Confused

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muraji2

06-24-2012

How did I get a one day ban for leaving 2 games in 2 days after, IDK guessing here, 3 days? I don't even see this as fair tbh... I know that this place has taken a harsh stance on game leaving and I even get annoyed at it. I'm just a new player to this game and get frustrated when my little progress is impeded by people that are new. I should clarify here. I have no problem with people that are new it is just that when I'm trying to learn the game it is so hard when I get 3 other new players on my team. 99% of the time it is obvious.

I don't expect a LoL GM to post here; in fact, I don't know what I expect. I can justify the players I left.

So I leave LoL staff with this question. How do you justify banning someone who wants to surrender but their team will not surrender? Even if that team has lost the game? You /surrender and they all vote no.

I've thrown $15 of my money into this game and to get a 1 day ban? Really?

Serra ArkAngel

06-24-2012

Don't leave if you don't want to be banned.

Leaverbuster working as intended.

Muraji2

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra ArkAngel View Post
Don't leave if you don't want to be banned.

Leaverbuster working as intended.
Meh, I would go into theory crafting but the dev team at LoL has already done so and taken a stance... TBH, how would you feel if you got a ban after blowing $10 on a game? and this is just arguing logistics...

Not to mention you get a automated email... Seriously, ten bucks for a automated email next to my automated receipt? WOW

BStein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

serra sums it up pretty much. if your team doesnt want to give up just stick it out who knows you might get a good ace in a team fight and win the game.

Muraji2

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStein View Post
serra sums it up pretty much. if your team doesnt want to give up just stick it out who knows you might get a good ace in a team fight and win the game.
Yeah, and I will now...

Dude I had no idea about this... I"m sure it is in their TOS and it does say you can get "banned for some time (Undescribed thanks)" I mean really though, a one day ban for two games left in 2 days? WTF?! I've given these guys $15 in 2 days... are they trying to force a new account?

I should calm down.. I shall but wow!

I mean if I get afkers like I do (which I do) how in heck do they justify that to a new player who spent money on the account?

It just sucks guys I'm sorry... Game ruined, just as they always are, by people who can't and won't play the game but want to troll.... Then you have a staff that is so overburdend by complaints like mine that will ignore this because they don't have the time...

Sorry for the rage guys, first day sober and this game just rolled me...

Wilwariniel

Sr. QA Analyst

06-24-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hello, Muraji2, I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated! Our matchmaking system tries to put people with a similar skill level together in games, so that things are balanced. Since you're very new, that means you should also be matched up with other players that are new. This way, a veteran player doesn't stomp all over a game full of new players (whether they mean to or not), and a new player doesn't find themselves in a game full of pros, where they'd be lost.

The good thing about playing with a bunch of other new players is that you can all learn the game together! Sharing knowledge, making mistakes (and learning from them) with others is a great way to make lasting friends that you can play with well into the high levels.

As for leaving, you really have to look at it from the perspective of your teammates. If even you don't like leavers yourself, then why should others have to tolerate them just because you are the one doing it? Why should you get a free pass to potentially ruin the game for four or nine other people? I don't think that's very fair, and I'm sure if somebody else was getting that free pass and kept ruining your games, you wouldn't feel like it is very fair, either.

Try to be patient with other new players. They're learning, just like you! If somebody is griefing you, giving you a hard time, or is purposefully feeding or trolling, then that's another story, and I encourage you strongly to report them. But if you're the only one who wants to surrender consistently, maybe try to take a step back and see why they don't want to give up. They might have a good reason! Tough it out with them, and you might just wind up with a victory that's made all the sweeter for having an awesome comeback!

TwistWrist

06-24-2012

Spending money doesn't entitle you leeway to ruin games.

Kreyni

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwariniel View Post
Hello, Muraji2, I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated! Our matchmaking system tries to put people with a similar skill level together in games, so that things are balanced. Since you're very new, that means you should also be matched up with other players that are new. This way, a veteran player doesn't stomp all over a game full of new players (whether they mean to or not), and a new player doesn't find themselves in a game full of pros, where they'd be lost.

The good thing about playing with a bunch of other new players is that you can all learn the game together! Sharing knowledge, making mistakes (and learning from them) with others is a great way to make lasting friends that you can play with well into the high levels.

As for leaving, you really have to look at it from the perspective of your teammates. If even you don't like leavers yourself, then why should others have to tolerate them just because you are the one doing it? Why should you get a free pass to potentially ruin the game for four or nine other people? I don't think that's very fair, and I'm sure if somebody else was getting that free pass and kept ruining your games, you wouldn't feel like it is very fair, either.

Try to be patient with other new players. They're learning, just like you! If somebody is griefing you, giving you a hard time, or is purposefully feeding or trolling, then that's another story, and I encourage you strongly to report them. But if you're the only one who wants to surrender consistently, maybe try to take a step back and see why they don't want to give up. They might have a good reason! Tough it out with them, and you might just wind up with a victory that's made all the sweeter for having an awesome comeback!
Basically this. I can't word it any better.

One thing I'd like to add though, is money is no reason not to be banned. I've used like $70 or so on this game, and I still wait out my bans with no complaint, because it is my fault for leaving when I did not believe we could win. (This was further proven in a 3v5 when we aced them at our Nexus then got Baron and won the game).

If money prevented bans, trolls would just give Riot $5 and build Revive Smite Evelynn and call top all day.

Muraji2

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwariniel View Post

K, but why not send that letter to me (pretyped) in a e-mail? Why give me a 24 hour ban? I mean I literally have payed you money (and was planning on more)... A one hour ban woulda been fine? A 2 hour ban woulda been fine? but 24-hours for a new player? I heard (from your website/read) that it was 1 hour - 7 days? Are you serious? I got the 1 day ban? I can't justify this and I won't ragequit your game but wow.... I"m sorry I love your game, but wow....

Okay, I think you should be WAY more descriptive of your ban tables... yes this means people will abuse them but this also means that n00bs like myself wont fall under the bomb shell...

I can't believe I have to go without 24 hours of play after blowing 15 bucks in the passed two days. In which I was banned for leaving two games, in which, I felt we had lost...

In food for thought, I understand your policy but was 24 hours really necessary?

I think not

Muraji2

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Spending money doesn't entitle you leeway to ruin games.
Yeah well bro', I can't commit myself to every game I play, and neither can you.. If they looked at the hours I played that day (instead of the days I played) they could easily see that I had played over 12 hours that day (or at LEAST 10+)

12345 ... 7