@Riot, Xerath stealth nerfed?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JaminBen

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ununseptium View Post
Yes, but if they do this and keep Xerath's ultimate the way it is, it will be more easily prevented than a Nunu ulting against a team with Leona, Taric, Naut, Janna, and Kennen.

If Riot 'buffs' Xerath anywhere else, while leaving Xerath's ultimate with it's current delay, he won't be reliable at all, unless they buff his other skills to the point where they compensate for his ultimate not being able to hit.
Oh no trust me, I know how ult dependent Xerath is. I main him as well, and I really want it changed. I'm just saying, based on Phreak's answer, they probably won't change it. He's dodging everything, and being so broad that his answer pretty much translates to "It wasn't intentional, but we might decide to fix it, but we're not promising that we'll fix it."

If they leave his ult the way it is, then they will have to compensate A LOT in other areas. The range on his E will need to be increased for one. The travel time of his E will also need to be increased.

Mikhur

06-28-2012

Riot didn't notice the change because no one at Riot plays Xerath. Personally, I think they've shelved him as he's largely irrelevant, which saddens me as a Xerath player. Just looking back to the thread regarding a change to his passive, it was a "meh" idea and when it failed because of its "meh-ness", they just shrugged their shoulders and said they might look into it later.

AKA - never. They don't know how to build him without opening him up to being OP, so they just ignore him and let him live in squalor.

JaminBen

06-28-2012

What I would really like is for Riot to come out and tell us if anything is going to be done about this. It's fine and dandy that Phreak can come in here and say "It wasn't our intention to nerf Xerath", but I want to know if anything is going to be done about this?

Seriously Riot, work on your communication. If Phreak doesn't know if something is going to be done about this, then go get someone who does.

UsoRemix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Well like I said, this wasn't really intentional. We don't intentionally hide changes. We just sometimes accidentally forget to list them. That's the actual truth, unfortunately.
So let me get this straight, you guys take a perfectly balanced champ, accidently nerf him, admit to him being fine, but refusing to revert the accidental nerf because you LIKE THE FEEL???? That is by far the worst excuse I've ever heard. Such a pitty, Xerath was already pretty under used.

btw, Morello said like months ago somewhere you guys disliked his passive and wanted to change it. Now is a good time to do that. Or just fix the ult cast time...

Elementalos

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Squid View Post
If you're going to give Xerath's ult a delay like Kog'maws, then give it the same CD too.
It might actually be pretty fun to give Xerath a more spammy ult.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

06-28-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Hey guys, here to explain what happened with Xerath and provide some updates

First, the ultimate change was intended for a number of reasons:
1) It brings Xerath’s playstyle closer to what we originally envisioned with the character (Constant siege barrage instead of instant burst)
2) The animation was broken with the previous ultimate and we wanted to fix that

We were also aware that this was a significant nerf to Xerath and intended to buff him at the same time to compensate for it, what we did NOT intend was the animation changes going in without the buffs accompanying it.

We will be giving Xerath the intended buffs in the next patch. We messed up on this one and I apologize on behalf of the team to all the Xerath players out there.

MouthØfMadness

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post

1) It brings Xeraths playstyle closer to what we originally envisioned with the character (Constant siege barrage instead of instant burst)
2) The animation was broken with the previous ultimate and we wanted to fix that

We were also aware that this was a significant nerf to Xerath and intended to buff him at the same time to compensate for it, what we did NOT intend was the animation changes going in without the buffs accompanying it.

We will be giving Xerath the intended buffs in the next patch. We messed up on this one and I apologize on behalf of the team to all the Xerath players out there.
Can you elaborate on the planned buffs? His ultimate is very difficult to land now.

King Roofus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post

1) It brings Xeraths playstyle closer to what we originally envisioned with the character (Constant siege barrage instead of instant burst)

The link to your quote was probably just saved to everyone who loves xerath toolbars. Hope you are right about that buff because if not the forums will be filled with, "BUT SOLCRUSHED SAID HE'D BE BUFFED NEXT PATCH! QQQQQ"

PallasAthens

06-28-2012

The position Xeraths ult is in now is that it's like Swains W, except instead of a 1 second delay between the circle being placed and the snare, there's a 2 second delay.

Sephtis

06-28-2012

I suspect the buff may be changing his passive to one that gives extra damage on longer ranged hits, the one they were considering but couldn't add because he was already sleeper op.