@Pendragon. Tribunal Works, I am rehabilitated, I Have Completed Your Challenge.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

06-26-2012

Also Pendragon and Lyte: I feel as though the Tribunal takes League of Legend's focus away from its true purpose...

...FUN.

When you added the Tribunal, you introduced fear-mongering. And though it may work, it's kept me in coop vs ai a great deal, and has even inspired me to play more custom games. Why? Because playing with real players is a potential threat to my account. I join normal queue, and my chances of having bad games and giving someone a piece of my mind also increase. Yes, I may say mean things. I am human, not a robot. Though I often feel like your Tribunal's made me into a robot lately... not caring about win or lose anymore... eating away at the very spirit of competition that defines our purpose in playing.

Galbraith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

@ Pendragon

I agree with your logic concerning players who have had a large number of warnings. My biggest issue, and I suspect that you agree with this, is that I believe that offering the level 20 challenge was a huge error. Obviously you would not have offered it if you had anticipated the toxic game situations it created, but I think it is reasonable for people to be upset when such a sweet prize (potentially hundreds of $US in some cases) is yanked off the table without an adequate warning period.

I don;t think the challenge should exist, but I'd be upset too if I spent weeks or months adjusting my behavior (and it is painful to do) only to have the rug pulled out unexpectedly. Perhaps I missed the official announcements, but as far as I know this challenge was offered without the proviso that it could be revoked without notice. Some players may have made different decisions regarding their time had it been advertised as such.

BigBenClockTower

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrowed View Post
So, when does defending yourself from a toxic player finally make you a toxic player?
When you start lashing out with flaming insults of fiery wrath, and treat the toxic player exactly how he's treating you.

i.e., responding to "lol, noob, so fail" with "stfu noob, im positive you arent" is you being toxic in defense of yourself.

If you respond to the former with something more logical, less accusatory, or outright just don't say anything at all, then, you are not being toxic, and still defending yourself.

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

@Pendragon

Right now there is a reporting system for when people misbehave. Add the ability to "report" someone for good behavior. Find some kind of reward system for positive attitudes, team play, etc. I feel the tribunal is a good system... but it's only half of what it should be.

Cytrial

06-26-2012

You can turn the language filter off?

AncientSpark

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
Also Pendragon and Lyte: I feel as though the Tribunal takes League of Legend's focus away from its true purpose...

...FUN.

When you added the Tribunal, you introduced fear-mongering. And though it may work, it's kept me in coop vs ai a great deal, and has even inspired me to play more custom games. Why? Because playing with real players is a potential threat to my account. I join normal queue, and my chances of having bad games and giving someone a piece of my mind also increase. Yes, I may say mean things. I am human, not a robot. Though I often feel like your Tribunal's made me into a robot lately... not caring about win or lose anymore... eating away at the very spirit of competition that defines our purpose in playing.
I agree and disagree with this. I disagree that the fears that people have have any basis, but I agree that it's the perception of the system that counts. It could probably be better if the Tribunal system was better explained to the public.

Noir

06-26-2012

If you made The Tribunal to have players judge players for their crimes, then why not have the players be responsible for determining the condemned's parole? If people who wished to be un-banned after being rehabilitated and have some means to prove it(Level 20 without offence for example), then have them make a forum post with a poll, have a red confirm it and give a counterargument or whatever, and have the players judge the person once more.

The community condemned him, so why not give the community the power to forgive him?

Sorrowed

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpaz View Post
Being offensive is an offense.

You don't have to "defend yourself" in an online environment -- you don't have to put up with it in the first place.

Your question doesn't need to be answered, imo -- it's not something that should be coming up. It's not a process that you should be trying to employ. Simply ignoring them saves time and effort and you don't have to try and defend yourself from the Tribunal when you "counter" offensiveness with offensiveness of your own.
Who are you to decide that my question isn't worth answering?

GGTHEPLAYS

06-26-2012

@ Pendragon

When we call a lane in champ select screen, and another player picks a champ for the same lane (top for instance). When this happens and we go to our lane and start playing many times the other person will troll us and say in /all chat " this guy.... he is trolling. report him please for trolling." What can we do?? many times i've had this happen to me and the other team will take the other guys side even when i politely explain what happened. What can I do??

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

06-26-2012
12 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
When you added the Tribunal, you introduced fear-mongering. And though it may work, it's kept me in coop vs ai a great deal, and has even inspired me to play more custom games. Why? Because playing with real players is a potential threat to my account. I join normal queue, and my chances of having bad games and giving someone a piece of my mind also increase. Yes, I may say mean things. I am human, not a robot.
I sympathize, but you're the vast minority. If you can't enjoy the game without saying mean things to people, then perhaps it's time to move on. It's tough to say - and I'm sure it's tough to hear, but that's reality.