Tribunal is lose-lose system.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 49
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alcsaar

06-26-2012

So I recently returned from a 24 or 30 day suspension or something. Got my account back June 22.

Haven't said more than a couple words to people since I've been unsuspended. Was just carrying a game on kassadin when I crashed and trying to log back in resulted in my account suspended error until July 3rd.

Whats funny is I'll get reported for that as well thanks to Riot's **** client.

I've stopped purchasing Riot points and supporting Riot because every day I'm afraid I'm going to have been banned or suspended for absolutely no reason.

You don't give the power to suspend players in anonymous peoples hands. especially when they get free IP for it. Absolutely retarded system and theres a reason no other popular game uses it.

Let the flaming of elitist/goody two shoes wanna bes begin.

Thaylorn

06-26-2012

Reports sent to tribunal about leaving or AFKing carry no weight at all in terms of getting you to the tribunal, all AFKing and leaving is dealt with by Leavebuster.

LawGiver500

06-26-2012

Why don't people understand that the primary source of income for a F2P game isn't from the micropurchases (RP) It is primarily based on web based advertisement to the consumer base (Alienware, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Razer, and etc). So if you play the game regardless of if you buy RP or not you are still adding to the bottom line of the company more then most micropurchases you could make.

Alcsaar

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawGiver500 View Post
Why don't people understand that the primary source of income for a F2P game isn't from the micropurchases (RP) It is primarily based on web based advertisement to the consumer base (Alienware, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Razer, and etc). So if you play the game regardless of if you buy RP or not you are still adding to the bottom line of the company more then most micropurchases you could make.

And yet none of those cost me money, so I don't care about them.

Microtransactions exist because they make money off them. Scaring players into not buying RP is not what Riot wants regardless of where the bulk of their income comes from.

And I'm not sure how you beleive they don't earn a lot of money from it. A lot of people spend more a month on this game than the 14.99 they'd spend on an MMO.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

I play by the rules.

I have never even gotten a warning.

I will still buy RP.

You can get mad at Riot all you want, but the fact is you are the one who broke the rules.

Alcsaar

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
I play by the rules.

I have never even gotten a warning.

I will still buy RP.

You can get mad at Riot all you want, but the fact is you are the one who broke the rules.
No, the fact is that you and I are two totally different people with totally different attitudes. You probably have no competitive nature in gaming at all. Im strongly competitive, this causes heated language. That is not a reason to suspend or ban some one.

The Tribunal supports one small section of the LoL playerbase; The people who don't care

For the other 80% its incredibly biased.

If Riot wants to eventually cut their competitive, high level elo playerbase down by 50-60% then keep the system. Otherwise they need to resolve some issues.

Edit* Yep, just looked you up. You aren't even ranked.

LawGiver500

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
I've stopped purchasing Riot points and supporting Riot........
I never said they didn't make a good deal of money from the microtransaction. What i'm saying is that regardless you are still supporting Riot's primary source of income. So you aren't really hurting them by not buying RP. You are just providing less.

Iceshiv

06-26-2012

OP, you talk like you've all the sudden gotten scared and won't buy RP and it's injustice since you've come off your 30 day ban.

Wow man, 30 day ban? You should have been cleaning up your act long before today. There's no sudden change here. You've been banned before. Sounds like you've had multiple chances over a while to correct your toxic behavior.

There's no sudden injustice here. If there's injustice, it's that you haven't corrected your flaming and the player base is tired of your "competitive nature" or so you call it.

There's no rule that says to be competitive you have to treat people like garbage. That's not what it is at all.

/end elitest/goody two shoes rant or whatever you mad people call it

sugarcrotch

06-26-2012

idk i have never been banned except once by the leavebuster for 24hours and im pretty competitive and rage a lot, but my fellow teammates cant report me for it because i say it on skype or to my computer (yea i talk to my computer)

also maybe the reason you have stopped buying rp is because you have been banned for so long xD

Mirror

06-26-2012

Arguments like these depend on two silent fallacies:

- The idea that it's Riot banning you.
- The idea that 'no one is safe from the Tribunal and you just get banned for whatever because people just want IP.'

You were banned by your fellow League of Legends players. Your "peers" looked at your chat logs and said Get this guy out of here. Meanwhile, the Tribunal punishes about two percent of the League of Legends population. If everyone was being banned because people just want IP, none of us would be playing the game because we'd all have banned each other.

So, ultimately: People who don't know you, don't have any biases or grudges against you, decided to punish you, and not the guy standing next to you (Tribunal punish rate is currently 51%). Instead of getting mad at the system, or the people who participate in it, or Riot, I invite you to ask yourself why other League of Legends players would think you are in the worse half of the cases they look at.

1234511 ... 49