x4ndar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We're waiting to see what you guys think of the map first before we make that call.
I would really like to see 1v1 (and maybe 2v2) matchmaking for Proving Grounds. Plus, 1v1 ranked on it would be really popular. Everyone who complains about been dragged down by teammates would be able to see how skilled exactly he is. Of course SR 5v5 would still be the most popular cause this is a team game, but I know 1v1 would save me of potentially getting brain aneurism when I'm not in a mood for streak of games full of trolls and leavers.

Brackhar

Features Designer

06-29-2012
11 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3x4ndar View Post
I would really like to see 1v1 (and maybe 2v2) matchmaking for Proving Grounds. Plus, 1v1 ranked on it would be really popular. Everyone who complains about been dragged down by teammates would be able to see how skilled exactly he is. Of course SR 5v5 would still be the most popular cause this is a team game, but I know 1v1 would save me of potentially getting brain aneurism when I'm not in a mood for streak of games full of trolls and leavers.
We'd probably have to do some work to make 1v1 fun. I'm not sure the death timers as currently implemented would make that fun. We never tested it though, so I could be wrong.

Aloake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

hey dewd

Campeen

06-29-2012

Please make a tooltip to show new people to Proving Grounds that there's a summoner spell Barrier, and maybe what it does.

CyanShock

06-29-2012

All the bad stuff everyone's been complaining about and the whole time Riot was getting ready to surprise us with a 'new' map. <3 Thanks everyone who's been working on this.

Threshax

06-29-2012

First I'll say thank you for the map. I love ARAM and love that you guys are supporting it. I can go either way on the passive XP, starting at level 3, etc. Not really too attached either way.

I do dislike the 20% healing reduction though. As most games are all random, and you can't control who you get, having a hero like Mundo or a healer can really suck with that healing reduction just for being on the map. I'd really like an option set where you can turn that off (and turn off the little bonus heals in the lane too).

I just wanted to give you my personal opinion on feedback both positive and negative. Again, thank you for the map, love the way you guys give us something like this.

FuzionZero

06-29-2012

This is in response to the black background from the EUW forums. You could do something like what Gunbound did. It is essentially just a picture. But it moves with you to give a sense of 3D.