Tribunal is lose-lose system.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrRufferto

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
No, the fact is that you and I are two totally different people with totally different attitudes. You probably have no competitive nature in gaming at all. Im strongly competitive, this causes heated language. That is not a reason to suspend or ban some one.

The Tribunal supports one small section of the LoL playerbase; The people who don't care

For the other 80% its incredibly biased.

If Riot wants to eventually cut their competitive, high level elo playerbase down by 50-60% then keep the system. Otherwise they need to resolve some issues.

Edit* Yep, just looked you up. You aren't even ranked.
A majority of good players don't rage because they understand that negative energy does nothing to help win games. In fact, from a psychological perspective, it has the opposite effect. So rage on, keep losing, AND get banned. THAT'S a lose-lose situation.

Irongrinder

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufferto View Post
A majority of good players don't rage because they understand that negative energy does nothing to help win games. In fact, from a psychological perspective, it has the opposite effect. So rage on, keep losing, AND get banned. THAT'S a lose-lose situation.
First I see Mpalm come back, now Ruff's back too!

It's just like old times!

DeathCrunch

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
There is something that it seems nobody is taking into account here:

Being reported is necessary, but not sufficient, for receiving a Tribunal punishment. You also have to have conducted yourself in such a way that a group of independent observers decide that you violated the Summoner's Code.
This argument is so incorrect it's not even funny.

I was suspended 3 times and then permabanned (technically I was suspended 5 times, but 2 of them were double-dips).

I was reported by somebody about 1 time every 5 games I played. I played 1200 games, so let's say I got reported 240 times.

I was only suspended 4 times. If it takes 11 reports to get to a Tribunal, that means my account faced 24 tribunals.

That leads to a suspension rate of about .16% - every 6th time I made it to a Tribunal I got punished.

Now let's create a hypothetical Player B.

Player B is reported 1 out of every 20 games he plays, and he's played 1200 games. His punishment rate is identical to mine, 16%.

By the time I'm being permabanned (5th successful Tribunal), he's on his first ban.

Conclusion: All-things-being-equal, report frequency is sufficient to determine who gets permabanned and who gets off with a 3-day ban.

ClownInMilkTruck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Quote:
There is something that it seems nobody is taking into account here:

Being reported is necessary, but not sufficient, for receiving a Tribunal punishment. You also have to have conducted yourself in such a way that a group of independent observers decide that you violated the Summoner's Code.

If you are being reported in edge cases where half of the player base won't report you and half will, your chances of being punished are much lower. In our post about the Tribunal in December, we revealed that the average first-time Tribunal visitor is reported 11 times. That's a large enough sample that it's not an isolated incident or a single maligned troll premade.

The chances that you encounter enough bad luck for so many independent events go out of your favor are infinitesimal.
And unfortunately this does not add up. If an average of 11 reports would create a tribunal case, literally every single person who plays league would have a tribunal case by now, simply from erroneous spam reports and having nothing to do with them as individuals.

DeathCrunch

06-29-2012

Quote:
If you are being reported in edge cases where half of the player base won't report you and half will, your chances of being punished are much lower. In our post about the Tribunal in December, we revealed that the average first-time Tribunal visitor is reported 11 times. That's a large enough sample that it's not an isolated incident or a single maligned troll premade.

The chances that you encounter enough bad luck for so many independent events go out of your favor are infinitesimal.
Let's assume for the sake of argument that the Tribunal ONLY removes the worst of the worst scum-of-the-Earth from the game. ZERO innocent players gets swept up in the dragnet.

Report-system-abuse-grief-trolling is still a massive problem that hasn't even been addressed: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2298059

DeathCrunch

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Castigator View Post
And unfortunately this does not add up. If an average of 11 reports would create a tribunal case, literally every single person who plays league would have a tribunal case by now, simply from erroneous spam reports and having nothing to do with them as individuals.
I think he's leaving out the time-period component, as well as peoples' report credibility.

11 refers to some hypothetical score the algorithm gives to indicate how severe your unpopularity is.

theshim

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Castigator View Post
And once again, yet again, for the hundredth time or so, you choose to ignore behavior and spin the Tribunal as a game of chance.

There's no getting through to you, is there?

DeathCrunch

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshim View Post
And once again, yet again, for the hundredth time or so, you choose to ignore behavior and spin the Tribunal as a game of chance.

There's no getting through to you, is there?
That's not his point, he's simply pointing out the flaw in the claim that 11 reports = tribunal.

Tribunal is a player-harassment-system game, not a game of chance.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrunch View Post
That's not his point, he's simply pointing out the flaw in the claim that 11 reports = tribunal.

Tribunal is a player-harassment-system game, not a game of chance.
where are you getting the idea that 11 reports = Tribunal? Riot never said 11 reports = Tribunal and if you going off the 94% Tribunal info-graph, then thats outdated and shouldn't be used to form any arguments.

RiotTiza

eSports Coordinator

06-29-2012
8 of 8 Riot Posts

I said the average, first-time tribunal offender is reported 11 times. That is not a rule, that is an average, and this is for a person who's never been previously sent through the Tribunal process. Every individual case is different, which is something that I've been stressing in nearly every post.

You are either making up your own facts or conflating your personal experience to be the sum total of all experiences.