Madred's Blood/Failrazor

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bastilico

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyverius View Post
Problem:
1.) Change the magic damage to true damage.
Given Riot's stance on true damage has become quite 'lax' recently, incorporating true damage is the best possible solution for now. Also makes it less mathy.

Hope this doesn't get buried in RP rage thread.
I highly doubt riot would ever make this item do true damage. There's already a LOT of true damage in the game, and adding more to it wouldn't make the game better. It would just make it feel worse to build as a tank. Champions with true damage have always been notoriously hard to balance as well.

The best option would be to add minimum damage to the passive proc, or change/add to the passive to further augment other on-hit effects on your champion. It would be nice to see an IE or deathcap equivalent item come out for on-hit builds. They really need some sort of core item to tie it all together. Heck what if it was just changed to let on-hits crit based off attack speed or every nth auto procs on-hits twice.

Brianv2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

I always thought that Madred's should buff other on hit items/effects somehow. Like how IE is the key item for carries, it seems like this should be the key item for on hit.

Bastilico

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianv2 View Post
I always thought that Madred's should buff other on hit items/effects somehow. Like how IE is the key item for carries, it seems like this should be the key item for on hit.
This ^

iZallen

06-26-2012

Well... this item seems viable to murder those squishy champions.. so I wouldn't really touch it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

06-26-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowGgPrettyEzTho View Post
Don't forget that you actually lose stats by completing it.
not anymore--we buffed it not too long ago so it doesn't lose stats. it's still a noob trap item for carries though, and i'd really like us to remake/replace it at some point.

Tyler Perry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
not anymore--we buffed it not too long ago so it doesn't lose stats. it's still a noob trap item for carries though, and i'd really like us to remake/replace it at some point.
And it will continue to be a noob trap item until it's true damage.
This item was introduced as a tank killing machine.

And.. it's not.

Slyverius

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianv2 View Post
Added, keep it on!

Quote:
I believe every item in this game should serve a more positive and significant purpose than as a noob trap item. Thanks for replying though, and at some point = Soon™ ?

Bastilico

06-26-2012

Quote:
Please do. I had to explain to 3 of my carries today in separate games why it was bad to build against something like a mundo with warmogs + FoN. It took a lot of convincing for them to understand that it wasn't the best choice too. :/

Master Bei Shun

06-26-2012

Quote:
It's more of a troll item now, in the same category as Tiamat. It's "possible" for it to be used correctly, but it goes against the current metagame.

Example: Wits End + Madred's Bloodrazor --> Tanky Items on Gangplank. You MUST start building tanky after those two items (and boots) or the build will fail. Not sure why it works, 100%, but it does.

Probably has something to do with Raise Morale movespeed boost in addition to mixed damage being hard to build against and it can burn through tanks.

Tiamat... yeah....

LiL KraZy

06-26-2012

3% true damage is a little high... If you put that on irelia or vayne, it goes way out of portion and does too much damage. Essentially 3% means 33 hits to kill a person. That's if you had 0 AD and was just using true damage. This will lead to Irelia going full tank with madreds and just facerolling combined with her true damage and this item...

Edit: True damage is an iffy topic. There is no real counter to true damage apart from HP (Against irelia). Which is what was argued when Vayne was released since her damage was % of hp. However, most people realised when it's every 3 hits, it's quite ok. In the case of madreds, if every hit was % true damage, it just makes the item ridiculous. A tank is meant to be a tank. The sole reason there are malphites and such. If madreds was % damage, everyone would give up being a tank. A flat true damage like that item in Dominion makes more sense and is far more balanced

1234567 ... 10