why pick AD teemo over AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fluffyknowsyou

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStaX View Post
could a teemo player explain to me, why you would pick teemo over someone like Kayle for a top lane ranged champ. the way i see it, teemo is extremely safe laner post six but brings nothing to his team out of lane, while Kayle can bring an amazing utility ult and still play the same role in lane as teemo.
I actually learned a really wierd trick after reading riot's tips. If you place shrooms in the path of the minions and spread them out enough, you can afk farm and slow down that backdooring ad champion. I don't know how many times there was a 5 vs 4 fight in mid,but someone was pushing hard only to get stopped by my shrooms.

end game:250 cs

arguably clutch

06-26-2012

Just going to say teemo isn't a carry. He's great against bruisers top; tl;dr he destroys darius, shen, jax, olaf, etc... though only if you know how to kite with his ms while still doing dmg. Because of his poison dot, getting in auto attacks when they go up to cs will make their health go down and make them regret auto locking without seeing the top lane pick (like kayle, though a good kayle could do what teemo does even faster). While I say kayle can do this better (kayle does a lot of dmg really fast in case you didn't know), teemo can continually harass while re-positioning by just moving an inch back or forward. Get red or a frozen mallet early on and you'll chase them to their tower and wait for them to grow a pair so you can do it again.
Out of the laning phase, you won't have the ad dmg a carry like graves/trist/kog/vayne/sivir would have, but you'll have the perma slow from mallet and the ****** speed from your w. In case you don't know what you should do with those abilities, help your ad carry kill people by keeping them slowed.
There are times when teemo carries, but this is usually because the enemy team decide to feed him to the point that he's close to fully built while the enemy carry might only have two items. That being said I can carry with sona if i get 15 kills in 20 mins too.

CyanShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

I havent seen a good AD Teemo in a Long time

Herald of Loki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2012

my typical build for Teemo is this:

Zhoynas Hourglass, Void Staff, Rabadons Deathcap, Madreds Blood razor, Deathfire Grasp (or Morellos Evil Tome) & Sorcerer Shoes (or Boots of Swiftness).

I compliment this with move speed & attack speed enhancements as well as AP/Magic Penetration in runes & masteries.

Via this build My AP Teemo has significant DPS that mebbe some AP Teemos are lacking in thanks to the magic penetration & attack speed benefiting Madreds Bloodrazor.

Teemos blinding dart & shrooms are heavily dangerous thanks to an abundance of AP & magic penetration & there is always the passive on Deathfire Grasp as a huge nuke (usually hitting for 45% of the targets health or more on full build.

I may not be pro-AD Teemo but I at least can admit that he is not "terrible" just simple & less effective than a well played AP Teemo.

The big sticking point re. AP Teemo seems to be that AP Teemo h8ers have seen so many bad ones that they refuse to believe that there are very dangerous, very deadly AP Teemos out there.

my build works for me, it gives DPS, Burst, Survivability, Intimidating Map control & Utility. Maybe my build is an AS on-hit effect/AP hybrid more than it is straight AP, but it works & is so much more fun & effective than i have seen AD Teemo to be

yodaz12

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by APocalypticTeemo View Post
my typical build for Teemo is this:

Zhoynas Hourglass, Void Staff, Rabadons Deathcap, Madreds Blood razor, Deathfire Grasp (or Morellos Evil Tome) & Sorcerer Shoes (or Boots of Swiftness).

I compliment this with move speed & attack speed enhancements as well as AP/Magic Penetration in runes & masteries.

Via this build My AP Teemo has significant DPS that mebbe some AP Teemos are lacking in thanks to the magic penetration & attack speed benefiting Madreds Bloodrazor.

Teemos blinding dart & shrooms are heavily dangerous thanks to an abundance of AP & magic penetration & there is always the passive on Deathfire Grasp as a huge nuke (usually hitting for 45% of the targets health or more on full build.

I may not be pro-AD Teemo but I at least can admit that he is not "terrible" just simple & less effective than a well played AP Teemo.

The big sticking point re. AP Teemo seems to be that AP Teemo h8ers have seen so many bad ones that they refuse to believe that there are very dangerous, very deadly AP Teemos out there.

my build works for me, it gives DPS, Burst, Survivability, Intimidating Map control & Utility. Maybe my build is an AS on-hit effect/AP hybrid more than it is straight AP, but it works & is so much more fun & effective than i have seen AD Teemo to be
while i have no doubt that the build you put up deals significant dmg, it seems incredibly expensive. I can have malady and phantom dancer up by the time you have madreds (which i presume is your second completed item after boots). I'm pretty sure that madreds/phantom dancer out dmg's madreds, especially early game, not to mention the bonus of having malady fairly early into the game.

Herald of Loki

06-27-2012

actually, i finish sorcere shoes first & (usually) build zhonyas nextfor defensive purposes as well as offensive

my playstyle may simply differ from yours, though

yodaz12

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by APocalypticTeemo View Post
actually, i finish sorcere shoes first & (usually) build zhonyas nextfor defensive purposes as well as offensive

my playstyle may simply differ from yours, though
Understood about the play style. My point though is that ap teemo depends a lot more on shrooms to do damage throughout the game, which are mitigated easily by cleanse. If op gets cleanse, ap teemo does very little. I also think that attack speed/ad teemo (what i think of as ad :S) just generally does more damage throughout the game and in team fights.

Also, whoever said the poison stacks therefore hybrid is best; poison doesn't stack, it just resets the timer.

ezPK XS PWR

06-27-2012

eZ way to put the way i see it
Teemo does good AP dmg as is, and doesn't scale to great.
AD + your poison is quite mean.

Also, a Teemo with the max amount of AP is only getting an additional 152 damage.
Much more attainable through AD.

SgtJimmyJay

07-08-2012

I go AP, but you MUST have runes for him. If you also pick up a deathfire grasp, use that in a combo and you do tons of damage along with his blinding dart and shrooms. In a team fight, all you have to do is use your BD and DG on whoever you focus, and if your run in and place a shroom in the middle of the brawl you can take out a good chunk of health from the enemy team.

Sam Is Whoa

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XS PWR View Post
eZ way to put the way i see it
Teemo does good AP dmg as is, and doesn't scale to great.
AD your poison is quite mean.

Also, a Teemo with the max amount of AP is only getting an additional 152 damage.
Much more attainable through AD.
Lol you couldn't be more wrong in this post. His poison is ok not great. The only ppl teeming can hit are the tanks because of his horrible range. This makes his poison useless as it does nearly no dmg to anyone with moderate mr and hp/5. Not a reason to play him. And I don't know what kind of"max" ap you know of but 152 extra dmg? A poison dart can tick off 300hp on a squishy easily. A shroom can hit for 500 a blind dart can smash an opponent. Hehas move quick for a reason. Drop shrooms blind dart from far force a chase to your team gg fight won.