Proving Grounds Playable on Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Runix

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We're waiting to see what you guys think of the map first before we make that call.
I love it and want a matchmaking service for it!

. . . Even though I haven't played it yet. :/ Stuck at work, & etc.

But seriously: yes, we need a matchmaking system, if for no other reason than to deal with players who constantly drop when they don't random Yi. I don't want to play with them, and I think others don't either, so if we could get a matchmaking system where players who drop lose rank, that would be fantastic.

Skittle King

06-29-2012

Sounds like compensation enough for me! Great work Riot!!

Runix

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh411 View Post
I just tried it and it's pretty cool. You have a passive like dominion's where you passively gain exp and you start at lvl 3 with bonus gold. You are not allowed to go back because the button is disabled, and you do not get healed at the fountain. It's pretty cool.
This was heavily debated when it was in beta, but I will agree that I like the system, it speeds up the game and helps make it easier to come back. Previously, you danced around for what seems like forever until one huge combat, then whoever won would snowball to victory - not as much fun as it could be.

MetaSolaray

06-29-2012

Probarly should make a penalty if people dodge, I'm tired of getting a nice champion I'd like to play in an ARAM, to have 4 dodges in a row.

EDIT: 5 dodges...

Ellis Island

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2012

Does anyone else have major lag when you play on this map?

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-29-2012

Yep, just played it with a Rioter. You should definitely put this on the Announcements and not just as a sticky on GD. More people will see it there!

Lead Death

06-29-2012

woo hoo new maps!

Eph289

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We're waiting to see what you guys think of the map first before we make that call.
I think your title is misleading, Brackhar. The training map "Proving Grounds" has been playable for over 2 years . . .

OHHHHH, you meant Murderbridge.

Porktornado

06-29-2012

To Riot:

OMGOMGOMG Thank you soooo much!! Wow.

This is absolutely amazing. I've wanted this for so long. As an avid player I have turned more and more to ARAM/ARAB because it's just so much freaking fun. Thank you for making it so much more official! You guys rock!!!

Perrycox42

06-29-2012

Was this actually intended to be an ARAM map, or was that just what people hyped it up to be?

Because this is not ARAM. It's ARAB with Summoner's Rift turrets.

Between the starting gold, the global aura (With the passive experience, etc), the health pack, starting at level 3, the Dominion items, and the ****ing bushes, this map screams ARAB.

I hate ARAB. I'll be sticking to Summoner's Rift for my ARAM >.>