Tribunal is lose-lose system.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jackič Chan

Junior Member

06-28-2012

So many thumbs down, for one person who actually cares about the future of this game. This only proves much more that the tribunal is more biased system for its lower tier players. I'm a competitive player, and i have a drive to win not the guy who goes 0-11. Competitive players is the only reason this games live, and if riot is trying to get rid of them go ahead you lose my support any day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Hobo Lord

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
So I recently returned from a 24 or 30 day suspension or something. Got my account back June 22.

Haven't said more than a couple words to people since I've been unsuspended. Was just carrying a game on kassadin when I crashed and trying to log back in resulted in my account suspended error until July 3rd.

Whats funny is I'll get reported for that as well thanks to Riot's **** client.

I've stopped purchasing Riot points and supporting Riot because every day I'm afraid I'm going to have been banned or suspended for absolutely no reason.

You don't give the power to suspend players in anonymous peoples hands. especially when they get free IP for it. Absolutely retarded system and theres a reason no other popular game uses it.

Let the flaming of elitist/goody two shoes wanna bes begin.
There are other moba's without china-level authoritarian reporting systems, like smite and dota 2. Both quality games, go there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotTiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

06-28-2012
1 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
No, the fact is that you and I are two totally different people with totally different attitudes. You probably have no competitive nature in gaming at all. Im strongly competitive, this causes heated language. That is not a reason to suspend or ban some one.

The Tribunal supports one small section of the LoL playerbase; The people who don't care

For the other 80% its incredibly biased.

If Riot wants to eventually cut their competitive, high level elo playerbase down by 50-60% then keep the system. Otherwise they need to resolve some issues.

Edit* Yep, just looked you up. You aren't even ranked.
Apart from the fact that anybody's Elo has nothing to do with this discussion, dismissing someone's argument based on personal factors is one of the cardinal sins of logic.

What do you accomplish by "speaking the truth" and telling somebody that they are bad? Do they learn anything from that? Does that motivate them to play better? No, it upsets them, makes them defensive, and throws them out of their comfort zone. They're now focusing on you instead of the team and the game. Even if the game is already lost, you're just being abusive and upsetting somebody for no gain whatsoever.

The health of our competitive community is pretty self-evident, so I'd recommend you take a look at any of our recent Challenger Circuit events.

I am hypercompetitive. I am infamous among all of my friends for wanting tournaments, rankings, and tier lists for every activity we can come up with (in this past, this has included Karaoke Revolution and real-world capture the flag). Of course I get mad when my teammates throw, when something is miscommunicated, or my perfect 4-0 laning phase goes to waste because another lane goes 0-7. You know what I do? I am constructive. I give friendly advice, I keep things positive, and I move forward. When I'm too angry to think straight, I say nothing at all, finish the game, and close LoL to go blow off some steam.

Being competitive does not cause bad behavior. Bad behavior takes care of itself, and it's not welcome on the Fields of Justice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathCrunch

Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Apart from the fact that anybody's Elo has nothing to do with this discussion, dismissing someone's argument based on personal factors is one of the cardinal logical sins.

What do you accomplish by "speaking the truth" and telling somebody that they are bad? Do they learn anything from that? Does that motivate them to play better? No, it upsets them, makes them defensive, and throws them out of their comfort zone. They're now focusing on you instead of the team and the game. Even if the game is already lost, you're just being abusive and upsetting somebody for no gain whatsoever.

The health of our competitive community is pretty self-evident, so I'd recommend you take a look at any of our recent Challenger Circuit events.

I am hypercompetitive. I am infamous among all of my friends for wanting tournaments, rankings, and tier lists for every activity we can come up with (in this past, this has included Karaoke Revolution and real-world capture the flag). Of course I get mad when my teammates throw, when something is miscommunicated, or my perfect 4-0 laning phase goes to waste because another lane goes 0-7. You know what I do? I am constructive. I give friendly advice, I keep things positive, and I move forward. When I'm too angry to think straight, I say nothing at all, finish the game, and close LoL to go blow off some steam.

Being competitive does not cause bad behavior. Bad behavior takes care of itself, and it's not welcome on the Fields of Justice.
I don't believe these are the people being banned...as this type of "ur bad" player are in the majority. "ur bad" seems to be an acceptable form of harassment.

It's the people who "fight back" against the troll-baiters that tend to get the bans.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
No, the fact is that you and I are two totally different people with totally different attitudes. You probably have no competitive nature in gaming at all. Im strongly competitive, this causes heated language.
Being competitive and having no self control are not the same thing. If you get so worked up playing a video game that you're unable to stop yourself from freaking out at other people, you really need to work on having some semblance of self restraint.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero THM

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Apart from the fact that anybody's Elo has nothing to do with this discussion, dismissing someone's argument based on personal factors is one of the cardinal logical sins.

What do you accomplish by "speaking the truth" and telling somebody that they are bad? Do they learn anything from that? Does that motivate them to play better? No, it upsets them, makes them defensive, and throws them out of their comfort zone. They're now focusing on you instead of the team and the game. Even if the game is already lost, you're just being abusive and upsetting somebody for no gain whatsoever.

The health of our competitive community is pretty self-evident, so I'd recommend you take a look at any of our recent Challenger Circuit events.

I am hypercompetitive. I am infamous among all of my friends for wanting tournaments, rankings, and tier lists for every activity we can come up with (in this past, this has included Karaoke Revolution and real-world capture the flag). Of course I get mad when my teammates throw, when something is miscommunicated, or my perfect 4-0 laning phase goes to waste because another lane goes 0-7. You know what I do? I am constructive. I give friendly advice, I keep things positive, and I move forward. When I'm too angry to think straight, I say nothing at all, finish the game, and close LoL to go blow off some steam.

Being competitive does not cause bad behavior. Bad behavior takes care of itself, and it's not welcome on the Fields of Justice.
However, doing the opposite should not be punishable. If someone is bad (or not) and you tell them so, you shouldn't be afraid to do that. When summoners are afraid to speak their minds for fear of "ooh he might get hurt or offended by me, some random joe that they will never meet," then something has failed on a fundamental level. So what if that doesn't help the other guy, he's got an ignore function like everyone else. Just because one person can have a positive attitude while his cactus teammates throw the game doesn't mean the rest of us have to of fear of banning. Or at least it shouldn't.

Being competitive means caring about the game. And like anything someone cares about, your passion shows when you engage in that activity. Punishing someone for that passion is in-and-of-itself toxic to the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotTiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

06-28-2012
2 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrunch View Post
I don't believe these are the people being banned...as this type of "ur bad" player are in the majority. "ur bad" seems to be an acceptable form of harassment.

It's the people who "fight back" against the troll-baiters that tend to get the bans.
It's wise to take into account the fact that neither you nor I have a full picture of how the Tribunal has been working and what the end result should be - so neither of us are in a position to make blanket statements about trends.

That said, two wrongs don't make a right. If somebody becomes abusive and disruptive because "they started it", they don't get a free pass. Yes, players who are clearly goaded into anger deserve leniency over unprompted ragers, but flaming someone is flaming someone. There are plenty of constructive ways to deal with unpleasant people that don't risk crossing any lines.

It's not a black-and-white issue by far- which is why we have a system in place that allow real people to make qualitative judgements on a larger picture of a player than a single game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
However, doing the opposite should not be punishable. If someone is bad (or not) and you tell them so, you shouldn't be afraid to do that. When summoners are afraid to speak their minds for fear of "ooh he might get hurt or offended by me, some random joe that they will never meet," then something has failed on a fundamental level. So what if that doesn't help the other guy, he's got an ignore function like everyone else. Just because one person can have a positive attitude while his cactus teammates throw the game doesn't mean the rest of us have to of fear of banning. Or at least it shouldn't.

Being competitive means caring about the game. And like anything someone cares about, your passion shows when you engage in that activity. Punishing someone for that passion is in-and-of-itself toxic to the game.
There is nothing wrong with having to think before you speak. You have no right to just say "you are bad." That adds no value to the player, the team, or the game, and just makes the player (who is already fully aware that they aren't having a good game) upset. You should have no fear of giving constructive feedback - say something like "you really need to keep wards up so you stop dying to ganks" at the very least.

Nobody is being punished for passion - they are punished when they respond poorly to that passion. If you want to rage, you're free to scream at your monitor - you get to say "YOU ARE SO BAD" as much as you want without the negative effects on your target (when they get upset) or yourself (when you risk getting banned).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

underdevelopment

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
However, doing the opposite should not be punishable. If someone is bad (or not) and you tell them so, you shouldn't be afraid to do that. When summoners are afraid to speak their minds for fear of "ooh he might get hurt or offended by me, some random joe that they will never meet," then something has failed on a fundamental level. So what if that doesn't help the other guy, he's got an ignore function like everyone else. Just because one person can have a positive attitude while his cactus teammates throw the game doesn't mean the rest of us have to of fear of banning. Or at least it shouldn't.

Being competitive means caring about the game. And like anything someone cares about, your passion shows when you engage in that activity. Punishing someone for that passion is in-and-of-itself toxic to the game.
Stop dressing up your argument and just admit that you want to be able to harass people and not get banned for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
No, the fact is that you and I are two totally different people with totally different attitudes. You probably have no competitive nature in gaming at all.
I'm competitive, not very high in ELO, but working on improving it. I've bever been warned, much less banned. This despite occasional "competitive players" raging at me for not doing well in single games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
The Tribunal supports one small section of the LoL playerbase; The people who don't care

For the other 80% its incredibly biased.

If Riot wants to eventually cut their competitive, high level elo playerbase down by 50-60% then keep the system. Otherwise they need to resolve some issues.
So where are the thousands of gold/plat badge players getting banned and whining about it, hmm?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
No, the fact is that you and I are two totally different people with totally different attitudes. You probably have no competitive nature in gaming at all. Im strongly competitive, this causes heated language. That is not a reason to suspend or ban some one.
It's possible to be competitive without using "heated language". The majority of players are like this.
That being said, the validity of your perspective and structure of your argument is completely null.

I'm sorry to say you're just plain wrong. It's you that's causing the problem, not the tribunal.