LoL vs Dota 2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aircross

06-25-2012

Contrary to popular belief, LoL snowballs harder than Dota.

Look at these screens and tell me if you can EVER come back from a game in LoL if the enemy has that big of an advantage.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577833752978234745/C7683896108E77F758846FEA43223AEB94770F86/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577833752978232180/679AAAE484C0A1A0CEA89744AAAF979EE3E5A7FA/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577833752978228838/89F1A053B5382115F2EA646E3663BA5207AED4AE/

ChillE

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircross View Post
Contrary to popular belief, LoL snowballs harder than Dota.

Look at these screens and tell me if you can EVER come back from a game in LoL if the enemy has that big of an advantage.
None of your links worked for me...

But I think one of the great things about lol is that if you DO somehow beat the snowball team in a teamfight and take out 3-5 of their guys, you can cut their advantage in half or MORE before they can even respawn - or better yet, you can push one lane down and try to end the game before they can regroup.

In DOTA they can just buy back in to stop the push. And pushing USUALLY doesn't occur as quickly.

From the high end (competitive scene) games I've watched from BOTH games, LOL's tend to be more watchable, and the transition from laning to teamfights is a more natural one. I've seen way too many super passive dota games that STAY passive 20-30 minutes in!

Yummy Blueberry

06-25-2012

havent played dota 2

Dotislav Pro

10-05-2012

Dota is not for everyone ^^. U need years to learn to play basics of dota and to become a normal player. Requires thinking more then lol dose, better last hitting / deny-ing. Knowing every hero is crucial because they are so unique and u may end up being dead if u underestimate some of them like the two-headed monster or real troll and many more (all) . If u become really good in dota u might be able to win game alone and its pretty fun to be able to carry yourself. Learning dota requires time and desire, fresh player's soul that is eager to learn and have real fun in it. Good Luck .

aCrAzYmAnWAlking

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmagician60 View Post
i've played LoL for 1 and a half years, and i wondered what so great about Dota 2?
LoL and Dota 2 are the most part the same game with a few differences.

Champions:
Amount: LoL: 99 vs Dota 2: 81 - LoL wins that one by 18.. not much when to think of it.
Originality: All of LoLs champs have names, this adds character and makes them feel
Original, like they all have an identity. well Dota 2 on the other hand,
has a few that don't have names, and are generic,
like "Sniper", "Nature's Prophet", "Enchantress", "Skeleton King", Ect,
Overall: LoL puts alot of work into their Champs, giving them all an identity

Items:
Amount: LoL: 127 vs Dota 2: 127 yup a it's tie, i was surprised as well,
if you don't believe me go look it up
Actives/Unique: Passives: LoL: about 34 (counting Summoners) vs 65... no joke
Overall: Dota spends more time on items, making alot of unique items.
they may have the same amount, but it's clear that Dota's do more.

so LoL vs Dota 2, comes down to.. LoL has better Champs, and Dota 2 has better Items.
after playing LoL for a while... i have to say i'm sick of buying a deathcap of every mage, and i'm sick of buy a IE on every AD champ. and tanks ares worst, because all they need is Armor, MR & CDR i found my tanks having the same build over and over with maybe a few differences here and there. i feel a item build should feel like a part of the champ your playing. in Dota item building is part of learning the hero, in LoL it could be your first time playing the champ but cause you've played a mage or a tank before you know what to build mostly. i've gotten to the point i don't have fun playing a champ i've never played before, because the strategy i'm using i've already used on like 2, 5 or more other champs already. i'm sorry to say but if i can get into Dota 2, i will play that instead. i may come back, but only if LoL works more on items for a while.
Seems like you know nothing. First off Dota has HEROES not CHAMPIONS. ALL of Dota's HEROES HAVE GOT names. You just don't know them. I'm kinda new so the only ones I remember are: Traxex the Drow Ranger, Krobelus the Death Prophet, Magina (lol) the Anti-Mage, Mogul Khan the Axe, Cryxalis the Sand King, Ezalor the Keeper of the Light, Boush the Tinker, Lanaya the Templar Assassin, Mortred the Phantom Assassin, Panda the Brewmaster, Balanar the Night Stalker, Dirge the Undying, N'aix the Lifestealer, Ursfaar the Ursa Warrior, Syllabear the Lone Druid, Rylai the Crystal Maiden (and be4 you say anything, LoL copied their item from this chick's scepter), Kael the Invoker, Akasha the Queen of Pain and Harbringer the Outworld Destroyer. Dota 2 is DotA in a new engine. LoL has 105 champions, DotA has 110. The ones that Dota 2 hasn't got will be implemented to it until it comes out. With every new patch new heroes come out (I mean new to both DotA and Dota 2 but we have to wait at least 2 months for a new patch to come out. But we have a lot of abilities/heroes reworks, new heroes, balance changes for almost all heroes and items and much more, which keeps the game fresh, as it changes it completely, something that LoL hasn't done for the 9 months I've been playing it. The most important though is that there are NO FREAKING BUGS and if after a new patch come sout, they are fixed in 1 hour MAXIMUM. Heroes have more depth, so Dota wins LoL to that aswell, not just items. In LoL we get a champion every 3 weeks which is either a copy from a Dota hero, or a remake of an older champion. That's all