On non-carries...put a/d/k instead of k/d/a

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-27-2010

I just played a game against a bunch of tanks, their only non-tank was teemo, and warwick who's half-tank
We held off pretty well, and it was a good game. However at the end naturally somebody says "Fail team"

I did my job as the carry, and most everybody else did their job well. In end game screen I said "how was this a fail team? we held off quite well"
to which he replied "I blame 1/7 and 1/6"

However one of them was not a carry with 15 assists, the other was gangplank (which CAN be a carry, but is more support) with also 15 assists (he just got unlucky getting killing blows).

The stupidity of people needs to be accommodated for. If non-carries have assists where kills should be, it shows how well they're doing their actual job as the first read number.
Unless the non-carries kills outweigh their assists, assists will always appear first.

And since people will see assists are now first, they will look at the third number now too. However they will always instinctively look at first number.

I think this will help remind people that that player is indeed doing something useful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stickblade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-27-2010

People tend to think only kills are worth counting, and play for kills not for team goals. Hence having a teamplayer mindset changes how you view the game and said k/d/a ratios.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickblade View Post
People tend to think only kills are worth counting, and play for kills not for team goals. Hence having a teamplayer mindset changes how you view the game and said k/d/a ratios.
Yes but we all know that most of the players in low and mid elo do not have a very well formed teamplay mindset.

And thus view kills and deaths.

Changing the numbers around will trick their brains since right now they ignore the third number.

If you see 15/6/1 you're going to see it as better than 1/6/15.

They will no doubt still see kills, but hopefully the assists first will actually make them acknowledge the number.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aroster

Senior Member

08-27-2010

It wont change anything. i'd say a good 80% of the people who blame K/D/A are the ones who immediately lock in the ranged carry the moment they get to pick.

That said, i got yelled at today for 0-6-31 on Zilean. We won, but we lost 2 teamfights mid-game and the blame went straight to me. Gee, i apologize for reviving/speeding you up and netting that quadra kill earlier...

Support is a thankless role. Just trudge along knowing that mister 15-0-0 Ezreal is only doing so great because of you being there


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

komodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-27-2010

and tanks shoud get d/k/a

amidoinitright?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackLordDragonX

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickblade View Post
People tend to think only kills are worth counting, and play for kills not for team goals. Hence having a teamplayer mindset changes how you view the game and said k/d/a ratios.
really?I play to farm.Creep count makes the player and 10 creeps are as much as 1 kill so you make your decision.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyov

Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroster View Post
It wont change anything. i'd say a good 80% of the people who blame K/D/A are the ones who immediately lock in the ranged carry the moment they get to pick.

That said, i got yelled at today for 0-6-31 on Zilean. We won, but we lost 2 teamfights mid-game and the blame went straight to me. Gee, i apologize for reviving/speeding you up and netting that quadra kill earlier...

Support is a thankless role. Just trudge along knowing that mister 15-0-0 Ezreal is only doing so great because of you being there
support and tanks get the short end of the stick all the time


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLordDragonX View Post
really?I play to farm.Creep count makes the player and 10 creeps are as much as 1 kill so you make your decision.
This is true, farming wins the game...but I'm trying to give the valuable supports some help here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BangWow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Tl;Dr : OP is self conscious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Better solution.

Remove last hitting champs, and fold assists into kills. Show only K/D.


12